Jelena Pandzic Cheering Thread!! - Page 72 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1066
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Jelena Pandzic Cheering Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
she will probably have to play a QWC shoot out tournament since all QWC have been handed out already

but that would be only 1-2 matches against weak local scrubs.
That's great news. A lot of tournaments don't have QWC shoot-outs, so this gives Jelena an excellent opportunity because, like you said, she'll be playing local scrubs
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #1067
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
she will probably have to play a QWC shoot out tournament since all QWC have been handed out already
davidmario, will you have information about the Leverkusen pre-Q event? When does it start?

Also, I see Jelena is #6 on the list of alternates. Perhaps she'll make it into the Q draw automatically?
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #1068
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I see she's #23 in the list of alternates, so she might not make it without a QWC. If she gets one, then she might go far, as the entry list is pretty weak. The highest-ranked player on the Q list is #769 and on the MD list is #392.
Quote:
Also, I see Jelena is #6 on the list of alternates. Perhaps she'll make it into the Q draw automatically?
Jelena has made it onto the Q acceptance list for next week's $10K Koeln. She should have an excellent chance to qualify: the highest-ranked player on the Q list is now #1079--and by the time the Q draw comes out there probably won't be any ranked players on it.
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #1069
country flag networthy

So great to see Jelena's name in a tournament draw again!

http://beta.itftennis.com/procircuit...tid=1100026657

She should be able to qualify, since there are no ranked players in her section. Good luck, Jelena!

But she's already 29 years old
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1070
country flag networthy

$10K Koeln, QR1

Jelena PANDZIC (CRO) def. Lizanne JINKERTZ (GER) 6-0 6-0

Welcome back, Jelena!!!
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #1071
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Jele
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #1072
country flag fcBarcelona

fcBarcelona is an unknown quantity at this point

QR2
Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Lidia Usinger (GER) 61 61

QR3
Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Carolin Drescher (GER) 60 61
fcBarcelona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #1073
country flag networthy

^ Great! She lost just three games in three matches

In R1 Jelena plays Arginbayeva, a 19-yo with a #1141 CH ranking. Whoever wins will likely have to play the top seed, Zeballos (#393)

Jelena should be able to win her first match. That would allow her to re-enter the rankings, which would be a nice little accomplishment.

Good luck this week, Jelena!
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #1074
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Her qualie opponents were too young and not mature enough. Some had solid techniques but Jelle was just raping them. She even smashed her racquet on the ground after she hit 2 DFs to lose her first game of the match at 6-0 3-0
She will play Wednesday and I'm pretty sure she will have no troubles.
Then, she should play against her team mate (RTHC Bayer Leverkusen) Zeballos. They both practiced a lot together so I'm assuming Jelle has her game plan already in her mind
She is so friendly and gets a lot of support here in Leverkusen since she came to this club at a very young age and we offered her father a job as the court maker or however you call it Unfortunately she had this car accident in 2003 that didnt allow her to play for 5 years or so but she is still fit.
On Sunday, before her first round qualie match she also played in the Bundesliga and lost to Lisjak 3 and 3. People told me Lisjak was playing too fast for Jelena and she had no chance. But maybe Jelena was tanking for the 10k since she is eager to get those ranking points
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #1075
country flag networthy

Btw, Jelena is on the acceptance list for next week's $10K Breda (NED). But she's the #73 alternate

Maybe an SE?
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #1076
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

11am tomorrow
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #1077
country flag networthy

(Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Aselya Arginbayeva (KAZ) 60 60

Thunderous comeback to a MD! With this, Jelena will re-enter the rankings

In R2 she plays the top seed, Zeballos, who had to struggle (76 63) to beat a Q.

Good luck, Jelena!
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #1078
country flag davidmario

Zeballos is her friend - both play for the club where the tournament is being held and she is a member now for already 15 years. Her father slobodan works here as a court keeper and is very proud. I had a very nice conversation with him. He said she will be here for another 2-3 months and will play tournaments in the netherlands and somewhere around Germany.
Zeballos was lacking power today as the courts were slow and wet. We will see.
Btw, Jelena was extremely happy after her win and she looked relieved and joked that its like the 7th time she re-entered the WTA rankings
Second match on center court tomorrow and spobox.tv will stream the match, but I fear that its only watchable from a german IP adress...
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM   #1079
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

This next match will say a lot, but a win (even quite an easy one) by Jelena wouldn't surprise me, as she is ATM more fresh - not just in terms of stamina, but mentally as well - than many of the Tour regulars. I have a feeling Jelena 3.0 will go far Not sure who originally came up with this, but for those of you who don't know...
- there was "Jelena" (the original)
- then there was "Jelena 2.0" (came after years recovering from the car crash)

So unless I missed one of her reincarnations, this must be Jelena 3.0

Oh, and, great that we have an "insider" as well!
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 08:52 AM   #1080
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I have a feeling Jelena 3.0 will go far Not sure who originally came up with this, but for those of you who don't know...
- there was "Jelena" (the original)
- then there was "Jelena 2.0" (came after years recovering from the car crash)

I did

Quote:
Funny--I thought the same thing. Jelena 2.0 would have only lost one or two games (Jelena 1.0 was 1999-2003; Jelena 2.0 was 2007-2009).