Jelena Pandzic Cheering Thread!! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #46
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future
Re: Jelena Pandzic Cheering Thread!!

If she keeps playing like this, very possible
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #47
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Jelena Pandzić CRO [Q] def. Christina Wheeler AUS 64 63
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #48
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

another very good win
she plays dubois again in the qf. hopefully she can beat her like she did two weeks ago
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #49
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Yep, I'm hoping she can win again against Steph, and then possibly get some revenge against Kloesel in the semis. I also see she's entered in San Francisco next week as well! She's playing a lot. That event is a 50K also, but the field is tougher. Jelena is #12 in qualifying, so depending on how far she goes here, she may not be able to even make it there to play the qualis.
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #50
country flag roxi

Good luck!!!
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #51
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

unofficially, she lost easily to dubois
i guess it's just too many matches in a row...6 matches in 6 days
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #52
country flag roxi

Better luck next week!!!
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #53
patch.

patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena But you played well to win 5 matches in 5 days
patch. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #54
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

A lot of tennis may be catching up with Jelena, but it's got to be good for her experience to have all these matches. Already into the 2nd round of qualis in San Fran, well not officially, but she's playing Brie Whitehead, so it's about as close to a confirmed win as you will see. Looks like a fairly straight-forward path to the MD for Jelena. Hopefully she can keep improving and find herself in at least the semis this week!
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #55
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrtbckhnd View Post
A lot of tennis may be catching up with Jelena, but it's got to be good for her experience to have all these matches. Already into the 2nd round of qualis in San Fran, well not officially, but she's playing Brie Whitehead, so it's about as close to a confirmed win as you will see. Looks like a fairly straight-forward path to the MD for Jelena. Hopefully she can keep improving and find herself in at least the semis this week!
I agree that playing all these matches is very good for Jelena right now, not just for the experience, but also to keep improving her ranking. At the rate she's climbing the rankings, soon she won't have to play qualies in these 50Ks; she'll get straight into the main draws and will have more energy to battle against those tougher main draw opponents. It's amazing when you think that just a few months ago she was unranked and had to play qualies to get into 10Ks!

Drawing Brie in San Francisco was very lucky; Jelena won't need to use any energy at all to win that one; it's the equivalent of taking a nap.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #56
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena's ranking jumped from 406 to 356 this week. With just 9 tournaments! Amazing.

Not really worth mentioning, but Jelena beat Brie 60 60.
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #57
auntie janie

Thumbs up Re: Jelena Pandzic Cheering Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrtbckhnd View Post
Already up to #405 in the rankings. A good week for her in Troy and she should break into the Top 400. It's amazing how quickly she rising up to her previous best ranking of #374 from 10/2002! She should eclipse that by the end of the year if she keeps up this level and continues to play.
You were right - she eclipsed it this week.
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #58
country flag croat123

i was hoping that she would be on the alternates list for the wta in canada, but she's not
she is on a list for a 50K next week though!
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #59
country flag croat123

she qualified in san francisco. she beat asia muhamed 6-3 6-0 she killed a very solid opponent
good luck in the main draw
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #60
xcrtbckhnd

Jelena is already through her 1st round match and plays 5th seeded Varvara Lepchenko next. That's a tall order, but GL anyways!
Jelena is on the entry lists for the 50K in GA next week and then the 25K in GA the next week. She's going to break the Top 300 by year end I think!