The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 97 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 06:23 PM   #1441
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Romanian, that's all I can say.
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1442
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Miami Doubles QF: King/Niculescu def. AMG/Pennetta 7-5 6-2

Didn't see this one coming.

Bye Irina-Camelia!
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #1443
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Great tourney

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #1444
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki Open's draw

(4)Monica Niculescu (ROU) v Valeria Savinykh (RUS)
Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) v Stefanie Voegele (SUI)
Q v Petra Martic (CRO)
Q v (7)Ksenia Pervak (KAZ)

The first couple of rounds look easy, although Voegele seems in good form (reaching the third round of Charleston coming thru qualies and taking Zvonareva to a third set, BUT it was on clay). I would a love a 3-hour marathon against Pervak in the QF
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #1445
country flag Curcubeu

First 2 rounds SHOULD be easy for indoor Monica, but I certainly won't survive her match against Pervak...

Wozzo rematch in the semis with psycho Monica in front of Danish crowd has some potential as well.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1446
country flag Curcubeu

1st match on Court 1 tomorrow. Organizers favouring the Scandinavian block.

Good luck, though!
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #1447
country flag Curcubeu

Niculescu def. Savinykh 6-2 6-2

Only broken once (although having hit only 50% 1st serves in), closed out the match with 2 love service games, not a single DF.

I don't know if she really served that well or if Valeria had just huge problems on the return, maybe a combination of both aspects.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #1448
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Niculescu def. Savinykh 6-2 6-2

Only broken once (although having hit only 50% 1st serves in), closed out the match with 2 love service games, not a single DF.

I don't know if she really served that well or if Valeria had just huge problems on the return, maybe a combination of both aspects.
Monica is a better server indoors I think that's the answer. As for the low serving percentage, I actually think this was a conscience decision and a good one. The fact that Monica did not hit a single double fault indicates that Monica was very much in control of her serve. Consequently she was able to go for it on the 1st serve, something she rarely does as one can tell by her normally very high 1st serve percentage.

Today obviously on 1st serve she decided to let loose and really go for it. The result was 4 aces and 72% of points won when the 1st serve went in. Obviously by going for it on 1st serve her serve percentage was lower than it usually is but I think this is a good trade off, especially on fast surfaces and really anytime at all when her 2nd serve is working well too as it obviously was today.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #1449
country flag Curcubeu

You are probably right, she feels more comfortable serving indoors which has maybe something to do with the neutral conditions there knowing how much she struggles in windy environment anyway.

Savinykh isn't exactly the player you should fear as a Top30, so she probably really went for the 1st serve and knew that her game is enough to win most points on the 2nd as well.Good and solid result. She really should take her chances here and reach the semifinal.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #1450
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mon
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #1451
country flag Curcubeu

Lost in 3 sets

The same procedure as everytime. Lack of serve, poor decisions, squandering chances in the end etc.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #1452
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

She really was too cray-cray in the third set, playing like she had already given up when trailing against BoJo is hardly a hopeless situation.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #1453
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Bojana played a really very good tennis.
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #1454
country flag Curcubeu

Monica is probably in the main draw for Stuttgart because there is no use for the 'Top 20 wildcards', so she is likely to take their sport as one of the Top ALTs.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 09:13 PM   #1455
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Stuttgart, Main Draw:

(6)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Jelena Jankovic (SRB)
Angelique Kerber (GER) v Roberta Vinci (ITA)
Francesca Schiavone (ITA) v Monica Niculescu (ROU)
(3)Petra Kvitova (CZE) v BYE

Couldn't be much better to be honest, but it's her first match on clay, so we'll see.