The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 94 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #1396
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
By the way, whenever Monica won a match in 2012, she handed out a bagel or breadstick:

Hampton 7-6 6-1
Cornet 5-7 6-0 6-3
Parmentier 4-6 6-4 6-1
Gajdosova 6-1 4-6 6-4
Vesnina 6-1 6-0

Yeah, true. And most of her victories last year as well. When Monica gets on a roll it can be very hard to win games against her.

Old Feb 13th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #1397
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Monica 70 easy points without starting to play in this tournament
grs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #1398
country flag Boomer23

Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold Boomer23 is a splendid one to behold

Monica is the erly discover for me in 2012, I followed her At the OA and Paris tournament, I like very much her tennis, I hope she'll do well in the future !

Go Monica !!!

Svetlana Alizé Kim Andréa
Boomer23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #1399
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Won against Zvonareva 7-5 3-2 Ret.

2nd Top 10 win in her career and a great result after that devestating start to the year back to where she ended 2011. Unbelievably happy!
Gutted that this wasn't on Center Court, though, so I can't say anything about Monica's performance or Vera's injury...

Next round against Pennetta who is a horrible match-up for her or Kateryna Bondarenko who has always been a player she loved to play against. Obvious who I want to win there, but at that point I would rate Monica's chances to beat her currently a bit outsorted nemesis not too low to be honest.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #1400
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

I am sad for Vera. I was hoping she was going to be fit enough to complete the match but oh well.

Still good to see Monica did what she needed to do to get the win.

As to Monica's next opponent yeah it is hard to know who one would rather she plays. On the one hand Monica beat Bondarenko very easily when they previously played. But on the other hand, even though Flavia killed Monica both times they previously played the difference in the current form between the two players is such that this could be a great opportunity for Monica to get some revenge. I really can't decide which player I want her to play honestly.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1401
Everybody's a star!!!

Kateryna Bondarenka it is. I don't want to get too excited but clearly this is a match Monica will go into as the favourite. Already this has been a decent tournament for Monica, but another one or two victories here and it could become another absolutely wonderful tournament for her.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #1402
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Kateryna Bondarenka it is. I don't want to get too excited but clearly this is a match Monica will go into as the favourite. Already this has been a decent tournament for Monica, but another one or two victories here and it could become another absolutely wonderful tournament for her.
Do you really want some TF users to have heard attack ?
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1403
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

What a chance of a QF here.

Bondarenko is a good match up for her as well. Yeah, she beat Flavia comfortably, but the Italian is clearly out of form and served pretty week. I'm sure it won't be a good match, but I hope Monica can tough this one out.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1404
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of luck for Monica
Has to take her chances now

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #1405
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Do you really want some TF users to have heard attack ?
Depends which ones.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #1406
country flag Curcubeu

dsanders

She has to beat Kataryna now to take revenge on Stosur, but the results here are so random. The only thing that stinks is that tomorrow's match will be 100% not televised...
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #1407
country flag Curcubeu

She beat K. Bondarenko 7-6(5) 6-4

Came back from 2-5 in the 1st and broke in the second for the match! Great to see how she developped from one of the biggest chokers on tour to one of the toughest. You can really see how much confidence she is having right now!

QF against the winner of Stosur/Cetkovska! Haide!
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #1408
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Moni
QF against Stosur

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #1409
country flag Curcubeu

Lost 2-6 6-2 3-6, but what a great match and especially outstanding return game in that second set!

Monica seemed to have the momentum in the middle of the third, though, but Stosur was very clutch from there on and got herself back in an impressive manner!

Still, a good week, another well deserved QF and so many chances to get her ranking even higher on the upcoming big HC events. With her current game she is able to beat more than half of the current Top 20 player, taking into account that most of them are in poor form anyway.
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1410
country flag grs

I didn't watch the match but I think that it was very interesting. Now Monica is 29 WTA