The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 93 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #1381
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Especially because there is no argument for them anymore to hate on her. They mostly mock her and her fans for:

1.) her bad attitude: No screaming, no crying today, barely any insults and only one shout at an Angie UE. Even signed autographs after the match. In general, I think that Monica only tends to such extreme mental outbursts if she is the actual favourite which wasn't the case here or against Wozniacki when people were 'disappointed' with her.

2.) she's only a junking pusher: She hit more winners in the second set than an agressive Kerber and even in the first she had a decent amount of nice dropshots, overheads and backhand winners.

3.) her technique is an insult to tennis: Well, how many players with such an criminally bad technique can hit two handed drop shot winners from the baseline? It's effective, unorthodox and funny to watch. And the people here complaining about her playing not the tennis as it should be are the same moaning about robotic tennis styles as well.

Today's match was very entertaining with a lot of fun rallies. Her serving was very good for her standards I have to say. I hope she can keep this up in Doha!
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #1382
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Especially because there is no argument for them anymore to hate on her. They mostly mock her and her fans for:

1.) her bad attitude: No screaming, no crying today, barely any insults and only one shout at an Angie UE. Even signed autographs after the match. In general, I think that Monica only tends to such extreme mental outbursts if she is the actual favourite which wasn't the case here or against Wozniacki when people were 'disappointed' with her.

2.) she's only a junking pusher: She hit more winners in the second set than an agressive Kerber and even in the first she had a decent amount of nice dropshots, overheads and backhand winners.

3.) her technique is an insult to tennis: Well, how many players with such an criminally bad technique can hit two handed drop shot winners from the baseline? It's effective, unorthodox and funny to watch. And the people here complaining about her playing not the tennis as it should be are the same moaning about robotic tennis styles as well.

Today's match was very entertaining with a lot of fun rallies. Her serving was very good for her standards I have to say. I hope she can keep this up in Doha!
Yup. That technique that posters moan about can hit some of the most difficult and skillful shots imaginable. At the net she really is a wizard and can come up with some amazing improvised shotmaking. I also remember recently in this forum a general agreement amongst posters that the most difficult shot in the game was the backhand overhead. That is indeed one heck of a tough shot as so often one has to hit it with one's back to the court. Monica does this shot as well as anyone in the game.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Feb 9th, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #1383
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Dubai, Main Draw:

(6)Vera Zvonareva (RUS) v BYE
Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Monica Niculescu (ROU)
Q v Q
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v (11)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)

Perfection.

if we neglect Pennetta!
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #1384
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

The draw for Monica at Doha:

Q v Q

I hope for first round win here (and 70 points). Vera is difficult to handle by Monica but maybe she will retire having left hip injured
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #1385
country flag Curcubeu

Monica will know how to move her around the court, that's for sure!

And the match up against Vesnina is just hilarious. Elena's shot selection against any player is sometimes a bit strange and against Monica it will be comical!
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1386
country flag Battiv

Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice

I said that Niculescu-Kerber has been the Match of the Year, because of amusement and great shots. I thought that Monica made a wonderful performance and now, there is the confirm: Kerber has arrived in final and maybe will win.
Battiv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #1387
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
The draw for Monica at Doha:

Q v Q

I hope for first round win here (and 70 points). Vera is difficult to handle by Monica but maybe she will retire having left hip injured
I actually think that's a pretty good 2nd round for Monica if Vera is fit enough to play. Vera is playing ok at the moment but she is hardly at her best and Monica and Vera HAVE played before. Best of all the result was promising...

Vera beat Monica in Bangalore just under 4 years ago by the score of 4-6 6-3 6-1. That was in the days when Monica could play great tennis for 30 or 40 minutes but couldn't hold it together for a whole match. She had a lot of scorelines like that in the those days. But the promising thing is that 1st set tells us Monica, even 4 years ago, had the game to trouble Vera. With Monica now a much improved player very much capable of maintaining a strong level of play for 3+ hours if need be and with Vera not at her best and possibly troubled by a problem in the hip this could become a very interesting match up if Vera doesn't pull out.

Personally I really hope she doesn't either because if she does who knows who Monica might end up with instead. It could end up like Paris where Lisicki pulled out and we got stuck with Monica having to play Kerber instead.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #1388
country flag Curcubeu

I only hope it's not windy!
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #1389
country flag Curcubeu

Monica is surprisingly playing on CC instead of the higher ranked Pavlyuchenkova for example. It really seems to be as if organizers appreciate Monica's unusual game as well!

Streams should be available!
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #1390
country flag Battiv

Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice

They aren't stupid
Battiv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #1391
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She won first set 61

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #1392
country flag Curcubeu

Monica Niculescu def. Elena Vesnina 6-1 6-0

The best I've seen from her, everything there, outstanding. Elena could do nothing.

Now take out Vera!
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #1393
Everybody's a star!!!

It was good, but Vesnina didn't really come to the party. Still, a player can only concern themselves with what goes on, on their side of the net and Monica didn't do a lot wrong. Definately a job well done.

Honestly, I'd still say Monica actually played even better in that loss to Kerber in Paris last week. But, whatever. Monica is obviously hitting a very nice level indeed and I am really looking forward to her match against Zvonareva. I think she has a very decent shot at winning.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #1394
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed great play from Monica but Vesnina was indeed really poor. Well done Moni

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #1395
country flag Curcubeu

By the way, whenever Monica won a match in 2012, she handed out a bagel or breadstick:

Hampton 7-6 6-1
Cornet 5-7 6-0 6-3
Parmentier 4-6 6-4 6-1
Gajdosova 6-1 4-6 6-4
Vesnina 6-1 6-0