The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 92 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #1366
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Just imagine Monica passing Gajdosova, Lisicki and Sharapova ) The dogs of hell will be unleashed on the TF. It will be the "end of the world" for many "haters".
This. (The very thought of this happening makes me with joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
The reactions after the Cornet match were enough...
Plus, I love how all the people say how shit she is and how untalented and the death of tennis and then 80% of the people on this board watched her playing Cornet

Another run from her would set GM on fire, considering that we are already having enough lurkers!
And this.

I just pray Monica is healthy because this really is a dream draw. Gajdosova couldn't be a better 1st round opponent if she was hand picked and Monica has a good record against both Lisicki and Safarova, and she has the game to leave both these girls bamboozled.

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #1367
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Monica

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #1368
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunate news.

Sabine Lisicki has pulled out of the Paris Open. Her place in the draw has been take by the new 9th seed Angelique Kerber. While I quite fancied Monica's chances against Lisicki in her current form, Kerber looks to be a much more dangerous match up for Monica. I've seen enough of Kerber against both Monica and Agnieszka Radwanska for it to be clear she is quite happy to get into the kind of cat and mouse exchanges that Monica enjoys. Definately Kerber would be one of those girls who I would think of as a bad match up for Monica.

Very much hoping now that Lucie Safarova can take care of this new 9th seed and we can have repeat of that classic match Monica and Lucie played last year at the US Open. With the same result of course.
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #1369
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

When I read unfortunate news, I first thought Monica withdrew...

Well, first of all she has to get past Jarmila who is in atrocious form, but you never know when those bashers start picking up their form again...

Winning one round at a Premier event would be already a good achievement nontheless, step by step!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1370
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Monica won her doubles match with Rosolska I like this team

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #1371
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Another new doubles partner!

She has already played with half of the WTA!
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #1372
Everybody's a star!!!

As expected Monica got past Gajdosova.

Now, however, comes the much tougher challenge of Angelique Kerber. If Monica can beat Kerber that would be an awesome win. My expectations for that match are low but I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #1373
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Tight match vs Jarka but pulled it out luckily
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #1374
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #1375
country flag Curcubeu

Yes, it was closer than expected, but knowing Jarka's mental stability Monica would have probably one 6-1 6-3 if she had taken one of those 3 consecutive BPs at the beginning of the second, but a win is a win and the Monica from the start of 2011 would have got broken at 5*-4 in the third set, no doubt about that!

Instead, Monica 2012 is hitting a subleme passing shot at 15-30 serving it out with 2 first serves!

No expectations against Kerber! Only to give her best!
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #1376
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Yes, it was closer than expected, but knowing Jarka's mental stability Monica would have probably one 6-1 6-3 if she had taken one of those 3 consecutive BPs at the beginning of the second, but a win is a win and the Monica from the start of 2011 would have got broken at 5*-4 in the third set, no doubt about that!

Instead, Monica 2012 is hitting a subleme passing shot at 15-30 serving it out with 2 first serves!

No expectations against Kerber! Only to give her best!
Agree with that. When comparing Monica now to say a couple of years ago her game hasn't changed all that much. I think all the skills and abilities she has now she had two years ago. The difference is in the head. She is now able to sustain her level of play throughout a match whereas a couple of years ago she could play excellent sets but not so often excellent matches. Simply she is now able to sustain her focus much much better than in the past. Seems like a little thing but it makes such a difference.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1377
country flag Curcubeu

Monica live on Eurosport tomorrow!
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #1378
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Monica vs. Kerber

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #1379
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

She lost in 3 sets

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1380
Everybody's a star!!!

Well, Monica lost the match, but she won the crowd over, and I think she even gained some fans in the forum. I think people are finally starting the see that Monica has something quite special. The view of almost everyone who saw that match was that it was highly entertainly and very well played by both girls.

Monica really played a super match and was playing fast court tennis all the way moving to the net at every opportunity. At times she played as well as I have ever seen her play. Even though Monica lost, a match like today's makes me so excited about what Monica can do over the course of the rest of the year.