The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 88 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM   #1306
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM   #1307
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

I love the first pic Gorgeous!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM   #1308
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

She has such a beautiful hair!
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM   #1309
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

^Yeah, like a fancy queen!

I love the photo together with Horia most!
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 08:44 AM   #1310
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Auckland, Main Draw:

(8)Monica Niculescu (ROU) v Q
Jie Zheng (CHN) v Ayumi Morita (JPN)
Lucie Hradecka (CZE) v Alberta Brianti (ITA)
Q v (2)Shuai Peng (CHN)

This is a great draw for her! I hope she can make use of it!
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 09:00 AM   #1311
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Moni

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 09:20 AM   #1312
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
WTA Auckland, Main Draw:

(8)Monica Niculescu (ROU) v Q
Jie Zheng (CHN) v Ayumi Morita (JPN)
Lucie Hradecka (CZE) v Alberta Brianti (ITA)
Q v (2)Shuai Peng (CHN)

This is a great draw for her! I hope she can make use of it!
Do you really want some TF posters to make hard attack?
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:42 AM   #1313
country flag Curcubeu

Auckland, R1: (8)Monica Niculescu def. (Q)Jamie Hampton 7-6(1) 6-1

Choked away a break lead twice in the first set, however her unorthodox game obviously got Hampton at the end of the first set, especially keeping in mind that this was their first encounter.

GOAT serving in the second only losing 6 points on her own serve with 80% of the points won on the first in there and more than 70% on the second in the overall match!

And Hampton really rushed to the qualification tournament before, so I'm excited to see how far she can go here!
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 01:05 AM   #1314
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good win!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM   #1315
country flag Curcubeu

She is playing CC tonight, but scheduled third match!

Hoping for my alarm clock!
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1316
country flag grs

Will Monica become a Golden Flower Killer?
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 04:20 PM   #1317
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Great win, very pleasing result. Zheng will be another tough match but there's no reason Monica can't come out on top again. Shame it doesn't look like the match will be streamed but even so I'm looking forward to seeing the scoreboard even. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Monica can do this year, I think it could be something quite memorable and quite possibly the best season by a Romanian female player since the days of Spirlea and Dragomir.
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1318
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She is blogging on the wta site for Auckland

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM   #1319
country flag Curcubeu

More proof that she became a relevant name on the tour!

Quote:
Monday, January 2, 2011

Hello everybody! It's a pleasure to talk to you all.

I arrived in Auckland on the 28th of December after a very long flight. I left my home in Bucharest on the 26th, right after Christmas. I spent Christmas with my family, which was nice. And now I'm looking forward to the new season!

So for New Year's I was actually here in Auckland, preparing for the tournament. It was raining here a lot the first few days so we practiced more indoors.

On Sunday I went to see a movie with my good friend Sorana (Cirstea!) We had a lot of fun. We saw Mission Impossible 4. It was exciting, there was a lot of action. I enjoyed it a lot. It's a good movie - you've got to see it!

Today looks to be a nice day, the first one without rain... I hope!!! In the morning I practiced a little bit with my doubles partner here, Alizé Cornet. It was quite windy but I enjoyed it after playing a lot indoors here.

Right now I'm just getting ready for our first round doubles match. I'll tell you about the match tomorrow, as well as my first impressions of the season.

If you have any questions for me, I'm here - please send them in!

See you soon!!

Moni
And Irina-Camelia watched 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' together with Simona...
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1320
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Tuesday, January 3, 2011

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was my first match of the year after two months of off-season. It was a nice feeling to compete again - I really enjoyed it. Alizé and I won our doubles match against an all-Romanian team in straight sets.

Afterwards I could hardly wait to play my singles match today!

I did a short warm-up this morning with my doubles partner, Alizé, then prepared for my first singles match on my own (that's when I actually started writing this blog!) Then it was time for my match... I played Jamie Hampton and was able to win, 76(1) 61. I think Jamie played good tennis today. I started a little bit slowly because I was adjusting to all the wind and outdoor conditions. She had already played three matches in qualies and was feeling the court very well. But after I took the first set I felt more confident and started to control my strokes and move better. I was in control all through the second set.

Tomorrow I have another match and can hardly wait for the new challenges!

I will talk to you soon - please keep the questions coming

Moni

What were you doing at midnight on New Year's Eve? Shelley
Unfortunately I spent midnight sleeping because I was quite tired from the time difference between Romania and here!

What are your goals for 2012? Jason, UK
The most important goal for me is to be healthy, then to improve my game and try to make better results than last year.

With you, Bartoli and Peng in the Top 30 and more in the Top 100, the two-handed style seems to be coming back - why do you think it's becoming popular again? Stephanie, France
I think this style is rising actually, not really coming back. I don't think there's a special reason to play like this, it's rather a matter of preference. I'm glad to see young players playing this style but you have to move very well on the court to be able to play like this. That's just my opinion!
an all Romanian team

I like the third question actually, and I have to agree. The double handed style was never completely away, but Peng, Bartoli and her did extremely well last season, however they are still an exception and that Monica is moving very well to sustain her unorthodox game is obvious!