The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 87 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #1291
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
Moni will take 2 weeks off (she will do absolutely nothing during this time ) and then will prepare for 2012. She will play 2 tournaments before AO - one in NZ, didn't specify the other one.

Talked about Azarenka - he's a fantastic player, very solid, but hopes to beat her soon. In her opinion she's the favourite to win in Istambul. She considers Serene to be the best in the world and would love to play against her (she played against her in doubles and loved it)

Nope. She only said that she gets along very well outside the court with all the other romanian players.
Thanks. Nice to know she gets along with all the other Romanians. It will be very interesting to see what Romania do in doubles for the Olympics. Hard to say which out of Sorana, Alex and Irina would be the best partner for Monica although I guess if Monica is playing the AO with Irina then maybe that will be the pair.

Oh, and Monica definately deserves that two weeks off. I hope she works hard after that on improving the serve though.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Oct 25th, 2011 at 12:28 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #1292
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Thanks. Nice to know she gets along with all the other Romanians. It will be very interesting to see what Romania do in doubles for the Olympics. Hard to say which out of Sorana, Alex and Irina would be the best partner for Monica although I guess if Monica is playing the AO with Irina then maybe that will be the pair.

Oh, and Monica definately deserves that two weeks off. I hope she works hard after that on improving the serve though.
Gutted I missed it...

Yeah, WTA reported she will play Auckland first next year, then she may even give a try to play Sydney with her new ranking!

I definately think that the double Monica/Irina is the best choice out of the possible Romanian constellations because they are complementing one another very well.

Monica with her unorthodox and tricky game, in contrast to Irina with her flawless, straight forward attitude. Plus Irina has always mentioned that she prefers playing with another Romanian, so she started the year on the ITF together with Elena Bogdan and at the US Open she played with Simona Halep.

Yeah, I also wish her great holidays and a hopefully flawless and succesful preperation for 2012!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #1293
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

The video to the show:

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...-video-8901141

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #1294
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Gutted I missed it...

Yeah, WTA reported she will play Auckland first next year, then she may even give a try to play Sydney with her new ranking!

I definately think that the double Monica/Irina is the best choice out of the possible Romanian constellations because they are complementing one another very well.

Monica with her unorthodox and tricky game, in contrast to Irina with her flawless, straight forward attitude. Plus Irina has always mentioned that she prefers playing with another Romanian, so she started the year on the ITF together with Elena Bogdan and at the US Open she played with Simona Halep.

Yeah, I also wish her great holidays and a hopefully flawless and succesful preperation for 2012!
It would be good if Romania could take 2 doubles pairs to the Olympics. Obviously featuring some combination of Monica, Irina, Alex and Sorana in two pairs. Nothing against Simona but she has yet to show any real aptitude for the game of doubles.
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #1295
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
It would be good if Romania could take 2 doubles pairs to the Olympics. Obviously featuring some combination of Monica, Irina, Alex and Sorana in two pairs. Nothing against Simona but she has yet to show any real aptitude for the game of doubles.
Simona and doubles doesn't match up well. She says singles is her priority, the rest has to wait!

OMG Sorana/Alex in doubles would make my day , but I can hardly imagine them playing together!

However, Monica also gave a big interview to prosport.ro and I'm trying to translate is as good as possible because google translate is crap!

Monica Niculescu is the kind of player ready to die for each ball on court, play until complte exhaustion, as happened in her last tournament in Luxembourg, where she stayed on the ground for over 14 hours and reached the final. In yesterday's visit of ProSport's editorial office I've met Monica outside the court. And after tens of minutes of discussion I have to conclud: She is a person with charisma, relaxed, voluble, delightful, as she is showing it at the most important stadiums in the world.

The tennis player told us that she used to play the "big scene". I said that in the future she could try a career in acting. Considering how tough she is on and off the court she would certainly succeed in this field. Learn some of Monica's secrets in the interview below.

How do you explain your fantastic progress over the past two months? You had an explosion ...
It is the result of years of work and preparation. I've also played well in the past year, several times I was about to win some important matches, I learned from the mistakes I made in those matches, I tried not to repeat them, I learned to handle the important moments in the match better.

What has changed in this period from what was until August?
Basically nothing has changed, I was always prepared the same, just that you need time to consolidate everything. I still have a lot to put up, I always try to improve, the only difference is that now I'm playing much more matches, which gives you confidence, but you get more tired.

Is Azarenka unbeatable? Romanian women appear to have a complex when facing her.
Azarenka is a very strong player. I do not think this is a complex, but she is simply a very difficult opponent, with an impressive power game. I was very tired in Luxembourg, and against Vika it's hard if you are not at 100%. I am convinced that at some point a Romanian will be able to win against her, to shatter the myth of that complex.

To be continued...
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #1296
country flag Curcubeu

The Match against Safarova at the US Open stays memorable

Throughout this period, which is the most memorable moment you will always think back to for the rest of your life?
Every moment is special in its way. There were many memorable moments, probably the match against Safarova at the U.S. Open, when I strained my abdominal muscle at the end of the first set and yet I continued that match with some terrible pain and I even won by an amazing score, 6-0 , 6-1. Remains the match against Na Li in Beijing, playing in front of over 20,000 spectators. When I entered the field and saw so many people cheering for their favorite player, I felt like entering a gladiator arena. What surprised me most was that all this uproar gave me strength, motivated me, I felt like a part of that movie, that I belong into the big arenas, with many viewers. I discovered that I like to play on big stages.

If in summer someone had told you that you will finish the year in the Top 30, what would you have said?
Someone had told me all the time these years that I will reach a certain place or a certain top, even higher than the one you have mentioned. I must say that behind all my achievements there is a man who manages the entire business, who is in charge of organizing all my preparations, namely Calin Ciorbagiu. Without his help I would have never been able to get there. I am a lucky person to have such a skilled man around me. What you see on TV, or during the match, is only the top of an iceberg, the rest is hidden under the water, which means a lot. There are people I'm working work with and who help me whenever I am at home, Dr. Stephen Irimia, physiotherapist Gelu Cosma, Marian Geba, Teo Earring. And last but not least my family who supported me from the beginning and always had confidence in me.

"I feel much stronger on the tennis court"

How do you feel being the best Romanian of the tennis world?
I am proud of this condition and I am satisfied at the ame time. It's a good feeling, I must admit, that gives you confidence, but it makes you feeling responsible.

After the results of the last two months, do you feel that something has changed in your life, in your career?
Basically, I don't feel that anything has changed in my life. I am the same person as before, however I feel stronger on the tennis court, more confident. I do not think people should change after certain results; it's important to stay grounded in life and it is important to manage to repeat these results and even surpass them.

Would you start playing tennis again after everything it brought to you?
Certainly, since tennis brought me so much satisfaction, I traveled around the world, I saw so many places. And the feeling you have when you play a match in front of thousands of people who applaud can't be compared with anything else.

To be continued
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #1297
country flag Curcubeu

Serena Williams, preferred opponent

What are your proposed goals for 2012?
Next year, the most important thing is to be healthier and people around me and God give me wisdom and the strength to prepare as much as now. I would like to qualify with the Romanian Fed Cup team for the World Group. I think we can form a formidable team with our girls, also I would like to represent Romania at the Olympics next year.

If you were Monica Niculescu's coach, what would you say? In regard of further improvement and keeping the section perfect?
I would say sometimes to be more aggressive and attack more shots at the net because she possesses a very good volley. I think she has a very good movement on the court and speed of response.

How would your life look like without tennis?
I could not imagine life without tennis, playing since I was 5 years old when I started with my sister, Gabriela. Since then my life revolves around tennis, you can rather say tennis is really my life. All I do is related to tennis. But if, hypothetically, my parents and me would not have gone to court, I think I would have liked to do acting, movies always fascinated me, so I watch a lot of movies. Maybe someday I'll even try me out in this area.

With whom do you want to play a tennis match in showbiz?
With Russell Crowe or Hugh Grant.

Your favorite opponent?
I would like to play a match against Serena Williams. I think she is the strongest players on the circuit. I once played against her and her sister, Venus, a doubles final and I'd like a match-up in singles.

What surprised you most lately?
Most surprised me that many of the things that my coach, Calin Ciorbagiu, had predicted for me came true.

I hope to stay on top for the second time next year in front and at the end. Azarenka is a formidable player. It was 5-1 and was arguing with the referee in Luxembourg. She has a style to finish you. I was all around the world, except Japan. Not much time to visit a lot there. During tours, the hotels are super.
Monica Niculescu, 29th WTA

Monica has a great speed. I think she is even the fastest player in the world concerning her nimblicity.
Calin Ciorbagiu, coach of Monica Niculescu

Apart from that, Monica is probably the richest female athlete in Romania with more than 1,5 Mio. $., 600.000 $ this year alone!
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #1298
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Monica gets an Hon Men on the G&R Watch for reaching the final of Lux.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 07:01 AM   #1299
country flag nutu

nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice

Nice interview, Curcubeu. Thanks
nutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 11:46 AM   #1300
country flag Curcubeu

Winning Percentage

minimum 20 matches

S Williams – 88% (22/3)
Kvitova – 81.7% (58/13)
Wozniacki - 78.8% (63/17)
Clijsters – 76.7% (23/7)
Petkovic – 76.1% (54/17)
Sharapova – 75.4% (43/14)
Azarenka – 75.0% (54/18)
Lisicki – 73.4% (47/17)
Peng – 72.6% (53/20)
Radwanska – 71.9% (46/18)
Zvonareva – 71.8% (56/22)
Bartoli – 70.7% (58/24)
Li Na – 67.3% (33/16)
Cibulkova 66.7% (42/21)
Stosur – 66.2% (45/23)
Pavlyuchenkova – 65.6% (40/21)
Jankovic 63.3% (38/22)
Medina Garrigues 63.3% (38/22)
Niculescu – 62.5% (35/21)
Kuznetsova – 62.3% (33/20)

Old Nov 19th, 2011, 07:29 AM   #1301
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

Moni teamed up with Hanescu to promote tennis in schools

thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #1302
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

2 videos of Monica

http://www.sport.ro/tenis/a-castigat...auna-cand.html

http://www.sport.ro/tenis/cea-mai-bu...upervideo.html
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #1303
country flag Curcubeu

Her hair style in that first video is stunningly beautiful!
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #1304
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Her hair style in that first video is stunningly beautiful!
Yep. And she looks much prettier than in tennis suit.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #1305
country flag Curcubeu

Yeah, but I'm so happy she dropped that crappy Fila outfit...

Nothing against Fila, but their WTA outfits are just horrible...