The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #1261
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

I only remember Prague 2010 where Lucie smashed Monica badly, but the Monica from today can't be compared to the one from today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #1262
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that match too and I thought Hradecka played out of her skin and she really seemed to anticipate Monica well. I didn't think Monica played that badly actually. I will be honest. Tomorrow's match scares me. I'm not at all confident of this one. Hradecka is good indoors also and a very talented player. A real underachiever. We shouldn't take her lightly. If Monica can pull off another win here I will be delighted. And yes, if Monica can get through Hradecka the path to the final looks very very inviting.
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM   #1263
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Monica won 6-4; 6-4 in "only" 1h 40 m. Pity that I didn't see the match.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 01:10 PM   #1264
country flag Six Feet Under
Cake 4eva

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

At least Moni won today

Hey, guess what.
Welcome to the TOP 30!
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM   #1265
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
Hey, guess what.
Welcome to the TOP 30!
REALLY??

And what amazes me most is the fact that the only noticable points she has to defend until next year's USO are the R3 of AO and the semis of Estoril!
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 01:32 PM   #1266
country flag Six Feet Under
Cake 4eva

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

I know right

She can still qualify for bali if she wins 2 more matches
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM   #1267
country flag Curcubeu

Please, just for the drama in GM!
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM   #1268
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
I know right

She can still qualify for bali if she wins 2 more matches
That would be amazing. But she will probably have to face Azarenka in the final and Azarenka's reputation as the Romanian Killer is very deserved so while Monica winning this tournament and getting into Bali would be an incredible dream right now I will just be happy if she can get past Keothavong. I don't expect that to be an easy match but with how well Monica is playing right now one has to be quite optimistic.
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM   #1269
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Monica Niculescu (WTA 34th) ending the best season of her career with a stroke

In the last competition before the WTA Tour champions, the 24 year old athlete qualified for the semifinals yesterday in Luxembourg, after defeating Lucie Hradecka (Czech Republic) by 6-4 6-4.

The player's career took a new turn since the U.S. Open. She obtained some important victories at Flushing Meadows and offered Monica Niculescu the possibility it needed to break a new wall in the WTA ranking, to the most promising players.
From the U.S., the Romanian started in the next tournament in Asia, in Beijing, where she obtained the best result of her career, a semifinal with the biggest prize money at one go, approximately 170,000 dollars. Nobody has been surprised with the performance Monica has showed again, this time in Europe. Another semi-final this week in Luxembourg, although now it is a smaller tournament in terms of money and ranking points.

On the brink of breaking into top 30
Niculescu spent over eight hours on court in three matches in Luxembourg, in which she proved to have nerves strong, a quality indispensable to progress in WTA. She qualified for the semifinals yesterday against Hradecka, after a game that was affected by many intricate situations. For this performance, Monica Niculescu will receive 130 points on Monday and will climb at least 32 WTA ranks. A possible final after a win in today's match against the British Keothavong, would make her crossing the border of WTA Top 30, reached only by Sorana Cirstea and Alexandra Dulgheru during the last three years.
As a result, in only three tournaments played in the last two months, Niculescu Monica won nearly $ 300,000 on prize money, and 890 points, more than all the points she earned until 21st August of this year.

GOAT
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 03:33 PM   #1270
country flag Curcubeu

Monica Niculescu def. Anne Keothavong 7-5 4-6 6-3

Epic, thrilling and very intense match!

But once again, Monica was the one who is winning the long match in contrast to the past! And that after 12 hours of play this week!

No big expectations for the final because she is completely exhausted and her opponent will be much tougher!
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 06:39 PM   #1271
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
To all the haters

Indeed final from tomorrow will probably just nothing but whatever. She is in the final.

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 08:13 PM   #1272
Everybody's a star!!!

I must admit I'm nervous about tomorrow's match. Azarenka is really the last player one would have wanted Monica to be up against in her 1st final. I fear the result will be met with a huge celebration from those folks who do not seem to like her.

Oh well. They haven't had much too be happy about lately as Monica has been winning so much. So I guess they are due a day to gloat.

It would be nice if Monica can at least keep the match competitive. I'm crossing my fingers for that. And if Monica could somehow win......well that really would be the best victory imaginable and us small group of Monica Niculescu fans could celebrate like never before.
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 08:52 PM   #1273
country flag Curcubeu

Well, if a loss against a Top 5 player like Azarenka is their only reason to be happy again, I'll take it!

What amazes me most is the fact, that we have no single tendency of bandwaggoning in here!
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 09:28 PM   #1274
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Well, if a loss against a Top 5 player like Azarenka is their only reason to be happy again, I'll take it!

What amazes me most is the fact, that we have no single tendency of bandwaggoning in here!
I think Monica is picking up a few fans. Not a huge amount but I think I've counted at least 10 posters showing support for her over the last couple of tournaments that I don't think were always fans so she is winning a few people round. And next year, assuming she stays in the top 30 and even perhaps moves towards the top 20, I'm sure she will pick up a few more.
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 12:29 AM   #1275
country flag OoohBarracuda

OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all

I'm a new fan of hers I knew of her and had heard about her slice forehand and I got the chance to see some of her at the US Open this year and I was impressed. Got to see her play again in Beijing in her match against Petkovic and there were some moments of great tennis from her. Just a shame she couldn't keep it up but the scoreline wasn't reflective of the match I thought. I became a fan on that slice of hers alone, it's amazing!

I'm really happy for her getting to the final. I don't imagine her winning it but getting there is what matters and that should give her confidence for next year. Hope she can improve and hope to see her a lot more playing against the bigger players and having a better chance at winning
OoohBarracuda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote