The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread) - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #1246
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

WTA Luxembourg, Main Draw:

(8)Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Qualifier
Anastasiya Yakimova (BLR) v Qualifier
(wc)Anne Kremer (LUX) v Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
Monica Niculescu (ROU) v (3)Sabine Lisicki (GER)

Great first round match-up!

She can go far if she has conserved her self-confidence and level from Beijing!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #1247
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Cakewalk draw
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #1248
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Bombshell: Lisicki withdraws from Luxemboug, Monica will face another player in R1

EDIT: She plays (Q)Karin Knapp

Good luck!

Last edited by Curcubeu : Oct 17th, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #1249
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Luxembourg, R1:

Monica Niculescu def. (Q)Karin Knapp 6-7(2) 7-5 7-6(3) *dead*

It's becoming more and more obvious that Monica has learned to tough out close and long matches and there are a lot for her!

Saved 2 MPs and also broke at 5-6 in the third! Let's hope that the matches like the ones against Nara at FO 2010 are now past!

Next up is AMG who ironically beat Kremer with a double bagel...
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #1250
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Knapp is a good player. She did just beat Daniilidou in qualifying too and like Monica, Eleni does slice a lot. So I'm pretty happy Monica just got through this match even if it was a struggle. After her success in her last two very big tournaments in a match like this she could very well have taken the attitude that it wasn't really an important match and why should she fight so hard to win when it was just a 1st match in a small tournament. Very admirable of her that she did not do that and fought to the end and best of all, won.

The H2H between Monica and AMG isn't a good one. AMG is the kind of player who can handle Monica's slices and is prepared to rally with her. Even though the indoor courts do favour Monica I don't expect this to be an easy one at all. And if Monica can get through AMG she will probably have Hradecka next. Plus Kerber is lurking in the bottom quarter. It seems this draw is just stacked with players who are pretty good against Monica.

Still, Monica is coming off a couple of amazing tournaments and she is full of confidence. If she loses here in the next round or two it won't be a disaster. Monica is still on the Poitiers 100k+ list for next week and she should do very well there, maybe even win it which would be a lovely way to finish a great year.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Oct 18th, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #1251
country flag Curcubeu

Oh yeah, I can recall the match vs. AMG in Estoril...

However, Anabel's win against Kremer isn't that self-evident because it's Kremer...

I hope she doesn't have to play tomorrow...
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #1252
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

What a match Both players had their ups and downs. Both players could win the match.
Just one thing to mention. That second serve from Monica

It was really an exciting match. Great to watch it
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #1253
country flag Curcubeu

Monica won more points on her 2nd than on her first serve!

^Linda tweeted that at one point Karin lost her shoe and Monica yelled to the umpire afterwards because of let?!
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #1254
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica has beaten AMG.

I got to say this was one win I wasn't expecting. To outlast AMG 6-1 in the 3rd after having played a 3 and a half hour match the day before is almost super human. Just a tremendous result.

Monica even served 4 aces.

Got to say the way Monica is going about her business right now is just thrilling. I simply can't wait to see what she will do next. Monica in 2012 is going to be something quite special I think.
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #1255
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Monica won more points on her 2nd than on her first serve!

^Linda tweeted that at one point Karin lost her shoe and Monica yelled to the umpire afterwards because of let?!
Yes indeed
I still don't understand why it wasn't let. You know her shoe was on the court and she was playing with just one shoe on her foot.

Great win from Monica
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #1256
country flag Curcubeu

^And AMG won her R1 by double bagel in under 1 hour and had a day off in between!

Monica should get that AO seeding and drive the haters completely crazy!

By the way, Pennetta and Kerber both out, so the draw has opened up nicely for another great run!
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #1257
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
^And AMG won her R1 by double bagel in under 1 hour and had a day off in between!

Monica should get that AO seeding and drive the haters completely crazy!

By the way, Pennetta and Kerber both out, so the draw has opened up nicely for another great run!
She was playing against a very very bad Kremer. That was really saying nothing
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #1258
country flag Curcubeu

Still, she was able to save some enrgy, Monica wasn't and toughed it out again!
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #1259
country flag Curcubeu

Of course the first match tomorrow, so I won't see it!

Monica has a huge chance to reach the final after Ivanovic also left the tournament! She better doesn't mess up now!
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #1260
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Hradeska is exactly the type of player that can be drove mad by Monica.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote