The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread) - Page 83 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #1231
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Emberrassing reactions in GM, but what did we expect!

People are against convention and tennis robots, but Niculescu who is the complete opposite is regarded like a pathetic mug who disgraces tennis!

STFU Haters!

Great week for Romanian tennis and the sport to bring some new wind up there! And finally I can watch her on TV!!
Great post!!!

Kirilenko fans have to be just about the worst sports of all the tennis fans in this forum. The reactions were as expected and actually rather funny in a sad pathetic sort of way. I guess thats what happens when a player is supported almost entirely based on how she looks. Funny thing is if Monica looked like Maria Kirilenko she would have the same fans Maria has now and right now they would be worshiping Monica as the greatest genius to ever play the game.

Ah...but thats the way it goes.

Wonderful result. Absolutely thrilled again. What was really nice about this one is how when Monica was leading 5-3 in the third one expected her to win the match by breaking serve but she didn't and then it came down to her having to hold serve. And she did it brilliantly. Winning a tight match like that by holding serve should be a great confidence boost for her.

Well....us Niculescu fans, and there might not be as many of us as there are Kirilenko fans, are already over the moon with Monica's performance this week and obviously whatever happens now this has been one kick ass week.......

.....but I can't resist mentioning....Monica Niculescu leads the h2h against Andrea Petkovic 2-0.

Old Oct 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #1232
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

So much life reading through the result thread!

"A travesty of variety tennis" coming from a Radwanska fan

And at she will fall out of Top 100 soon enough when she is cold again

Yeah, because she has whored so many MMs to come into Top 40 this year like Yakimova...
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #1233
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, because she has whored so many MMs to come into Top 40 this year like Yakimova...
These folks are going to be very disappointed. Because I think the fact that this result has come hot on the heals of the US Open 4th round shows that it really is about Monica's game coming together. I'm sure she will continue to have ups and downs like every other player and not all weeks are going to be as memorable as this one. But I'm also confident Monica isn't going to go away and there are a lot more great results to come in the future. Monica's tennis career is really just beginning.
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #1234
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you are right and there is no sense in arguing with them, anyway...

Haters gonna hate!
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #1235
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she versus pavlyuchenkova next round (mainly so petkovic doesnt catch up on marion, like aga is )
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #1236
country flag Curcubeu

Both players exactly suit her preferences, so I'm ok with both players to win!
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #1237
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:

Many of those posters are such a "pathetic excuse" for a tennis fan

Monica, keep going girl
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #1238
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Monica
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #1239
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
"I'm so happy I can't find the words to describe my feelings now," Niculescu beamed. "Today's match was so tough, I really had to focus on every point. In the end it was like a dream come true. It's just unbelievable for me to be in the semifinals after coming through the qualifying - it's my best result and I believe it's good for me for next year because I'll be stronger and more confident."
Keep going for the database error, girl!
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #1240
Everybody's a star!!!

Love it!!!! I'm so happy for her. I'm really glad she is excited too and appreciates what she has achieved. She deserves to be very proud of herself. As Monica acknowledges, above all it is a testament to how good at focusing and fighting for every point she has become. Monica has always had the talent, I knew that when I first saw her play when she was ranked outside the top 200, but now she has become a great match player too. To win in today's game it's not enough to play good for 20 minutes or so, you have to go out there capable of playing great tennis with no let up for three plus hours if necessary. When Monica first broke into the top 50 at the end of 2008 she wasn't able to do that. It has taken her some time. But today Monica Niculescu is not only a great talent, she is a great match player and she has become one very mentally tough and focused competitor.

Monica has come such a long way and she deserves huge congratulations.

Now....beat Petkovic.
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #1241
country flag Curcubeu

Do other people here also receive some random reps from pressed fans...

Anyway, Monica!

Romania is supporting you tomorrow!
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #1242
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

she almost hit a 1 handed FH topspin winner
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #1243
country flag Curcubeu

Petkovic def. Monica 6-2 6-0

Andrea played clever and Monica had nothing to add and she couldn't keep up her level from previous matches...

Still a great tournament and I'm happy for her to get the #1 national spot and hopefully make some noise in 2012!
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #1244
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Petkovic def. Monica 6-2 6-0

Andrea played clever and Monica had nothing to add and she couldn't keep up her level from previous matches...

Still a great tournament and I'm happy for her to get the #1 national spot and hopefully make some noise in 2012!
Very very well said. Not much to add.

Andrea really did impress me how well she coped with Monica's game and Monica did make a few more errors than usual. It wasn't her best performance. But nevermind. It was still an amazing tournament and today's match hopefully will serve as a wake up call that Monica really does need to work on improving that serve a bit during the off season.
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #1245
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Monica gets an Hon. Men. on the G&R Watch for her run to the semis of Beijing. She is also now the new Romanian Watch Queen
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote