The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 82 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #1216
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Of course it's not streamed, second on Moon Court again...

Please win it Monica! I want to see you again, but then on ES please!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #1217
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing tournament Plz beat Virginie!!!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #1218
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

"Before when I was mixing it up it was a weapon, but players started to know what to expect. Now I'm playing smarter - two hands, one hand, slice, drop shot... I've also been keeping my errors down. I hope to keep improving." - Monica on WTA site.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #1219
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

And she said even more:

Quote:
"Beating Li Na was my best result ever. My confidence is really high right now," Niculescu said. "To play that well on the center court in front of so many fans was unbelievable. I had played against top players before, like Schiavone, but I never won - so to beat a Grand Slam champion was a dream come true.

"Winning 62 61 against Scheepers, who beat me the last time we played, shows how much confidence I have right now. I'm very happy about it."
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #1220
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. These are wonderful quotes. I have always believed Monica had a very special talent and it was just a matter of her putting it together in the right way and it is so exciting to see that now seems to be the time that she is beginning to do that. The next few years are going to be a lot of fun.
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #1221
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica beat Virginie 4-6 6-1 6-2.

Tough 1st but after losing it once again Monica really turned it on. By the 3rd set she was a lot more aggressive too. Very impressive how mentally strong Monica is these days, that is a huge development for her and it is one of the main reasons she is winning matches now that she used to lose.

Anyway, the nice stuff is this win means Monica will almost certainly be in the top 40 next week for the first time ever and also for the 1st time ever next week Monica Niculescu will be the number one Romanian.
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #1222
country flag Curcubeu

Who would have thought of Monica becoming the new national #1 and a Top 40 player after her slight injury problems during the US Open Series?

But she hit absolutely peak form: 4th round US Open and quarterfinal Beijing. Of course there are haters or other people talkinging about cakewalk draws, but even there one should consider that she not only beat her opponent, she completely trashed them most of the time, even today after a not so good first set!

Kirilenko will be tough, but I'm just happy to see her playing again!
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #1223
Everybody's a star!!!

Yeah, this tournament is now already another brilliant success for Monica whatever happens in the next round. Kirilenko is playing very well and this probably will be a tough match. But Monica did beat Masha the last time she played her so while I'm not expecting a win, I'm not without hope either. Monica has a decent shot at winning this match.

And if Monica were to beat Kirilenko tomorrow the rewards would be huge. Firstly it would take her inside the top 35 and I think it would make it likely that Monica would be seeded at all four Grand Slams next year. And the other result is that it would cause absolute shock and horror to this here Kirilenko-loving forum. I have to say that would be quite hilarious. Certainly I think it would mean finally the posters of this forum would start to sit up and take notice that this girl with the strange forehand is actually a very dangerous and effective player.
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #1224
country flag Curcubeu

Please Monica, for the lulz!

First match on Lotus Court tomorrow, streams should be available!

Well:
Scheepers defeated Maria in Guangzhou and she got easily trashed by Monica here, so

Niculescu > Scheepers > Kirilenko

Of course that doesn't make any sense with Monica's game where match ups are more decisive than elsewhere, but it still gives me hopes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Certainly I think it would mean finally the posters of this forum would start to sit up and take notice that this girl with the strange forehand is actually a very dangerous and effective player.
I guess we both know GM that well to say that this is never going to happen, anyway.

First of all people would find excuses like everytime, and as soon as Monica loses some matches again many haters will come out of their hide-out to bash her...

The only fact which is hilarious in my honest opinion, is that other players with rather unorthodox gameplan like Radwanska or Dolgopolov on the ATP side have plenty of fans while Monica is becoming the most hated player outside Top 30!

*She became relevant*

Last edited by Curcubeu : Oct 6th, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #1225
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Monica
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #1226
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

ALLEZ!

Haters
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #1227
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Next one, please!
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #1228
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

if she wins her next match, up to 27
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #1229
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't even seen her play this tournament yet! So annoying.

Such an awesome week for her though Can't believe she is in the semifinals of a premier mandatory and the top 30. Who would have thought considering how she started the year.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #1230
country flag Curcubeu

Emberrassing reactions in GM, but what did we expect!

People are against convention and tennis robots, but Niculescu who is the complete opposite is regarded like a pathetic mug who disgraces tennis!

STFU Haters!

Great week for Romanian tennis and the sport to bring some new wind up there! And finally I can watch her on TV!!