The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #1171
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Well done Monica!

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #1172
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien. View Post
It's really Marosi for sure not Monica
Well then, on the USO-website. Will you notice them plz?
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #1173
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Dorien is absolutely right 100% Morosi not Monica.

Anyway good result today. Monica broke serve on 8 out of 9 of Mayr's service games. The match against Alex is going to be a lot of fun (hope it is on a televised court), but I think Monica is probably the favourite to win to be honest.
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #1174
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

This is so not going to be on a televised court
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 05:19 AM   #1175
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Yep Dorien is absolutely right 100% Morosi not Monica.

Anyway good result today. Monica broke serve on 8 out of 9 of Mayr's service games. The match against Alex is going to be a lot of fun (hope it is on a televised court), but I think Monica is probably the favourite to win to be honest.
I agree, I just can't see Alexandra defeating Monica but then again, I didn't see Alexandra beating Kvitova either. It's just hard to believe that Monica is not going to hold her serve as much as those two did today.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #1176
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I agree, I just can't see Alexandra defeating Monica but then again, I didn't see Alexandra beating Kvitova either. It's just hard to believe that Monica is not going to hold her serve as much as those two did today.
Really? Monica was broken 5 times by Patricia, Alexandra only 4 times by Petra.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #1177
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

The results at US Open are so random today that I don't want to say anything!

It will be a long and ugly match with many breaks, but I hope the better player will prevail!
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 05:40 PM   #1178
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She won 63 60 Well done Moni

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 05:55 PM   #1179
country flag Curcubeu

Amazed for Monica and real chances to reach 4th round against a not in form Safarova!
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 09:16 AM   #1180
country flag Curcubeu

Please, reach Quarterfinals, here!

For all your haters! That's an occassion you will never get again!
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 12:45 PM   #1181
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Please, reach Quarterfinals, here!

For all your haters! That's an occassion you will never get again!
I'm hopeful Monica does make the quarterfinals here. I think she's got a really decent shot. But if she doesn't, or for that matter even if she does, I don't believe it will be her last opportunity. Monica continues to improve as a player and there is definately a tendency that players with unorthodox games take longer to reach their peaks than players with more conventional games. I've said this before and I will say it again. I believe Monica's best years are very much ahead of her. I expect Monica to be at her best in her late 20s. Monica will be 24 in a months time. She still has another eight or so years of very good singles tennis left in her. In that time I expect her to have several more decent runs in Grand Slams.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 11:12 PM   #1182
country flag Curcubeu

First match on Louis Armstrong!

It's your time Monica to make some noise among the tennis fans!

Her quirky game may lead Lucie into self-distruction. She didn't seem to be at her usual level so far in this tournament...
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM   #1183
Everybody's a star!!!

I am crossing my fingers tightly for this one. I think Monica has a great shot here but she is going to have to be focused from beginning to end and not let anything distract her. But I have no doubt Monica has the game to beat Lucie.
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM   #1184
country flag Curcubeu

She won 6-0 6-1

She completely got into Lucie's had who didn't seem to have any plan B out there! Only 5 unforced errors compared to 39 by Lucie!

And now against Kerber! Hard to say who will win this because I don't know how well Angelique is going to deal with Moni's junk. She did well against Radwanska though!

I hope Monica is well prepared and aware of the fact that she has already done great and is going to fight for a spot in the quarterfinals! At least I hope she found some new fans!

The range of comments goes from "bitch", "scrub" and "obnoxious pusher" to "genius" and "female Santoro"!

Romania loves her, though!
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM   #1185
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

All the reactions of the win are really stupid
This match was a shame for Lucie and not for Monica. The way Lucie was hitting every ball into the net or out was a shame. You would except that a Top 30 player can handle the game of Monica.
I'm proud Monica is in the fourth round. A lot of people are saying she doesn't deserve that. But that's bull shit. It's to the other players to win and to get used to her game.

For the match against Kerber. It all depends on how Kerber will handle the game of Monica. If Kerber can play fast, agressive and hit the ball in the courts it will be very tough for Monica. But if she will react like Safarova. She can win.

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote