The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 68 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #1006
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

They won first round in doubles too
Very good result a solid team

Good luck against Venus

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #1007
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleased about the doubles result. Jans/Rosolska are a fine team which they proved as their recent wins over Dulko/Pennetta and Monica and Yan as well show. With the loss to the Poles still fresh in my mind I was nervous about this one. To great revenge with an empatic 6-2 6-2 is great. I think Zi Yan is quite possibly the best regular partner Monica has ever had and this team could really to something very special. I am looking forward to seeing how things continue from here.

As for tomorrow's match against Francesca Schiavone I share Andiyan's cautious optimism. Schiavone did not do well in her 1st round doubles match yesterday and I rather think she seems pretty spent. Under such circumstances Monica will be far from the ideal opponent for her. This is a real big opportunity and I have to admit I am quite nervous but very excited about this upcoming match. A win against Franny would be huge.
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 12:53 AM   #1008
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmz.. lost 0-6 6-7(2). Exactly what I was afraid of came true. Schiavone just knew how to handle it all..
I'm not sure what happened in that second set, Monica led *5-2 and had 2 SPs at 40-15, but she never really deserved that set.

But an R3 is great. Really. We should be glad. And there's of course doubles left, she might even win the title there.
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 01:07 AM   #1009
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

She even had 3 set points...

Well, in the second set she took 3 out of 3 break chances, but wasted all her 3 set points.

She served 3 times for the match, but in this decisive moments her serve broke down at all. No need to be too sad. She reached round three and established among the Top 100, that's most important!
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 01:16 AM   #1010
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

She's not going to defeat any major player with those lame 110 km/h serves and that awkward style of her's. The only reason she had 5-2 in the second set is because Schiavone started chucking UE's all over the place. How about some winners next time!
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 01:29 AM   #1011
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Her serve is mediocre indeed and she totally lacks power...

Her aim should be to stay among the Top 100 having some solid runs at smaller tournaments like Tashkent and that's fine for her. I don't think that she will change her game that much...
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM   #1012
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

AO.2011.WS.R3.Niculescu.vs.Schiavone.RUS.XviD
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 09:25 AM   #1013
country flag Curcubeu

Thank you!
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM   #1014
country flag AnDrEi.b

AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold

Thanks !

Dulgheru - Pennetta - Lisicki - Groth - Goerges - Niculescu - Rus - Mirza - Halep

Olaru - Larsson - Cadanțu - Domachowska - Begu - Li - Platon
AnDrEi.b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 09:13 PM   #1015
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Her serve is mediocre indeed and she totally lacks power...

Her aim should be to stay among the Top 100 having some solid runs at smaller tournaments like Tashkent and that's fine for her. I don't think that she will change her game that much...
I disagree. I see loads of room for improvement in Monica's game and believe strongly that in the years to come Monica will develop into being a substantially better player than she is now. Monica will never have the most powerful groundstrokes but she will continue to develop those she does have to make them more consistent, accurate and awkward for her opponents. Her mental strength has improved noticably in the last couple of years. It still has a long way to go but I believe Monica will get stronger mentally as she matures and further develops confidence in her game. The serve will improve too. I don't know when or by how much but I am sure it will get better. And the volleying which is already a strength will also get better. As Monica gets older I believe we will see her become better and better at covering the net and we will see her developing into being a player who attacks the net with great frequency.

In short I see no reason why Monica can not develop into becoming a top 30 singles player and a top 10 doubles player. I don't expect any of this to happen overnight. I am not saying Monica is likely to be top 30 this year. But do see Monica having her best years on the tour in singles between the ages of 26 and 31 and during that period I think it is very likely at some point we will see Monica in the top 30. She has a lot of time on her side and history tells us players with unorthodox games often have quite extended long careers. I think Monica is going to be around a long time.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jan 21st, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 10:40 PM   #1016
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

I hope you are right, we'll have to wait and see
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 10:49 PM   #1017
country flag Curcubeu

Well, her serve must improve in future because it could not become worse...
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 07:21 AM   #1018
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She can be happy with her single tournament. A third round in a gs is really great
Sadly they lost their second round in doubles

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM   #1019
Everybody's a star!!!

Very disappointing doubles result. I wasn't expecting that at all. On the surface Monica and Yan look a great team to me but the results down under have definately been something of a disappointment and it would be fair to say that thus far they have not jelled. I still like Yan Zi and I hope they will continue as a team a little bit longer to see if they can click. But the results need to be better than this.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #1020
country flag Curcubeu

A nice interview with Moni! I hope my translator makes it comprehensive for others

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...ulescu-7925362

Good luck for the Fed Cup!