The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM   #931
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Seems to be a tough one, but at least a win

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM   #932
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

(5) Monica Niculescu def. Ekaterina Ivanova 0:6 6:0 6:1 in less than a hour

Next round against the winner of Dulgheru vs. Bychkova. The Russian won the first set, but Alex leads in the second with 4:1.
At the moment the match is delayed because of bad weather conditions.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 02:36 PM   #933
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
(5) Monica Niculescu def. Ekaterina Ivanova 0:6 6:0 6:1 in less than a hour

Next round against the winner of Dulgheru vs. Bychkova. The Russian won the first set, but Alex leads in the second with 4:1.
At the moment the match is delayed because of bad weather conditions.
Actually the match time for Monica's match was 1 hour 20 minutes. Still quite quick. Monica also won her doubles match with Jill Craybas 6-4 6-1 also pretty quickly in 58 minutes. Even so, with her singles match being the 1st match on and her doubles match being the last on it was a long day, but at least it shouldn't have been too tiring.

Also Alex's match wasn't delayed due to weather conditions, the scoreboard simply broke down again. Alex won 4-6 6-1 7-5 against Katya. Clearly a pretty tough and hard fought match where Alex's mental toughness obviously helped a lot.

So tomorrow will be a battle between, arguably, the two best Romanian players currently. I would certainly say so and next monday's rankings would support that, although this weeks rankings have Edina one place above Monica. Anyway, given the form both girls have shown this week I'd expect it to be a pretty close affair and it could be quite a long match. I think Monica has a pretty good shot actually.
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 03:00 PM   #934
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are right. I inverted this match with the one of Sori against Lucic, which had the same result, but took less time.

Concerning Alex's match, I only received the answer that the match would had been interrupted. After looking at the livescores, where Moni just played doubles, it became clear that something with the scoreboard went wrong.

However, next round against Niculescu will be a tough one. All depends on the serve stats of Alex, where she had big problems with in the first and second round. It's a shame, that one of them will be eliminated.
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 03:19 PM   #935
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Yes you are right. I inverted this match with the one of Sori against Lucic, which had the same result, but took less time.

Concerning Alex's match, I only received the answer that the match would had been interrupted. After looking at the livescores, where Moni just played doubles, it became clear that something with the scoreboard went wrong.

However, next round against Niculescu will be a tough one. All depends on the serve stats of Alex, where she had big problems with in the first and second round. It's a shame, that one of them will be eliminated.
Definately. I would have loved for this to be the final.
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 05:09 PM   #936
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Woow strange scoreline
But it's a win

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 10:52 AM   #937
Everybody's a star!!!

How about that then?

Monica d Alex 7-6(5) 2-6 6-3.

Very very impressive result which totally backs up and confirms the great improvements Monica has made in her mental strength in the last few months. This is her 1st semi final at WTA level ever but I'm quite there will be more. And I really really hope now that she can keep keep it going and take her 1st WTA title. That would just be so brilliant.

Still 2 very tough matches to go. Vesnina, Monica's next opponent is obviously playing well and Monica will have to play her best tennis tomorrow to be in with a chance. Can she do it? I think she is in with a decent shot.

Go!!! Monica!!!!!
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:37 PM   #938
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I guess Monica could read Alex's game well. Very good result this week for her, and very much needed, too!

She can be proud of herself already and absolutely nothing to lose against Ves.
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 05:46 PM   #939
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Yesss Monica, i'm so happy for her

Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 06:12 PM   #940
country flag Curcubeu

Luck was on her side, but nevertheless a good win and her first semifinale at a WTA tournament.
Dulgheru even achieved one point more than Moni in the absolute scoreline.

To be honest, I don't exspect that she will win against a Vesina in her currently form, but who knows?
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #941
country flag Curcubeu

(4) Elena Vesnina def. Monica Niculescu (5) 6:3 3:6 6:4

Incredible that only one break made the difference, considering that Moni had much longer matches on the court before than her opponent. It was also a very close match, but unfortunately this time, with the better end for Niculescus adversary.

But nevertheless a great tournament, where she once again showed that she is now at her best play and overcame the crisis she had at the beginning of this season.
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #942
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

I agree. Sad she had to lose this close match. But she can really be proud about her week

Old Sep 24th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #943
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

She lead 4-1 in the third Very close match, better than I expected honestly so a great week!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #944
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of Anya07 has much to be proud of

Vesnina-Nikulescu.Tashkent.2010.semifinal (10 parts)

was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #945
country flag Curcubeu

#76 Moni!