The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #901
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

She lost in 3 sets: 67 64 26 but it was the 4th match in a row... so she can be happy with it and was maybe tired...

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #902
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Niculescu/Peer (ROU/ISR) d. Chuang/Govortsova (TPE/BLR) 61 64

Nice win in the first round

Old Aug 21st, 2010, 06:06 PM   #903
country flag stefan28

stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all

16 August 2010 Montreal International 2.000.000$
Partner: PEER Shahar (ISR)
R16 W 0-6 7-5 10-7 SHVEDOVA (RUS) / KING (USA)
QF W 4-6 6-4 11-9 CHAN (TPE) / ZHENG (CHN)
SF - DULKO (ARG) / PENNETTA (ITA)

she plays well in doubles with a good partner.
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #904
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

^ nice pics thanks
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #905
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica beat Nikola Hofmanova yesterday to start her US Open campaign 6-4 6-0 with a nice convincing win. Routine as expected.

Next up will be Vitalia Diatchenko who should be a tougher nut to crack but Monica showed she can beat Vita at the Wimbledon qualifying and hopefully we should see a similar result here. Looking ahead, I can't see any of Monica's four potential opponents in her third match giving her any trouble at all so really this match against Vita should determined whether Monica gets into the main draw or not.

I think this US Open has the makings of being another great tournament for Monica.
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #906
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Monica Solid start!

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #907
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Great win against Vitalia Diatchenko 6-3 6-1. Vita had been playing pretty well and I was expecting this to definately be tougher. I think it shows Monica is playing even better than she was at Wimbledon, if so that's very positive.

Next round is an Argentian girl I know little about call Florencia Molinero. She won her match today pretty easily 6-3 6-0 so she must be playing well. That said it is a bad draw for a third round qualifying match and I'm pretty optimistic.

Plenty of good qualifying spots available in the main draw too. I am just praying Monica doesn't draw Zvonareva, Azarenka and especially whatever happens not Flavia Pennetta again. And Yaroslava Shvedova would be an awful draw for me personally as I hate to see my favs play each other in the 1st round. But all the other spots range from being moderately tough to reasonably desirable. So that's 12 fair to good spots available compared to 4 very unpleasant undesirable spots. Fingers crossed should Monica qualify, that she doesn't draw one of the four seeds.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Aug 27th, 2010 at 09:04 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #908
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Let's see her qualify first
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #909
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

One more to go girl! Let's do it!

Old Aug 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #910
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Solid so far.. Molinero should not be a problem either.
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #911
country flag stefan28

stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all

she's in the main draw
6-0; 6-4 with molinero. well done Moni. hope she will have an accesible opponent in 1st rnd
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #912
Everybody's a star!!!

To be honest, even before the qualifying draw was made I was always pretty sure Monica was going to make it to the main draw providing she didn't get anyone like Camerin in her section and it all worked out very well.

Zvonareva, Azarenka and especially Pennetta would all be very unfortunate draws. I would prefer we avoid Shvedova and Safarova as well. All the other spots are reasonable and some are quite desirable but we will just have to wait and cross our fingers for a few hours....
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #913
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with drawing an easy one!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 06:30 AM   #914
Everybody's a star!!!

Monica got Azarenka, the Romanian killer. Couldn't be worse. I am totally bummed. Absolutely rotten draw. I think all we can honestly hope for is that Monica fights for every point and hopefully wins a few games at least. I'm not even terribly confident of that though to be honest. I think Monica could have won against more than half of her possible opponents but against Azarenka well....just awful.
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #915
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Come on moni this is your time to shine