The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 13th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #886
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

but a good tournament for her

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #887
country flag stefan28

stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien. View Post
but a good tournament for her
yup. ur right. go Monica
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #888
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan28 View Post
Cincinnati International 2.000.000$
QF Azarenka & Kirilenko - Mirza & Niculescu 6-2 7-5
At least as a result of this loss, Monica still has a chance to qualify for the Canadian Open in Montreal. Having said that, she has a real tough draw. Tomorrow she will have to play Varvara Lepchenko and providing she wins that match she will then have to play number one qualifying seed, Barbora Strycova Zahlavova later in the day. And then providing Monica wins BOTH her matches on Tuesday, she will have to face off in a 3rd qualifying match against either Ana Ivanovic or Bojana Jovanovski. Not easy at all but nevertheless and good test for her.
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 06:52 AM   #889
country flag stefan28

stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
At least as a result of this loss, Monica still has a chance to qualify for the Canadian Open in Montreal. Having said that, she has a real tough draw. Tomorrow she will have to play Varvara Lepchenko and providing she wins that match she will then have to play number one qualifying seed, Barbora Strycova Zahlavova later in the day. And then providing Monica wins BOTH her matches on Tuesday, she will have to face off in a 3rd qualifying match against either Ana Ivanovic or Bojana Jovanovski. Not easy at all but nevertheless and good test for her.
its Bojana Jovanovski or Sorana Carstea if she reaches final round of qualifying, not Ana Ivanovic
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #890
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan28 View Post
its Bojana Jovanovski or Sorana Carstea if she reaches final round of qualifying, not Ana Ivanovic
I have no idea why I put Ana's name instead of Sori's except that it was late and I was very tired.

Sorry about that.
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #891
Everybody's a star!!!

Well absolutely amazing achievement by Monica today. To go from playing doubles in Cincinnati on Friday to travelling to Montreal and win 2 singles matches against players of the standard of Strycova and Lepchenko is just a fantastic effort by Monica.

To put Monica's success today into perspective, her doubles partner in Cincinnati, Sania Mirza, also had the same challenge of playing after travelling from Cincy and she faced an easier 1st round opponent than Monica, Arantxa Rus. Sania served for the match but got broken and was too tired to hold on, losing 3-6 7-6(5) 6-4. And Rus then was faced with the same challenge as Monica, in having to play two matches in one day. But unlike Monica, she couldn't even finish her 2nd match, retiring at 6-3 3-1.

Barbora Strycova is also ranked 41 meaning Monica has now beaten 3 top 50 players since Wimbledon, infact the only top 50 player to beat her in that time has been Flavia Pennetta who beat her twice. Since the start of Wimbledon Monica is now 16-6. I actually think she is now playing better than her breakthough year in 2008. If Monica keeps up this level I'm very confident now she will be back in the top 50 some time next spring.

But one thing saddens me. I do wish she had more support on this forum. I am the 1st person to write about her results today, several hours after her 2nd victory and her victory thread in general messages has received only three posts. After such a brilliant effort today, one would have hoped she get more posts in response.

I really hope now Monica is playing so much better she can start to build more of a fanbase here.
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #892
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

is she in MD?
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #893
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Most impressive by Monica today!!!
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 04:43 AM   #894
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKE-GOAT View Post
is she in MD?
Monica needs to win one more qualifying match today against her fellow Romanian Sorana Cirstea. I like Sorana too, but hopefully Monica can win. Honestly, I think Monica has a pretty good chance.
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #895
country flag stefan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Well absolutely amazing achievement by Monica today. To go from playing doubles in Cincinnati on Friday to travelling to Montreal and win 2 singles matches against players of the standard of Strycova and Lepchenko is just a fantastic effort by Monica.

To put Monica's success today into perspective, her doubles partner in Cincinnati, Sania Mirza, also had the same challenge of playing after travelling from Cincy and she faced an easier 1st round opponent than Monica, Arantxa Rus. Sania served for the match but got broken and was too tired to hold on, losing 3-6 7-6(5) 6-4. And Rus then was faced with the same challenge as Monica, in having to play two matches in one day. But unlike Monica, she couldn't even finish her 2nd match, retiring at 6-3 3-1.

Barbora Strycova is also ranked 41 meaning Monica has now beaten 3 top 50 players since Wimbledon, infact the only top 50 player to beat her in that time has been Flavia Pennetta who beat her twice. Since the start of Wimbledon Monica is now 16-6. I actually think she is now playing better than her breakthough year in 2008. If Monica keeps up this level I'm very confident now she will be back in the top 50 some time next spring.

But one thing saddens me. I do wish she had more support on this forum. I am the 1st person to write about her results today, several hours after her 2nd victory and her victory thread in general messages has received only three posts. After such a brilliant effort today, one would have hoped she get more posts in response.

I really hope now Monica is playing so much better she can start to build more of a fanbase here.
I'm glad u support Monica this Way, she is indeed a big talent, and now she is in a good form. i think she will reach the main draw and hopefully she will pass 1 or 2 rounds. good luck Monica
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #896
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Moni What a great day for her Hopefully she is recovered well to play a good match again today

Old Aug 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #897
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

And she won again 6-3 6-3 against Cirstea Great performance after her great week

Old Aug 15th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #898
Everybody's a star!!!

Another great performance.

This is now the third very big tournament in a row Monica has successfully qualified for, following Wimbledon and Cincinnati. Hopefully Monica will now go to win more in the main draw as she did in both Wimby and Cincy.

I am so pleased with how Monica is playing right now. I think she is playing as well as in 2008 but compared to 2008 Monica is now much stronger mentally and she is closing out matches in two sets regularly that she would have struggled to do earlier in her career. This is just looking so good.

Go Monica !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 10:59 AM   #899
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Monica Monica Monica
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #900
Everybody's a star!!!

Well, apparently Monica is going to face Kimiko-Date Krumm in the next round, not Nadia Petrova. I don't really know what to make of this. It should be a very very cool match for all those lucky enough to attend and it is just a shame that one of these two great players will end up losing the match.