The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2008, 09:58 AM   #61
country flag onis80

onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

After a very good first day in the Fed cup, it seems Monica has kept her good form. She took the first set off Ana Ivanovic, and even though she lost the second set, she leads in the third! Go Monica! Too bad the official web site does not give live scores, luckily some people watch it on TV and post the scores (on Ana's website! ).
onis80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2008, 10:57 AM   #62
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold

Ivanovic beat Niculescu 5-7 6-4 7-5 ...
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 11:41 AM   #63
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Well....it would have been brilliant if Monica was able to pull off the win but to come so close to beating the number 2 player in the world is still a heck of a good performance. Monica really showed today that she can compete with the best players in the world and I hope she can gain some confidence and pride from that performance. I really do have big hopes for this year for Monica. Top 50 looks very realistic to me.
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 05:52 PM   #64
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

What an effort Monica.

Really proud of you!
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM   #65
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing effort by Monica & Sorana
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 06:08 PM   #66
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

You really showed you deserve to be on the Romanian team, Monica. You played your heart out and showed what great player you are. Just keep it going. I want to see you win lots of matches this year.
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM   #67
country flag lucian_iasi

lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold lucian_iasi is a splendid one to behold

Monica beat Ima Bohush 6-3,6-0

very easy
lucian_iasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:25 PM   #68
Everybody's a star!!!

Well done Monica.

But something confuses me. Romania would have finished 2nd in their group behind Serbia and ahead of Poland. The winners of Group D played (and beat) Holland for the chance to get to the World Group II playoffs. But having finished 2nd in Group D why should Romania have to play Belarus now and what exactly were they playing for?
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 05:32 PM   #69
country flag teo_honey

teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
Well done Monica.

But something confuses me. Romania would have finished 2nd in their group behind Serbia and ahead of Poland. The winners of Group D played (and beat) Holland for the chance to get to the World Group II playoffs. But having finished 2nd in Group D why should Romania have to play Belarus now and what exactly were they playing for?
my questions exactly. does anyone know??

SORANA CIRSTEA
~Haide MONICA & Edina!~
teo_honey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #70
country flag onis80

onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light onis80 is a glorious beacon of light

The Romanian team played for being ranked 5th or 7th. Even though this does not have any importance for this year's Fed cup, it should reflect for the seedings in the future. But since nothing is clearly explained on the official web site, I have no idea how important this is. And anyway, they won, so they finished the tie in 5th place, together with Hungary. When the fedcup.com ranking page will be updated, we can see if anything changed (currently Romanian is ranked 42nd).
onis80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #71
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onis80 View Post
The Romanian team played for being ranked 5th or 7th. Even though this does not have any importance for this year's Fed cup, it should reflect for the seedings in the future. But since nothing is clearly explained on the official web site, I have no idea how important this is. And anyway, they won, so they finished the tie in 5th place, together with Hungary. When the fedcup.com ranking page will be updated, we can see if anything changed (currently Romanian is ranked 42nd).
Thanks so much for that information. I was really puzzled.

Actually seems like it worked out nicely playing that last tie anyway. Destroying Belarus would have been just the thing for the team to get over the disappointment about just missing out to Serbia. At least Monica and Sorana will have been able to leave Hungary with a good feeling thanks to this tie.

Next year Romania gets promoted for sure.
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 04:23 AM   #72
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute

She's off to Antwerp now. Good luck.

Also, she is right now scheduled to play at Bangalore and I'm going, so I will finally get to see her play.
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #73
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rated_next View Post
She's off to Antwerp now. Good luck.

Also, she is right now scheduled to play at Bangalore and I'm going, so I will finally get to see her play.
It is a good move that Monica is now starting to move on from the 25ks. I think she is ready for the WTA tour. It is definately an exciting period in her career just now. Hope she does well both in both places.

Regarding you going to Bangalore, what can I say? That is so cool.

I'm sure you will have a great time. The line up looks excellent with a lot of cool players listed. Check out Yaroslava Shvedova, the defending champion, while you are there also.
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #74
Everybody's a star!!!

Monica lost her 1st round qualifying match in Antwerp to Pironkova I'm afraid 6-4 6-1. Looking at the match stats all I can say is "ouch!". After playing so well and serving so well against Ivanovic in Fed Cup today's match looks like a bit of a disaster. Monica was broken 7 out of 8 times during the match and missed numerous game points throughout. Monica did break Pironkova 4 times as well but I suspect 7 dfs and no aces likely played a part in Pironkova getting broken a few times.

Clearly a bad match from Monica. On a positive note, these have been far and few inbetween over the last few months. Hopefully this was a one off and I would like to forget this happened ASAP. I'm sure Monica and everyone in her corner would feel likewise.
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #75
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

http://hi5.com/friend/64627151--monica--Profile-html

Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote