The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread) - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #721
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.J.CHANfan View Post
They'll start third on the same court. So it's probably gonna be like 3 or 4 in the morning of your time. I'll try to leave some match notes here.
Thanks. I love your comments.

I will be setting my alarm. It's a big match. Very pleased with how YJ and Monica fought so well against Makarova and Kudryavtseva to win 6-4 6-4. They started both sets slowly but really picked it up as the sets reached their conclusions winning the last 3 games of the 1st set and the last 5 of the 2nd.

Hopefully they the team can bring their best against Raymond and Stubbs. A semifinal looks very doable but it won't be easy that's for sure.

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #722
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win, hopefully they can play a great match now!
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #723
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against the seeded pair!! Shame mixed didn't really work out.
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 04:33 AM   #724
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't get on here, it said service error.

Who would have thought there would be a walkover before this match , so I just got to see this from the end of the first set (*4-5), where they were trying hard on the baseline, but Raymond/Stubbs just wouldn't make any mistake at net. When it went to 30 all, *5-6 Monica serving, their opponents went for YJ the next two shots, YJ netted the first volley, and the second was a beautiful DTL passing from Stubbs. Hence they lost the first set.

They started the second set pretty well still, breaking Stubbs with a few good returns and then hold. Yet again saw Raymond/Stubbs 'out-experienced' them in every aspect. They could have been a bit more competitive if they could make less errors though, partly it was also due to the wall Raymond/Stubbs built there. Both team saved BP to hold through *3-4, Monica set up a chance for GP when she found Raymond streched out and she hit to the other direction, shamefully it just didn't go over the net, and a DF handed a break to Raymond/Stubbs.

In the last game they were visibly upset as, looking like they were not there anymore, totally lost confidence and wouldn't make an effective shot from the baseline, which gave Raymond many easy putaways to close out the match.

Overall they tried, it could be a lot better while the former no.1s were too strong and experienced for them of today. 3R is an okay showing.

Yung-Jan Chan ∞ Simona Halep Caroline Wozniacki Su-Wei Hsieh
Jelena Jankovic Jie Zheng Tamarine Tanasugarn Alisa Kleybanova Nadia Petrova
RND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #725
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #726
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

(7)Monica Niculescu (ROU) v Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)

First round in Midland,
two of my faves against each other who really needs points
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #727
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Haide!!!
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #728
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

She lost in two sets
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #729
country flag Andiyan

Old Feb 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #730
country flag Steadyniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute Steadyniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Monica
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #731
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica is now in desparate need for a good week. With the points from Paris dropping off next week she will be ranked in the 120s. And then next week she has points from Dubai to defend while playing Memphis.

The problem is that somehow Monica is going to have to juggle playing qualifying events and ITFs to get her singles ranking back up inside the top 100 with big WTA events to maintain her top 30 doubles ranking. It won't be at all easy I'm afraid.

On top of all that, it is hard to guess at how fit Monica is at the moment given that she had to pull out of Fed Cup last week and her performance here does suggest she isn't in great shape.

I suppose the one positive is that after the Dubai points come off Monica won't have anymore pressure to defend too many more points for a while as she entered a big slump following Dubai last year.
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #732
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Hopefully everything will be going better soon...
Old Feb 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #733
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Maria Sharapova vs Shenay Perry
Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs Katie O'brien
Monica Niculescu vs Qualifier
Renata Voracova vs Elena Baltacha

Her part of the draw for Memphis. Good luck Monica!
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #734
Everybody's a star!!!

The qualifier will be Valerie Tetreault. Tetreault is a good rapidly improving young player. If Monica was playing her best tennis I'd still be reasonably optimistic of a win here but with Monica struggling at the moment I have to admit my expectations are very low.

If Monica can find a way just to win this one match however I would be absolutely thrilled. It wouldn't show she was totally out of her slump but it sure would be a positive sign.
Old Feb 15th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #735
Everybody's a star!!!

Well Monica lost to Tetreault 6-3 6-4. I can't say I didn't expect it but I can't say I'm not disappointed too. And least Monica put up a lot more resistence than that score suggests. She saved 18 out 24 bps. If Monica did anything like as well winning her service points when they weren't bps she might actually have won the match. But she didn't. Overall Monica won just 44% of her service points. So for service points that were bps she was winning 75% of the points and for service points that were not bps she was winning only 31% of the points. Clearly Monica needs to treat every service point as if it is a break point. Seriously the way virtually every game went into multiple dueces suggest that Monica is trying her best but clearly she just isn't playing well enough right now to get the job done. Very sad.