The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 271 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 12th, 2014, 07:46 AM   #4051
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Well they lost, quick 62 61 against a very good team tho...

Here's a report from the GM section of Moni's last match:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah Leon View Post
Diyas-Niculescu (from 3-2 to end)
Zarina’s coach had just talked to her when I got there and immediately she broke with the help of two fh errors from Niculescu which prompted her to change rackets. In case you don’t know which I’m sure you do, Niculescu slices every fh shot and believe me, that is not easy to deal with if your not prepared to play against it. Anyways, I was very impressed with Zarina. She’s aggressive but consistent and she waits for the right moment to pounce, but still dictates the rally. The rallies were longer than anything I saw yesterday but they were usually controlled by Zarina who often put relentless pressure on Niculescu who would eventually hit a bad slice, or bh out. Zarina isn’t really powerful but she places the ball well and uses variety. For example, there was a long rally where Zarina moon balled and that forced Niculescu to moon ball a shorter ball which Zarina smashed away. She also comes to the net more than the average player. Too many long rallies ended with Niculescu error’s and soon it was 6-2,3-0 and Niculescu was in tears. She started using her backhand more which she can really flatten out well, but it’s too inconsistent and it wasn’t enough to combat Zarina’s aggressive consistency. Zarina makes up for her lack of power with great tactics and precision but once she plays a hard-hitter with a big serve, she could be in trouble.
Plus, pics from doubles

Last edited by Not A Fan : Aug 13th, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #4052
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

CT Open qualifying Draw

(2)Ka.Pliskova v Niculescu
Beck v (wc)Cohen
Gibbs v Voegele
Doi v (12)Torro-Flor
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2014, 10:08 PM   #4053
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

This is actually a good draw, but of course, we're talking about Monica here, so anything can happen. Wishing for the best though
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #4054
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

CT Open Qualifying R1
Monica Niculescu (ROU)
d. (2) Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 61 61
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #4055
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Monica That scoreline
This is turning into suuuch a great day
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #4056
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica basically secured her spot in a Singles rubber against the Czech Republic in a possible next Fed Cup encounter.

You didn't see the match, but you still know it all.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #4057

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Bravo Moni
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 11:50 AM   #4058
country flag Not A Fan

I am reminded on virtually a daily basis of Monica's win over Beck last fall, as for some reason this is the page that my browser remembers first from TF So, let's go for the repeat

Also I see some people on this board very interested in "cold handshakes" recently. Well then... all hail the queen

Old Aug 16th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #4059
country flag Not A Fan

Lost to Beck this time... NID outcome when she had to serve to stay in the match.
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #4060
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Lost to Beck : 3-6 4-6 . BP conversion + BP saved .

Interesting Doubles draw :

(1)Black/Mirza v Pliskova/Pliskova
Garcia/Niculescu v Groenefeld/Koukalova
(3)Babos/Mladenovic v Peer/Piter
Muguruza/Suarez Navarro v Erakovic/Parra Santonja

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #4061

WTA New Haven (USA), Q-R24:

Annika Beck (GER) d. Monica Niculescu (ROU) 63 64
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #4062
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Among the youngsters Beck is one of those with a safe and clean game so she probably could handle Monica's style.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #4063
country flag ioana_sk8r

Monica lost all concentration when one of Beck's balls was called in (think it was at 30 all on Beck's serve) . Her coach was saying something about a clear out and the umpire said 'quiet please.' Moni turned to the umpire and said "what quiet? You just need to watch the ball. That was a very important point and the ball was out." Followed by a quiet dute-n pizda matii after the chair ump backed up the call. She never played that well the rest of the match .
Old Aug 17th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #4064
country flag Not A Fan

Thanks ioana_sk8r... yup that sure sounds like her. Now I'm imagining it went something like:

Old Aug 19th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #4065
country flag Not A Fan

Garcia/Niculescu d. Groenefeld/Koukalova 6-0 5-7 (14-12)

Yisss.... #FlyWithCaro indeed

Last edited by Not A Fan : Aug 19th, 2014 at 09:28 AM.
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote