The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread) - Page 268 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #4006
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
A shame. I expected Simona to blast Monica off the court but she was actually very beatable today.

Still a great week for Monica on clay
For sure... greatest week ever actually Well, Halep was very passive but you know, even on a bad day she doesn't give you many free points. Too bad Monica couldn't keep her UE's in check today, but she got so tight at times... really blew a big chance in the third
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #4007
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica is a decent player, even on clay, just a ridicolously bad match-player.

I missed the match, but I hope this week will give her some confidence boost for her preferred second half of the season.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #4008
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
a ridicolously bad match-player.
Honestly, very few players wouldn't have been able to finish Halep off in the third today Poor girl was sooo drained, really looking down and out
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #4009
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

I hope she won't force in Istanbul if the injury is bad . Or play only doubles with Kookie.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #4010
country flag Not A Fan

Postmatch Reaction:

Photo gallery: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1249459&type=1
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #4011
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 01:19 AM   #4012

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...ce-ul-12931424

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #85 - W: Vero Beach, Astana, Antalya I ('14); TT-d: #96 - W: Astana, Landisville w/ Palin6o, Zawada w/ traddles ('14); RUP: Beinasco, Prague w/ Crux S, Contrexeville ('14);
Suicide: #33 - W: New Haven; RUP: Acapulco ('14); FITD: #8 - W: Rome, Baku ('14)
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #4013
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Bucharest semifinal photos

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1249459&type=1
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #4014
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Istanbul MD

[5] Rybarikova vs Q
Niculescu vs Doi
Voegele vs Pironkova
Kovinic vs [4] Svitolina
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 01:40 PM   #4015

Good luck, but no doubles ... why !? Koukalova said they will play

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Jul 13th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #4016
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

It's official they hate each other now
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #4017
country flag Not A Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
It's official they hate each other now
Moni doesn't want to force here, she picked up an injury this week! They will play together in the US

Good luck! I hate it that yet again she starts the hard season already injured
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #4018
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

And despite the injury, Queen was generous enough to play lackey, preparing Simona for the Vinci slice and how well it worked.

Quote:
Monica Niculescu îi ţine pumnii Simonei Halep în lupta pentru trofeul BRD Bucharest Open, împotriva italiencei Roberta Vinci. "Cred că o să câştige", a spus singura jucătoare care a reuşit să îi smulgă un set principalei favorite a turneului, în drumul spre finală.

"Am încălzit-o puţin pe Simona pentru mâine. Vinci joacă şi ea multe slice-uri", a glumit Niculescu. "Simona joacă super! Are foarte meciuri în spate şi cred că are foarte mare încredere. Mie mi-a crescut încrederea după o singură semifinală! Iar Simona, cu finala de la Roland Garros, semifinala de la Wimbledon... îmi imaginez cum se simte", a mai punctat "Moni", cea care o vede pe Halep lider mondial, în cel mai scurt timp: "de ce nu ar fi numărul unu mondial? Are lovituri minunate şi un mental senzaţional!".

Eleva lui Călin Ciorbagiu a încheiat în semifinale o săptămână de vis la BRD Bucharest Open. "Turneul acesta din România a fost cel mai bun pentru mine. Mi-ar fi plăcut să fiu în cealaltă jumătate şi poate să mă întâlnesc cu Simona în finală. Îmi pare rău că nu voi juca şi mâine", a spus a 68-a jucătoare a lumii.

Monica a reconstituit, la conferinţa de presă, momentele importante ale semifinalei decise în trei seturi. "Nu ştiam la ce să mă aştept în primul set. A fost şi o vreme ciudată, a bătut vântul din toate părţile, am resimţit puţin şi oboseala, după acel meci de două ore şi 40 de minute, mă şi doare puţin piciorul drept. În setul doi m-am dezlănţuit puţin. Păcat că în setul trei... totul s-a terminat atât de brusc, speram la un 1-0, 1-1, 2-1" a spus Monica Niculescu. "Publicul a fost super, ne-a încurajat în mod egal egal".

Următorul turneu din programul Monicăi este în Turcia. Mâine, tenismena va pleca la Istanbul, sperând ca accidentarea să nu fie gravă, iar organizatorii să îi ofere un start târziu, marţi, în loc de luni. "Am un sentiment foarte bun legat de acest turneu. Sper să joc!", a încheiat într-un ton optimist Monica Niculescu.
So many delicious match-ups for Monica in her section in Istanbul. I hope she is ok enough to play.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 12:15 AM   #4019
country flag Not A Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Quote:
A fost şi o vreme ciudată, a bătut vântul din toate părţile...
Classic Monica blaming the wind

More from Bucharest's Kids day

Last edited by Not A Fan : Jul 15th, 2014 at 12:11 PM.
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 09:53 AM   #4020
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Istanbul (TUR), R32:

Misaki Doi (JAP) d. Monica Niculescu (ROU) 53 Ret.

goes only for playing there when injured (same goes for Irina). Instead of buying the plane tickets they should have paid the WTA fines for not going there and rest.