The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 267 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 11th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #3991
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Oh but she choked, she choked hard They both did

The last few games, and the tiebreak in particular were beyond comical... I mean I could understand Monica being overwhelmed by the pressure and going soft.... but wtf kind of reason had Hercog, she was even more tense!! she turned into a massive pusher at the end
Whenever Hercog seemed to have the momentum on her side, she was spraying even more errors: at the start of the final set, at 5-5, at the start of the TB.

Moreover, she was standing as far behind the service box as if it was Keys serving on the other side of the net. The best moment was when one of Monica's serves at BP dropped so short that Hercog herself seemed surprised and botched the easy put away into the tramline.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #3992
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
Oricat te ador de mult , fi gentila cu Simona daca ajunge in semifinala. )
Yas... just what Halep's tired body and banged up ankle needed... to play with Monica for two hours + ...
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #3993
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Whenever Hercog seemed to have the momentum on her side, she was spraying even more errors: at the start of the final set, at 5-5, at the start of the TB.

Moreover, she was standing as far behind the service box as if it was Keys serving on the other side of the net. The best moment was when one of Monica's serves at BP dropped so short that Hercog herself seemed surprised and botched the easy put away into the tramline.
Highly unimpressive Hercoq. I only really liked her solid, high percentage second serve (basically a kick serve). I agreed with the commentator when he said smth like "the coaches did a great job teaching Hercog how to hit, she was very good mechanics, but she has no feeling for her shots". Monica shouldn't have dropped her level in the second set, this shouldn't have gone three sets, but ofc playing under 2 1/2 hours is not her style.

Postmatch Reaction
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #3994
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I was there and she was amazing in that tiebreak

Love her even more now (if possible)
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #3995
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...nilor-12930533

"Fosta mea parteneră de dublu, Vania King, chiar credea că "Hai Moni" este o încurajare specifică românilor".

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #3996

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Este un vis

Btw, today's win was Monica's 400th win in singles in her Pro career
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #3997
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Photos from today : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1249459&type=1 +

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1249459&type=1

LE : Video (RO): http://www.digisport.ro/Sport/TENIS/...lele+de+la+BRD

News (EN) - WTA (quotes included) : http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-bucharest-sfs

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Jul 11th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #3998
country flag Not A Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Her photos are always so crazy... she's all over the place, total mess

Halep looked unbeatable yesterday. I'm sure that Monica wants to be a good friend and send Simona early in that vacation she desperately needs, but it's a bad matchup for her. The positive thing, she's such a big underdog that there should be no pressure, she's got nothing to loose... Enjoy yourself Monica and do your magic
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #3999
country flag Not A Fan

Great fight to break for 1-2.... but the serve

How many points can she give away like that??? Halep has only one or two winners.... 1-3*

edit... starting to get outplayed *1-4

Holds for 2-4.... just to give away the next game with poor returns and a really dumb UE...

DF, UE, UE and UE ... to give away the first set to Halep, who isn't doing anything

Last edited by Not A Fan : Jul 12th, 2014 at 03:41 PM.
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #4000
country flag Not A Fan

*1-2 second set... starting to be a bad match. Halep can't hit a winner and doesn't even try anymore, just pushes through the middle... and Moni is UE-ing left and right

*2-3 Moni breaks with a lot of help from Halep

*4-3 Another break for Monica... Halep is just bad now

5-3* Beautiful DTL winner to hold

Omg... the ultimate fighter takes the set

Last edited by Not A Fan : Jul 12th, 2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #4001
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She takes the set.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #4002

This set means the Bucharest 2014 title to me
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #4003
country flag Not A Fan

*0-1 the luckiest hold ever for Halep...

followed by the luckiest break ever for Halep 0-2*

*0-3 Monica broke down, the nerves got to her... UE after UE after UE... Halep is about to win despite not hitting a winner for hours

omg Monica is totally lost now.... losing net points to Halep... wut???

0-4* UE fest continues, with also a rare winner from Halep this time

*1-4 finally a game where Moni makes no UE... breaks easy! C'mon!

1-5* Threes UE's to give Halep yet another game...

GSM This was such a bad set... I have no words... a sleepwalking Halep managed to win it

Last edited by Not A Fan : Jul 12th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #4004
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

A shame. I expected Simona to blast Monica off the court but she was actually very beatable today.

Still a great week for Monica on clay
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #4005
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

good job Monica to take a set of Simona on clay
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote