The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 231 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #3451
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Cepelova will most likely lose to Cetkovska who is rocking that slice as well, I think.

Anyway, Monica vs. Petra sounds like fun.
Peer has nothing to trouble Monica these days, but I still expect a 3 set mugathon for this one.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2014, 08:41 PM   #3452
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

Lets not consider an easy win if she meets Cepelova again.

Probably the short time between the matches will make her understand what she did wrong to lose in such a manner . Still think that Cepelova has a nice game overall if she`s on.

I didn`t want to be her fan, I just ... couldn't resist
UCLA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #3453
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I also believe that Cetkovska could easily trouble Cepelova tomorrow. All I sad was Monica "could" bump into Jana once again in less than a week But first let's see how she does against Shahar. Maybe her Top 20 days are gone, but she can still can produce some surprises every now and then.
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #3454

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

WTA Rome, Q-R32:

(16)Monica Niculescu (ROU) d. Shahar Peer (ISR) 63 60

And she'll have to beat Cetkovska tomorrow for a spot on the main draw in Rome. Hai Moni!
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:46 AM   #3455
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Great job Monica!!!!
Not A Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #3456
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Good win today Monica!
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #3457
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

6-4 5-7, 2 match points waisted in that 2nd set
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #3458

A great opportunity missed

I just hope she won't lose the match because of that SP wasted 15 minutes ago.
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #3459
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
A great opportunity missed

I just hope she won't lose the match because of that SP wasted 15 minutes ago.
I can't be bothered to look up her last 3 set macthes, but I can't remember when she actually won a match after taking the 1st set and lost the 2nd
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:05 AM   #3460

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumm View Post
I can't be bothered to look up her last 3 set macthes, but I can't remember when she actually won a match after taking the 1st set and lost the 2nd
You're right. But of recent recollection we do have the matches against Sloane, CSN, Makarova and Errani where she led by a set and sometimes a break up in the second and still lost in the end
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #3461

WTA Rome, Q-Q:

Petra Cetkovska (CZE) d. (16)Monica Niculescu (ROU) 46 75 61

What a difference a point makes
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #3462

Also a leitmotif already for Monica to completely fall apart in the third. So far (in 2014):

vs. Cetkovska 64 57 16
vs. Stephens 62 36 26
vs. Makarova 75 67(3) 36
vs. Suarez Navarro 64 06 14 Ret.
vs. Errani 62 57 16
vs. Cabeza Candela 63 67(3) 46

Thight second set, different story in the third
Old May 11th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #3463
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

I'm so sad right now not again Monica.... nooo
Not A Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #3464
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

When she can't close in 2 sets and she go in 3 you almost know that will be over. Prepare for your next tournamet.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 12:45 PM   #3465
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Monica Niculescu had match point vs Cetkovska, but broke a string during it, and has crumbled since. The drama is high.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote