The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 217 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #3241
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Monica shouting and breathing like a mad woman
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #3242
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Well done, sista!
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #3243
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Won 6-3 6-1 ! Much closer than the scoreline suggests, it was a real battle.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #3244
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

6-3 6-1. Monica's playing style is a nightmare for the inexperienced players.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #3245
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

6-3 6-1 in 1.40h

As Jason said, Kovinic did better though than expected. She just couldn't string together two good points in a row to save her life and in the last couple of games became victim of Monica's brick wall defense.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #3246
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Kovinic sure does have some power to her... but Niculescu handled her pretty well!

So Bucharest dominating the Florianopolis Slam this year
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #3247

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Kovinic sure does have some power to her... but Niculescu handled her pretty well!

3/8 Romanians, but not necessarily from Bucharest
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #3248
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post

Watch them all flop in R1 in the actual Bucharest Open
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 10:08 PM   #3249
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
3/8 Romanians, but not necessarily from Bucharest
Indeed, the Queen is from Slatina. Everybody should go there on a pilgrimage btw, the Way of St James is so passé.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 10:13 PM   #3250
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Indeed, the Queen is from Slatina. Everybody should go there on a pilgrimage btw, the Way of St James is so passé.
Also it's the birth town of Eugène Ionesco. That city stands for international quality and in some ways Monica's gamestyle reminds me a lot of his writing.

I mean, she isn't still called Niculesco by many TV commentators and guys here without reason.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 10:20 PM   #3251
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Born in Slatina... but living in Bucharest since she was very young Slatina more know as Madalina Ghenea's home nowadays...

Last edited by Not A Fan : Feb 26th, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #3252
country flag Curcubeu

Now I know why she was dragging this match as long as possible. Rain break in the match between CSN and Bertens - clever girl. She saw it coming.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #3253
country flag Not A Fan

Old Feb 27th, 2014, 12:47 AM   #3254
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I like how the guy says "OK" at the end sounding skeptical as if to say, "Are you serious?"
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #3255

Quote:
Monica shouting and breathing like a mad woman
<Niculescu reached her third WTA quarterfinal of the year at the tournament where she captured her lone WTA title a year ago with a 63 61 defeat of qualifier Danka Kovinic.

"Even though the score was 63 61, I had to fight like crazy for every point," Niculescu said. "She was hitting very hard. I had to be on my feet and always be ready because she was hitting big winners. She's such a short player but can produce so much power with her serve. One time she hit an ace that was 190 kilometers per hour. I knew I had to give her deep balls and high balls because she likes the balls low. So, it was not an easy match today.">