The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:05 AM   #3121
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

1-2, at last a great, aggressive serve play
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:05 AM   #3122
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartolomeu View Post
0-1, 0-2 now i'm worried makarova has too much patience, much more than lisicki. it worked a time with the slices, but now she has to diversify a bit.
I would say Monica simply needs to play clean and not gift Katya so many errors. She needs to force Katya to win the points.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:10 AM   #3123
country flag Amartolomeu

Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light Amartolomeu is a glorious beacon of light

2-2 wowwwww lost my worries again! i take back what i said about the slices :P
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:10 AM   #3124
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

The short slice which dies midcourt is working a treat. Katya has been hitting that shot into the net time and time again.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:14 AM   #3125
Everybody's a star!!!

Still way way too many errors from Monica. She has to play clean.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:15 AM   #3126
country flag Amartolomeu

2-3 horrible game, down from 40-15
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:15 AM   #3127
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Ffs. This was supposed to be niculescu's game :{(((

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:20 AM   #3128
Everybody's a star!!!

Most errors I've seen from Monica in a long long long time. Other than that she is playing well but when keeping her error count low is about the most important element of Monica's game that doesn't help much.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #3129
country flag Amartolomeu

grrrrr. and she seemed such a lot of times in control. great chance missed for QF.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 02:46 AM   #3130
Everybody's a star!!!

Honestly at the start of the match, I expected Katya to be the likely winner. So no surprise there. But what was disappointing was the way Monica lost. If Katya was being patient and handling the slice and was in control, I would have just said it was a tough match up and Katya was too good. But that wasn't the case. Monica pretty much gave that match away with her errors.

In the end Monica hit 34 errors to Katya's 35. Now we all know Monica is rarely going to outwinner her opponent so it should be obvious she isn't going to win many matches if she equals her opponents error tally. 34 errors from Monica in 2 sets is awful. She just won't win matches making that amount of errors even if her game is troubling her opponent, and the fact is Monica was troubling Katya when she didn't shot herself in the leg. 1st really awful match Monica has played this year. I hope there aren't too many more.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #3131
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Monica
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #3132
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Golden opportunity missed and Makarova peaking up once again (for a third year in a row now) at the AO.

Monica
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 01:36 AM   #3133
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Monica Still a good tournament for her!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #3134
country flag dicanel

dicanel is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, she had a good start this year.
dicanel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #3135
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Open GDF Suez qD :

(2)Niculescu v Razzano
Konta v Kr.Pliskova
Johansson v (wc)Hesse
Tsurenko v (6)Voskoboeva

GL

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote