The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 198 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:57 AM   #2956
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

WTA Hobart, Main Draw:

(6)Barthel v Svitolina
Niculescu v Rybarikova
Q v Knapp
Puig v (3)Vesnina

I would really like to see this match.
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:00 AM   #2957
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Tough first round for Monica, but good luck to her!
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:51 AM   #2958
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Here you go : http://114.80.184.81/youku/6774BBE88...A6D4E570CA.mp4 - 6 minutes and 14 seconds of Li - Niculescu highlights.

You can see videos from youku only from China. Free pro-xy Servers or Unblock Youku don't work but I managed to "download" it via : http://savevideo.me/

Maybe you can watch this,in another site:http://v.ku6.com/show/IAQx_EvtGjMQxQ.....html?from=my
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 01:10 PM   #2959
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Good week in doubles also.
Monica and Zakopalova will play Shenzhen's doubles final against Kichenok sisters.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #2960
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Shenzhen F double: M.Niculescu/K.Zakopalova def. L.Kichenok/N.Kichenok 6-3 6-4
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #2961

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Well done, Monica & Kookie!
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 09:26 AM   #2962
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Watched parts of the second set and the result seemed never in doubt. The Kichenok sisters are simply to weak on the returning end and can't deal with Monica's slice when she had the chance to throw it in. Also, Klara opened up the court nicely with some fine cross court hitting.

Looking forward to the AO with this team!
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #2963
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

she seems to be hitting a good form ahead of the AO

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #2964
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #2965
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Good start of the year in Doubles and also in Singles.

GL in Hobart ... The doubles match is against the 1st seeds (Zheng/Erakovic)

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #2966
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
WTA Hobart, Main Draw:

(6)Barthel v Svitolina
Niculescu v Rybarikova
Q v Knapp
Puig v (3)Vesnina

I would really like to see this match.
I've seen two Monica vs Magda matches. One at Roehampton (Wimbledon qualifying 1st round) and one at the 1st round of Wimbledon proper.

The 1st match was really fun, and the 1st time I got to see Monica live. I'd heard about Monica before this match and was very intrigued. I was already a fan of Magda's having seen her play in the juniors at Wimby the year before. By the end of the match I was officially a fan of both players.

The 2nd match was even better and one of the most enjoyable women's matches I've even seen live. The funny thing about this match up is that each of them really does bring out the best in the other. Because both girls like to slice, and both girls wanted to get to the net to volley and both were also using lots of lobs and dropshots, they were both forced to improvise a great deal more than is normally required in a tennis match. But as it happens both girls are damn good at improvising and so....you would get one crazy point with every corner of the court explored followed by another and another and yet another.

I couldn't stop grinning watching. The match was stopped by rain or darkness, I can't remember which after all this time with Magda leading 4-2 in the 3rd. The next day they played 16 points and Monica won every single one of them, and almost every one was a long and crazy point. Has to be the best Monica has ever played because Magda didn't actually play poorly those four games either.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jan 4th, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #2967
country flag Curcubeu

Destroyed Magda 6-2 6-0

Full of confidence, Monica is the only Romanian player to convince right now.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 09:05 AM   #2968
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Great way to start the year. Looks like Monica has taken her from in Shenzhen to an even higher level. So please Monica seems to be taking her doubles seriously this year too. Last year was an even bigger disappointment in doubles than singles. At least in singles there were some good high points to counter the lows but in doubles it seemed like she wasn't even interested. I have always thought being fully committed to her doubles game was important for her singles game, especially for being sharp around the net.

So far this year, we can say we have seen a big improvement in her serving, two comebacks from a set down showing some fine mental toughness, a very close match against a top 5 player who was playing at home, a tournament win in doubles, and now a complete demolition of a player who Monica has always had very competitive matches against in the past.

This is looking very nice indeed, I got to say.
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #2969

Woohoo, well done, girl!

Monica scapa turma si saptamana asta
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #2970
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Magda is in terrible form, she was dire against Lisicki last week. So I don't know what this result says on Monica's performance but you certainly can't trash your opponent like that without doing something right.

There is a reason Monica is called the Queen. Simona and Cirstea are cute and stuff but, at the end of the day, it's Mama Niculescu who's in charge and she proved it yet again
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote