The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 11:53 PM   #271
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Monica in LA

spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 07:45 AM   #272
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Tennis Fan View Post
Lost to Cibulkova 64 63. Classic A La Niculescu chokes in both sets.
Yup. Monica led 4-0 in the 1st set and had a point for a 4-1 lead with 2 breaks in the 2nd set. The best and the worst of Monica all rolled into one two set match.

Monica has the tennis to be a top twenty player when she is at her best but she needs to be at her best for more than 20 minutes segments.

Oh and great pics Spiceboy.

There are not nearly enough pics in this thread.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jul 23rd, 2008 at 07:50 AM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 10:53 AM   #273
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Apprantly Misa's coach has said it's unlikely that Misa will be full fit for the US Open (she may not play at all!), and that certainly leaves the door wide open for Marina and Monica to play together again
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 10:55 AM   #274
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Monica in LA
That picture is so typical of her! When she was 13 she did the exact same face expressions
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 02:49 PM   #275
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Monica
but nice pics, thanks

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #276
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Canada 1R: Monica Niculescu def. (Q) Varvara Lepchenko 6-1 6-2

Surely a good sign and hopefully a turnaround in results for her
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #277
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Definately a good result. I like how Monica kept the pressure on when Lepchenko briefly fought back in the 2nd set.

The next match against Patty Schnyder could be a lot of fun. Patty didn't play that well in the 1st round and if Monica can play her best tennis with no long lapses of concentration she has a real chance. It is only a matter of time before Monica starts getting wins against the top players and now is a great time to start.

Go Monica.
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #278
Everybody's a star!!!

Monica Niculescu v Patty Schnyder will be Eurosport's featured match today.

This is great news obviously. Monica has done pretty well in her televised Grand Slam matches against Jankovic at RG and Szavay at Wimbledon. This time however hopefully she can actually sustain her great play thoughout the entire match and come away with the win.

All the best Monica. Make us all proud of you.
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #279
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone please record this? I'll be in a plane during it.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #280
Everybody's a star!!!

Well that was a shame. Monica came within one put away volley of taking the match to a 3rd set but she did rather crumble at the end and it seems that is what a lot of viewers will remember.

I'd like to focus on the positives. Despite a pretty poor start Monica held her head high and kept battling. She managed to get back into the match despite the fact that she wasn't really playing her best and the fact that Patty was handling her unorthodox shot making pretty well. She did this be just fighting hard and it earned her a 5-3 lead in the 2nd set and a set point a couple of games later. It is just a shame once again Monica wasn't quite able to capitalise and once again she did come apart at the very end sadly.

I guess the only the to say after a match like that is "anything that doesn't kill you can only make you stronger." The WTA tour is a tough unforgiving place. Tomorrow Monica will just have to wake up as normal and prepare for her trip to Mexico for her next tournament. The more Monica puts herself in winning positions against top players, and with Monica's game she will continue to do so the easier it will get. Sooner or later Monica will make her big breakthrough.
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 01:58 AM   #281
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

I didn't see her match against Patty and it may be better this way reading what people said about it But at least after seeing her against Lepchenko I definitely have only good memories of Monica and her sweet and totally surprising sliced forehand I never thought sliced forehand could be hit in such an agressive way!
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 07:39 AM   #282
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretchap View Post
I didn't see her match against Patty and it may be better this way reading what people said about it But at least after seeing her against Lepchenko I definitely have only good memories of Monica and her sweet and totally surprising sliced forehand I never thought sliced forehand could be hit in such an agressive way!
You rule Fretchap.
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM   #283
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretchap View Post
I never thought sliced forehand could be hit in such an agressive way!
Neither did her first coach
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #284
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

$100,000+H Monterrey

R1: (2)Monica Niculescu (ROU) d. (Q)Kelly Liggan (IRL) 61 76(2)

R1: (Q)Pandzic/Rybarikova (CRO/SVK) d. (1)Niculescu/Savchuk (ROU/UKR) 75 76(2)
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 06:35 AM   #285
Everybody's a star!!!

Monica is the only seed in the bottom half of the draw now. I'm really hoping for a good tournament here. There are a lot of ranking points this week available for Monica this week.

Next match is against Mariana Duque-Marino who actually beat Monica on clay in the 1st round of Estoril earlier this year. So this isn't a formality, but hopefully it turns out to be a good opportunity for revenge.