The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2008, 02:41 AM   #256
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Black and Stevenson? are we back in 2002 or something?

Monica should be able to get through that although Meng Yuan qualifies for alot of events (she was the tour leader in 2005 IIRC) but go Monica

Dulko, Rodionova, Mirza or Peer are awaiting the qualifiers, which are all very tough but winnable matches for Monica. Hopefully she will draw Rodionova. Tier II points are huge and would boost her ranking alot if she makes the main draw 2R.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #257
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
Black and Stevenson? are we back in 2002 or something?

Monica should be able to get through that although Meng Yuan qualifies for alot of events (she was the tour leader in 2005 IIRC) but go Monica

Dulko, Rodionova, Mirza or Peer are awaiting the qualifiers, which are all very tough but winnable matches for Monica. Hopefully she will draw Rodionova. Tier II points are huge and would boost her ranking alot if she makes the main draw 2R.
True, but Meng is in one almighty slump right now. She has lost 10 of her last 11 matches. Anna Tatishvili, who is on a 10 game winning streak, is really the only player in this group that concerns me at all. Monica gets past Anna she is homefree.
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #258
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
True, but Meng is in one almighty slump right now. She has lost 10 of her last 11 matches. Anna Tatishvili, who is on a 10 game winning streak, is really the only player in this group that concerns me at all. Monica gets past Anna she is homefree.
Your approach to Monica's tournaments always seems better
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #259
country flag Abhijeet4267

Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold

any latest pics of Monica?????
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #260
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that wasn't too hard.

Monica has just come through her 1st qualifying match against Anna Tatishvili 6-0 6-1. And I thought this was going to be the hardest match.

I think it is probably fair to say that nothing Anna Tatishvili learnt at the Chris Evert Academy ever prepared her for facing Monica Niculescu.

I also think it is fair to say we don't have to worry too much about Monica qualifying. Looks like she is doing fine. I think she is going to have a great US Hardcourt season.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jul 12th, 2008 at 07:40 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #261
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She lost her 2nd qualie round

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #262
Everybody's a star!!!

Yeah. She did.

I have to say it was quite deserved. Monica seems to have a problem that occurs almost randomly where in the middle of a match where she is playing well she will just out of the blue totally lose it and completely fall apart. And it seems to be happening a bit more recently. Against Szavay at Wimbledon a match I saw, Monica was in total control and lead by a set and 5-2. She then loses eight games in a row. It is like if something, anything goes wrong she just gets down on herself and stops fighting. Against Poutchek the week before, Monica won the 1st set 6-1 in like 20 minutes, somehow she then managed to lose the next two 6-2 6-2. It is almost like Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde.

In this match Monica lead 4-2 in the 1st set. In her 1st three service games Monica lost a grand total of one point. Then she is broken. Unfortunate but she was still up 4-3. No reason to throw in the towel. But Monica totally collapsed. From 4-2 up Monica lost 9 of the next 10 games. With Czink 5-1 in the 2nd set there was some kind of break, perhaps an injury break, and in this time Monica woke up. When play started again the real Monica was back and she won the next 4 games. But she went 5-0 down in the tiebreak and couldn't comeback and lost the match. And I must say, she deserved to lose it. You can't go losing 9 out of 10 games against players you are substantially better than, and Monica IS substantially better than Czink, and expect to win.

Yes, I am really disappointed by this loss. Monica needs to learn to stay focused throughout an entire match, even when things aren't going her way, if she is going to get the most out of her talent. And it would be very regrettable if she does not do this.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jul 14th, 2008 at 06:23 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #263
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

R1: Kleybanova/Niculescu (RUS/ROU) d. Govortsova/Kustova (BLR/BLR) 64 62

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #264
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

I've lost count - how many doubles partners is that for Monica now

Marina and Monica should play together again soon!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #265
country flag Dave.
Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
I've lost count - how many doubles partners is that for Monica now

Marina and Monica should play together again soon!
Saw your post about hating Davenport for most of her career
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #266
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Doubles - Quarterfinals
Kleybanova/Niculescu (RUS/ROU) d. Morita/Sugiyama (JPN/JPN) 61 64

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #267
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Doubles - Semifinals
Vesnina/Zvonareva (RUS/RUS) d. Kleybanova/Niculescu (RUS/ROU) 26 63 103

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #268
country flag Dave.
Winner

Match tie-break I can't explain how much I hate it

Monica was in a big match, a tierII semi final, she deserves to play a full 3 sets. Her and Alisa would have had more time to regroup after losing the 2nd, rather than just going out in 10 points. It's a stupid idea and totally unfair.
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 05:29 AM   #269
Everybody's a star!!!

Good to see Monica and Alisa make the semis in Stanford , although the way they faded from 6-2 3-3 was rather disappointing. .

Monica is in the main draw of LA this week. She didn't get a particularly nice draw. She got Cibulkova who to me doesn't seem a great match up as Domi gets a lot of balls back. On the other hand, Monica did destroy her 6-1 6-0 in the only previous match the two have played in the hard court final of a juniors tournament in 2004. Both have come a long way since. I do also feel with Monica it is more often down to how she plays rather than how her opponent plays that decides her matches, which is a good thing, and Monica certainly has the ability to win this. She will however need to play great tennis from beginning to end with no lapses in concentration. That doesn't mean she has to be perfect but when something goes wrong she is going to have to forget about it quick and get right back to the task at hand. If Monica gets distracted or loses focus this could go quite fast. This would be a great match to win and but it is winnable, Monica just needs to give it her all. Fight Monica, fight!!!
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM   #270
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Lost to Cibulkova 64 63. Classic A La Niculescu chokes in both sets.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote