The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 155 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #2311
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

I don't understand either.
What worries me most is her state of mind. I mean, even with this win today, I don't see her doing well in the semis if she doesn't change that attitude. She kept screaming that she wanted this to be over, and I don't think she was talking about the match. She even yelled at her coach to shut up. Obviously something bothered her badly, as I've seen her cry many times before, but never saw her acting so histrionic.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #2312
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Top 50 again for Monica!
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #2313
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

The drop shot serve was everything It wasn't done on purpose tho, it was a mix of her own shitty serve and the wind stopping the ball.

She is rocking that Fila outfit btw
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #2314
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
I don't understand either.
What worries me most is her state of mind. I mean, even with this win today, I don't see her doing well in the semis if she doesn't change that attitude. She kept screaming that she wanted this to be over, and I don't think she was talking about the match. She even yelled at her coach to shut up. Obviously something bothered her badly, as I've seen her cry many times before, but never saw her acting so histrionic.
Well, she was playing pretty poorly herself. The reason it was such a blow-out in the end is that Timea, apart from some 1st serves, looked as if she has never played a match in her whole life before.

The only thing visible was that blister, that's why she took an MTO. Her serving especially was utter garbage taking into account that this is some fast court that should make it looking rather decent at least.

Maybe she is being on her period, we will see how she fares in the SF. Amazing year already.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #2315
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
She even yelled at her coach to shut up.
She did? I missed that. Maybe she needed to go to the bathroom
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #2316
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
The drop shot serve was everything It wasn't done on purpose tho, it was a mix of her own shitty serve and the wind stopping the ball.

Nothing beats that one second serve against Jovanovski in Copenhaguen last year screaming to be hammered which Bojana just hit straight into the bottom of the net. It's so shitty that it's being good already.
Making gold out of nothing - classic Monica.

Babos looked like Kerber today. Never noticed that before, but the similarities are huge look wise.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #2317

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I also want to believe that she was on her period. Sorana was on hers for sure two days ago against Malek, she kept touching her stomach and rearranging her outfit. So that means it's true what they say about women who spend time together in time have the same dates for menstruation hahaha... Bloody WTA

On a more serious note, Davis should be no real trouble, but Pavlyuchenkova is another story. Monica is 0-1 against her, losing on hardcourts like 5 years ago. Hopefully Nastia will have a shitty day tomorrow )
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #2318

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
She did? I missed that. Maybe she needed to go to the bathroom
She did, she did, in the second set, when she was already 4-2 up. I wonder why
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #2319
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why is Monica so hysteric? I've never seen her like that. She is going to break that racket.
Monica is much better these days but she used to be like that all the time. In fact if you compare today to an average Monica match from 2008/9 this was very tame.

Monica isn't playing her best this week and I think it is frustrating her a bit. Good thing is that she isn't letting it result in her losing her concentration at least as she used to do. It is also a good sign when a player is able to win comfortably without playing their best. I think the fact that Monica is able to do that nowadays quite frequently is a reflection of how much she has improved as a player in the last couple of years and particularly during the great run of results we have seen from her since Luxembourg.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #2320
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also want to believe that she was on her period. Sorana was on hers for sure two days ago against Malek, she kept touching her stomach and rearranging her outfit. So that means it's true what they say about women who spend time together in time have the same dates for menstruation hahaha... Bloody WTA

On a more serious note, Davis should be no real trouble, but Pavlyuchenkova is another story. Monica is 0-1 against her, losing on hardcourts like 5 years ago. Hopefully Nastia will have a shitty day tomorrow )
If Monica plays well she can absolutely beat Nastya. Even if she isn't at her very best Monica can beat her. Not saying for sure Monica wins but I give her a 60/40 maybe even 70/30 shot in that match. Yeah, if Nastya plays decently Monica might have to raise her game a little bit from the level it is been thus far this week but that is certainly doable. And of course there is a real possibility that Monica, even not playing at her best, could totally break down Nastya's game as she does with so many other players. Truth is, Nastya isn't a bad match up for Monica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Yeah, looks good on her.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2321
country flag Curcubeu

Peak Monica was definitely against Chakvetadze in Zürich or against Cornet at the Australian Open.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #2322
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Monica is much better these days but she used to be like that all the time. In fact if you compare today to an average Monica match from 2008/9 this was very tame.
Well, you know her better for sure. The truth is that I haven't really watched her play beyond the last couple of years.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #2323
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Well, you know her better for sure. The truth is that I haven't really watched her play beyond the last couple of years.
That's cool. It is great she is building a bigger fanbase.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #2324
country flag codrutc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
That's cool. It is great she is building a bigger fanbase.
Well, I can't really say I am her fan, or of any individual athlete for that matter. I support all the Romanian tennis girls. If you don't mind my digressing from the topic I would say that I am only a fan of a certain American football team.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #2325
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Monica for knocking off the defending champ Babos! She's now in her third SF of the year, and meets Pavlyuchenkova. Monica's 0-1 against her, and Nastia's in good form for once, so she'll need to up her game in order to reach the final.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote