The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #211
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Lots of good news regarding Monica over the last 24 hours. Okay Monica and Misa lost against Bremond and Ruano-Pascual. Not bad news really because that means that Monica will be able to play the qualifying of Eastbourne.

Monica's section of the draw is like this:

(4)Akgul Amanmuradova
Selima Sfar
Monica Niculescu
Tatiana Poutchek
Olga Savchuk
Ayum Morita
Alla Kudryavtseva
(6)Timea Bacsinszky

I see no reason Monica can't qualify from that.

Also great news is that Monica has now made the main draw of Wimbledon after being the next one in for ages upon ages. So Monica can get a few matches in this week and then she will be ready to kick ass at Wimbledon.

Old Jun 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #212
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, Chris

GL Monica
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 02:49 AM   #213
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Monica and Marina won't be pairing up at Wimbledon!!!

Bloody Misa
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM   #214
country flag teo_honey

teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future

Misa with Marina?

SORANA CIRSTEA
~Haide MONICA & Edina!~
teo_honey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #215
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teo_honey View Post
Misa with Marina?
Unfortunetly

Monica and Marina were doubles partner since before they were top 100 juniors. Misa only seemed to come into the picture after Marina started getting some good singles results.

Had no idea that Marina was interviewed recently by WTA, but what do you you know she features on the front page today No surprises who she picked as her good friends on tour

Q. Who are your good friends on the Tour?
I know some friends from back in the junior days; I generally spend time with Michaella Krajicek, Monica Niculescu, and I generally hang out with the Aussies.
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #216
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear.

That was not good. Monica lost her 1st round qualifying match in Eastbourne to Tatiana Poutchek by a rather disturbing 1-6 6-2 6-2 scoreline. After completely dominating the 1st set, Monica lost her way big time at 2 all in both the 2nd and 3rd sets.

I don't know what exactly happened out there but it is hard to find much positive about this result. All we can do it hope Monica plays better at Wimbledon. At least she has some time now to practice and work on whatever went wrong in the 2nd and 3rd sets today. I just hope she is okay physically.
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #217
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
Oh dear.

That was not good. Monica lost her 1st round qualifying match in Eastbourne to Tatiana Poutchek by a rather disturbing 1-6 6-2 6-2 scoreline. After completely dominating the 1st set, Monica lost her way big time at 2 all in both the 2nd and 3rd sets.

I don't know what exactly happened out there but it is hard to find much positive about this result. All we can do it hope Monica plays better at Wimbledon. At least she has some time now to practice and work on whatever went wrong in the 2nd and 3rd sets today. I just hope she is okay physically.
Hopefully you'll see her play more than once at Wimbledon
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #218
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Does Monica ever play mixed doubles? Then there's a chance we will get to see her at least 3 times
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #219
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
Does Monica ever play mixed doubles? Then there's a chance we will get to see her at least 3 times
She hasn't played mixed doubles yet but she is just starting out. I really would love to see her play mixed doubles with Fabrice Santoro. They would be the ultimate mixed doubles team. I truly can't think of anything on a tennis court that would be more fun.
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #220
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Hi everyone!
I have a question for you !
( that I had for a long time )

Niculescu plays two-handed both sides ?
Because It's written on WTAtour, and I saw an interview of Jankovic who said that Monica
had a two-handed forehand ...
...The problem is that I saw one of her match,
and I remember a one-handed forehand
which was very special ( I don't know the word in English )

Thanks
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #221
country flag Dave.
Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JujulCactus View Post
Hi everyone!
I have a question for you !
( that I had for a long time )

Niculescu plays two-handed both sides ?
Because It's written on WTAtour, and I saw an interview of Jankovic who said that Monica
had a two-handed forehand ...
...The problem is that I saw one of her match,
and I remember a one-handed forehand
which was very special ( I don't know the word in English )

Thanks
Hi

I understand that Monica uses 2 hands on the forehand when she goes for more pace, but will often use a 1 handed slice forehand aswell. I think she actually prefers the slice.

Chris can probably give you a better answer though.
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #222
country flag Dave.
Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
She hasn't played mixed doubles yet but she is just starting out. I really would love to see her play mixed doubles with Fabrice Santoro. They would be the ultimate mixed doubles team. I truly can't think of anything on a tennis court that would be more fun.
I'd love to see that Just imagine the shots they'd come up with
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #223
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
Hi

I understand that Monica uses 2 hands on the forehand when she goes for more pace, but will often use a 1 handed slice forehand aswell. I think she actually prefers the slice.

Chris can probably give you a better answer though.
That pretty much sums it up actually.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #224
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Ok thanks a lot
I never see her two-handed forehand ...
( I saw her match against Kirilenko in Dubai )
...I miss her match against Jankovic
She seems to have a very interesting game
Maybe I can see one of her match in wimbledon !
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #225
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JujulCactus View Post
Ok thanks a lot
I never see her two-handed forehand ...
( I saw her match against Kirilenko in Dubai )
...I miss her match against Jankovic
She seems to have a very interesting game
Maybe I can see one of her match in wimbledon !
I think she only plays a two-handed forehand to try and put off her opponent. It's your pretty basic two handed handed forehand, its not a winner shot or anything. She plays one handed mostly because she can either do a forehand, forehand slice, forehand dropshot or forehand lob with it.

Her match against Jelena Jankovic has to be the most memorable match of the year so far. She was such a tease to her - she tried a dropshot pretty much every single rally it was hilarious! There was a couple of them that only just got over the tape and basically rolled