The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread) - Page 146 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 01:21 AM   #2176
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Nice to see her thanking the crowd, but I love how she expressed it: "for this good atmosphere"

Now I only want to see Jason changing the text above his avi to Florianopolis GOAT and get an avi with Monica posing with the winner's trophy to be the happiest person for now.

Monica is in a very good position in the Race and that MM title leaves all options open for her to make the small YEC, you never know...
Back in Top 60 in the rankings after just one week with only 90 points to defend until Beijing.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 01:26 AM   #2177
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Now I only want to see Jason changing the text above his avi to Florianopolis GOAT and get an avi with Monica posing with the winner's trophy to be the happiest person for now.
That was actually what I was planning to do. I hope someone's gonna make a cute avatar of her, she's not the most popular among the graphics guys
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 01:29 AM   #2178
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Great win, I am happy for her. Now that she is the winner I hope she gets an warm welcome from the crowd next year.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 02:34 AM   #2179
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!!! A wonderful day.

Great to see Monica is finally building up her fanbase on this forum and even gaining some respect from the neutrals too. Good to see.

But even better is seeing Monica finally winning a WTA title. Waited a long time for this moment. This for sure is a wonderful time for all us Monica Niculescu fans.

It's going to be a lot of fun to over the coming months watching Monica rise up those rankings too.
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:34 AM   #2180
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
So...so...so happy for Monica! Totally deserved title!

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 07:38 AM   #2181
country flag soimu

soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold

Yeeesssssss !
Monica won a title.

She will be a lot more confident from now on.
Also thanks to your comments people, it is as if I watched the match.
I am expecting a lot of good things from her this year.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 07:42 AM   #2182
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

can't wait for Interview and highlights honestly

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 07:45 AM   #2183
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Chris. Really happy for you and Monica. Hope she makes the top 30 by the end of the year.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM   #2184
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations!
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:42 AM   #2185
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

If I didn't miscalculating Mona is 18th in the race now.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:17 AM   #2186
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Monica Niculescu was in quite the predicament in her first round match on Monday, losing the first set to Anabel Medina Garrigues and facing triple match point down 6-3 in the second set tie-break. But she found a way out of that one and on Saturday night, five days and four more wins later, the Romanian was holding her first WTA title at the inaugural WTA Brasil Tennis Cup.

For obvious reasons, Niculescu's three-hour, eight-minute, 57 76(7) 61 comeback win against Medina Garrigues in the first round was a game-changer for the tournament - it may have given Niculescu the new breath of life that would eventually take her to the title. Watch her post-match reaction here:

Three straight set wins later - 61 61, 63 62 and 60 62, respectively - Niculescu was in her third WTA final, playing for her first WTA title. But on the other side of the net was a player with the same motivations - Olga Puchkova was also looking for her first WTA title in her third WTA final, and she had a string of big wins to her name from earlier in the week too, having picked off No.3 seed Kirsten Flipkens in the first round and No.1 seed Venus Williams in the semis. The Russian was ready to go.

Niculescu's mix of spins, paces and angles was too much for Puchkova in the early goings, as she built a 62 20 lead; Puchkova fought back though, winning six of the next eight games to take the second set and push the match to a third. Niculescu came out strong again, building a 4-2 lead, when Puchkova fought back again, evening it at 4-all - but Niculescu pounced one last time, breaking the Russian at 15 and holding her own serve at 15 to complete a near-two hour, 62 46 64 championship victory.

"I was very tired and she was playing very well - it got very tough at the end," Niculescu said. "But I just kept fighting. I knew I had to be more aggressive but still think a lot on the court, and I was able to gain control of the match at the end again. I was very tired, so I am very happy I could win tonight."

Niculescu was asked about the feeling of winning her first WTA title. "I competed in two finals before and lost to Azarenka and Venus, and today I finally managed to win one - I'm so happy," she said. "I felt so tired on the court but really, really wanted to win, and right now I can't really explain how happy I feel. I'll just relax tonight and go to bed, and tomorrow I'll think about what I've done here.

"I think tomorrow I'll realize what I've accomplished."

Niculescu and Puchkova were playing for the first time on the WTA, though they met on the court once before. "She was telling me that we played in the juniors, though I don't remember it!" Niculescu said. "But we are good friends. She's very nice. I'm very happy I played against her in the final.

"We've been talking every day and can't believe we made the final. I hope the audience enjoyed it."

And will the Romanian be back in Brazil next year? "Definitely I will come here next year to defend my title," she said. "The transport, the food, the hotel - it was all fantastic. It was also near the mall and the beach is beautiful too. I had all I needed in Florianopolis this week - everything was perfect."

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM   #2187
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Tournament organizers even take care that the winners are well dressed for the player's party next year!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:30 AM   #2188
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

"It was also near the mall"
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 03:34 PM   #2189
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely news, lovely interview, lovely pics

Damn happy!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:14 PM   #2190
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

She deserved to win a title finally. At least she has hardly anything to defend until Beijing.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote