The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread) - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #196
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
Tammy's fave surface is grass..i don't know how many times she's been to the 4R of Wimbledon before

Monica Hopefully she has a good doubles tournament and keeps trying..her game should be so good for grass.
This has always surprised me because in recent years the grass courts seemed to have slowed down majorly, infact it was only last week when I read an article saying that they are now slower than the Australian Open and US Open.

Backhand Slices, Forehand Slices, Drop Shots and Volleys are top shots on Grass! The only thing Monica lacks on Grass courts is a great serve.

I hope Monica plays doubles with Marina in Wimbledon. As far as I know Marinas agreement with Misa isn't in effect anymore. But I'm really unsure at the moment
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #197
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
This has always surprised me because in recent years the grass courts seemed to have slowed down majorly, infact it was only last week when I read an article saying that they are now slower than the Australian Open and US Open.

Backhand Slices, Forehand Slices, Drop Shots and Volleys are top shots on Grass! The only thing Monica lacks on Grass courts is a great serve.

I hope Monica plays doubles with Marina in Wimbledon. As far as I know Marinas agreement with Misa isn't in effect anymore. But I'm really unsure at the moment
I know- grass sucks right now It's just like a hardcourt

Monica's mix of shots should be most effective on grass but yeh that serve is a problem Hope she gets a good draw at Wimbledon- the last thing i want to see is a Serena or Sharapova attacking Monica's serve

Does Monica play doubles with Marina often? I thought they were just partners in juniors..Marina is playing well right now so that'd be good for Mon too

Monica really bagged herself an in-form partner in Misa
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 06:29 AM   #198
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know- grass sucks right now It's just like a hardcourt

Monica's mix of shots should be most effective on grass but yeh that serve is a problem Hope she gets a good draw at Wimbledon- the last thing i want to see is a Serena or Sharapova attacking Monica's serve

Does Monica play doubles with Marina often? I thought they were just partners in juniors..Marina is playing well right now so that'd be good for Mon too

Monica really bagged herself an in-form partner in Misa
It's like a hardcourt with an extremely low bounce yeah (if they ever put plexi through the court then )

Marina and Monica haven't played together since they easily won 75k Dubai last year. Marina and Monica played something like a dozen ITF doubles tournaments together as well as a couple of European money tournaments. So already have teamwork there.

Oh and by the way from what I understand Marina wanted to focus on singles this week and so Misa was left without a partner. Monica had no partner (as usual ) so she was pretty much handed Misa
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #199
country flag teo_honey

teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future

Quote:
The only way Tammy would have been able to beat Monica is to stand at the net and wait for the drop shots
But drop shots aren't the only good thing in Monica's game. I don't know... Maybe I expect too much of her already.

SORANA CIRSTEA
~Haide MONICA & Edina!~
teo_honey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #200
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tammy's fave surface is grass..i don't know how many times she's been to the 4R of Wimbledon before

Monica Hopefully she has a good doubles tournament and keeps trying..her game should be so good for grass.
I agree with this post 100%.

Monica's game is good for grass. It's excellent for grass. But there are other people out there who also have excellent games for grass and Tammy is one of them. She has shown it many times before and as you say she does have an absolutely outstanding record at Wimbledon. Tammy is probably the most experienced player on grass in the tournament. So if anyone would have been able to deal with Monica's low bouncing slices it would have been Tammy.

Bad draw, plain and simple.

It would have been nice if Monica got a win here but I still expect very good things at Wimbledon.

Oh and if Monica and Marina can pair up for Wimbledon and in the future the two of them could really do brilliantly together. Give them a year together and I think they would be one of the top 10 teams in the world.
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #201
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teo_honey View Post
But drop shots aren't the only good thing in Monica's game. I don't know... Maybe I expect too much of her already.
There are alot of things in Monica's game, but her most lethal weapon has to be the drop shots (and slices).

If you have no expectations of her then you will continue to be amazed by her
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #202
country flag kittyking

Oh and another thing

Chris, I see that your in Great Britain - will you be going to Wimbledon these Championships even for a day or two?
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #203
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
I agree with this post 100%.

Monica's game is good for grass. It's excellent for grass. But there are other people out there who also have excellent games for grass and Tammy is one of them. She has shown it many times before and as you say she does have an absolutely outstanding record at Wimbledon. Tammy is probably the most experienced player on grass in the tournament. So if anyone would have been able to deal with Monica's low bouncing slices it would have been Tammy.

Bad draw, plain and simple.

It would have been nice if Monica got a win here but I still expect very good things at Wimbledon.

Oh and if Monica and Marina can pair up for Wimbledon and in the future the two of them could really do brilliantly together. Give them a year together and I think they would be one of the top 10 teams in the world.
Marina and Monica would have a very good chance of going deep into the doubles draw at Wimbledon, US Open and Australian Open. So by February 2009 they could theoretically be a top 10 pair if not higher. Both are improving so much this year, it would be a shame if Misa Krajicek (who is on an incredibly long losing streak) would break them apart. If Misa does then
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #204
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh and another thing

Chris, I see that your in Great Britain - will you be going to Wimbledon these Championships even for a day or two?
I will be there for all Monica's matches, no question.
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #205
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
I will be there for all Monica's matches, no question.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #206
country flag Abhijeet4267

Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold Abhijeet4267 is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone have Monica's latest pics?
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #207
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeet4267 View Post
Does anyone have Monica's latest pics?
She's too hot, it would break the Camera lens
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #208
country flag teo_honey

teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future teo_honey has a brilliant future

SORANA CIRSTEA
~Haide MONICA & Edina!~
teo_honey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #209
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

M Krajicek / M Niculescu def. T Poutchek / A Rodionova 6-3 6-4
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #210
country flag Dave.
Winner

Next up: Bremond and RG champ Ruano-Pascual

Good luck Monica and Misa