The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 124 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #1846
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Didn´t exspect this. The surface to quick normally for Monica. Hope she will qualify for MD.
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #1847
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica is usually doing very well on fast surfaces. Look at Luxembourg which is the fastest on the tour. On the other hand she sucks badly on clay.

Actually all her strengths play into that. Her serve is not that attackable, while she is still a great return player to get many of the opponent's serve back in play.
However, her biggest strength is her unpredictability in the rallies there. She can suck up her opponent's pace the way she wants or simply redirect it, create the rallies faster or slower herself, breaking her opponent's rhythm. Many girls have no clue how to deal with that and overhit or become a victime of their own poor footwork.

On the other hand many of her shots just beg to be put away on clay. She can easily be outplayed there, because her opponent has enough time to play the right shot, while they don't get the time to do so on faster surfaces.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1848
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She needs a breakthrough on grass now
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #1849
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

if she could get a little more of a serve she would kick asses on grass

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #1850
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Solid one again

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #1851
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Monica is usually doing very well on fast surfaces. Look at Luxembourg which is the fastest on the tour. On the other hand she sucks badly on clay.

Actually all her strengths play into that. Her serve is not that attackable, while she is still a great return player to get many of the opponent's serve back in play.
However, her biggest strength is her unpredictability in the rallies there. She can suck up her opponent's pace the way she wants or simply redirect it, create the rallies faster or slower herself, breaking her opponent's rhythm. Many girls have no clue how to deal with that and overhit or become a victime of their own poor footwork.

On the other hand many of her shots just beg to be put away on clay. She can easily be outplayed there, because her opponent has enough time to play the right shot, while they don't get the time to do so on faster surfaces.
Yup. Indoors is definately where Monica is most dangerous and the way this event is going I'm expecting good things this week. The main draw spots for the qualifiers look pretty condusive to Monica having good week.

Funnily enough the spot I'm hoping Monica gets is the one in the 4th quarter. Monica has a good record against Pironkova and matches up well against her. And then in the 2nd round Monica would face Kvitova. Monica with four matches on the Paris surface against a slumping Kvitova playing her 1st would, I think, be a wonderful opportunity for Monica to get a really big win here. Honestly, I fancy Monica's chances against Kvitova much more than I do against Errani. Sara, has the discipline and variety of shot so that I doubt Monica would be able to do much to trouble her. Niculescu v Errani looks to me a tough match for Monica even indoors. On the other hand, I can see Monica totally discombobulating Petra. Yeah, that could be a lot of fun indeed.

Oh, the one player I want Monica to avoid in the 1st round is Monica Puig. That girl is dangerous and the last thing I want to see is the q v q spot in the lineup becoming a Monica v Monica spot.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Jan 27th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #1852
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Should make the main draw. Is 2-0 against Vesna.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #1853
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Won 63 64 against Dolonc

I too would like her to draw Pironkova and then, hopefully, Petra
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #1854
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Won 63 64 against Dolonc

I too would like her to draw Pironkova and then, hopefully, Petra
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #1855
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Great!! Well done, Monica!!!! She is fighting so strong again!!!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1856
Everybody's a star!!!

Well Monica has been put in the draw against Carla Suarez Navarro. Not a bad 1st round match at all as Carla isn't that good indoors. Pretty confident Monica can win this. But then I would have been pretty confident Monica would have won her 1st match whereever she got placed to be honest.

2nd round match against Klara Zakopalova will be tough though. Klara beat Monica pretty easily in Shenzhen so hopefully this match will be an improvement on that one from Monica. The surface does give Monica a better chance this time but she will still definately be the underdog for that one.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #1857
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

That was the worst possible placement and she got it, yay
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #1858
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

She really has to beat CSN on indoor courts. Not to mention that Monica already has some matches under her belt while Carla just flew over to Europe.

And then it will depend on how much fucks Klara will give this time.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #1859
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Monica and CSN never played against each other. Strange

Also in doubles pairing with Goerges.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #1860
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
Monica and CSN never played against each other. Strange

Also in doubles pairing with Goerges.
Pairing with Georges?
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote