The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 110 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #1636
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Does anyone have a stream ?
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #1637
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nvm, found this http://allsport-live.ru/tv.php?chann..._vs_Luxembourg
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #1638
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

WTF? She had Oprandi in the back of the court, completely clueless about what to do, all of her freaking shots were landing in the service box ! Can't believe she couldn't close this set out. I know she doesn't have a killer shot to finish the rallye but drop shot or come to the net damn it !
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #1639
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

TB
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #1640
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

These two are amazing
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #1641
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

OMFG two amazing points and Monica takes the first set !
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #1642
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Won 76 61 !

Buckle up bitches, Luxembourg GOAT is back
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1643
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

5-1 -> 5-5, woke up soon enough and steamrolled the 2nd set
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #1644
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

After 5-5 I thought she will collapse.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #1645
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going, Nics!

Pity I missed it. Looks like a fun match as expected.

But 5-1 to 5-5, seriously

Last edited by Curcubeu : Oct 15th, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Curcubeu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #1646
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Just saw your comment on the result thread Aaron.

The one handed FH was actually working pretty well. The huge spin on it really bothered Oprandi.

The FH slice on the other hand... I think it needs to go tbh. I know it's her trademark but I can't recall any point in which that shot helped her win the point. On the contrary, most of the time, it allowed Romina to get back into the rallye. It's super effective when she uses it as an approach shot or when she's stretched to her FH side. But when she randomly uses it in the middle of a rallye... I guess it's part of her junk which can really annoy her opponent but the ultra spiny FH can do the trick just as well imo.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #1647
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

You nailed it.

She uses the forehand slice far too often from neutral positions, however it's a killer approach shot at times. I remember her making Vesnina look like a total clown in Doha using either very short or long forehand slices she couldn't deal with.

But yes, there is no need to use it in every rally. Your opponent will adapt to it anytime soon, unless it's Safarova of course.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #1648
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

I feel like she uses it whenever she has no idea what to do with the ball lol. She can't afford to be dumb on court tho, her game isn't big enough for that.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #1649
country flag Curcubeu

It's like that.

She sometimes has no clue what to do with the ball. It's also why I have a problem using the word shot selection in her regard, because she doesn't think much, yes she can be pretty brainless as well.

I'd even go as far to say that she is pretty brainless for 90% of the matches she is playing during a year, when she is just sticking to junkball pushing after a while like the match against Knapp illustrated quite well. That's why she lost so many matches being a set up.

She has to remind herself consistently to take action whenever she has the slight chance to do so. She might make some more errors, but it's important for her to not let her opponent's get into rhythm and only using forehand slice is maybe unorthodox, but contradictional to her actual goal.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #1650
country flag Curcubeu

won 6-4 6-2

Best serving I've seen from her this year. Great shot selection for once and this is what I'm especially fond of: She sticked to her gameplan from beginning to end and not reverted to pure junkball pushing after winning the 1st set, hence the convincing scoreline.

Draw wide open now.