Romana Janshen - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #16
country flag Kai

Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Romana Janshen

Romana
great tournament for her
Kai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 25th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #17
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

She lost in the final. 2 people who are posting here went, and they didn't correct the score that said Romana lost 6-7 6-7. So I'm sure it's right.

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #18
country flag HenryMag.

HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the match...I really like to watch Romana playing...she moves well to the sides, but her footwoork when a fast ball comes right to her isn't great...she sometimes stays static and doesn't move to back...she needs to improve that. Her serve is another shot that needs more practice...she won few points thanks to her serve...

Her best shot, at least in these 2 days, was the backhand....and the drop-shot...she made cool drop-shots and some lobs...

And she likes to hits herself with her racquet when she's mad (which is almost everytime she loses a point - just kidding )
HenryMag. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #19
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryMag View Post
I watched the match...I really like to watch Romana playing...she moves well to the sides, but her footwoork when a fast ball comes right to her isn't great...she sometimes stays static and doesn't move to back...she needs to improve that. Her serve is another shot that needs more practice...she won few points thanks to her serve...

Her best shot, at least in these 2 days, was the backhand....and the drop-shot...she made cool drop-shots and some lobs...

And she likes to hits herself with her racquet when she's mad (which is almost everytime she loses a point - just kidding )
Cool, thanks for the report!
Great tourny for Romana, top 500 already!
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #20
country flag Butterfly1961

Butterfly1961 is an unknown quantity at this point

Een verslag stond op het forum van Voegele.

So I printed out a satellite image from Google Earth for directions and went to the Pestana (lit. "eyelash") Tennis Academy to check out the SF of the Beloura I 25K.

The venue is interesting. It stands in the middle of a recently developed upscale garden city, and is surprisingly cluttered. The Eyelash Academy was still running even as the tournament went on apparently - when I got there, two of the outdoor claycourts were being used for tennis lessons, and there were lots of club and pro players, coaches and other hangers-on milling about in a rather small area. The SF took place inside a dreary industrial storehouse/barn-like building, complete with large sliding door (kept open - no air conditioning). My first photo turned out completely dark, so I asked a lady with one of those big ass cameras who was right beside me to set my camera in a way I could take some halfway decent photos. I eventually settled at the academy's small bar, which overlooked the main court (which had no proper stands, only a few plastic chairs thrown about) and doubled as improvised players' lounge and Mariana Alves' office, and sat there surrounded by players, their eccentric looking coaches, a few assorted civilians, and a couple of fellows who were resupplying the vending machines.

Not much point in going into details about how the match went after so many days.

Match was scheduled for 11:30, but only began near noon, and went on for about two hours and a half, due to several injury timeouts to dress wounds on Janshen's knees, but also due to Janshen's endless stalling and nonstop gamesmanship. She did enough to get defaulted about 30 times - at one time turning to the clueless chair umpire and daring him to default her, going "Say it - code violation. Code violation. Go on and say it." after getting a point penalty for her second code violation warning (the first was for racquet abuse).

Vögele wasted a few BPs here and there, but Janshen was usually in control of the rallies, hitting harder, deeper and with more consistency. The outcome was never really in doubt, unless Janshen's level dropped dramatically.

Janshen served for the 1st set at 5*-3 but got broken to love; then wasted a SP on Vögele's serve at 6-5*, but closed it out in the TB.

2nd set opened with a colossal ace from Vögele, followed by an exchange of breaks. Janshen was awarded a point penalty when BP down, and thus Vögele got the opportunity to serve to close out the set at 3-5*, but she got broken and didn't win another game.

Scouting report:

Janshen is 19 y.o., and has only just begun to play challengers, with near immediate success. She's skilled and wily, using touch shots to good effect, and a decent mover and hitter for this level. Her BH is the closest thing she has to a weapon, and her serve is also not a liability (again, for this level). There's also a possibility that she was yet another one of those qualifiers who just went on a roll and during a week couldn't miss a shot even if they tried.

Vögele is a slight, unprepossessing, low-key girl who looks her age (17). It's so easy to forget that amazons such as Vaidisova are the exception rather than the rule.

Vögele's almost single weapon is her serve. Her service motion is textbook: quick, smooth and almost austere in its simplicity. Even on clay, it seems she can close out her service games with ease if she gets her 1st serve going.

Vögele's FH is club player level. She can't use it to attack, but it looks as if she's working to be able to use it to move the ball around at least. When forced to hit her FH on the move, she can only moonball or shank it badly. But she did hit a couple of surprisingly good running FHs late on the 2nd set. Her BH is a much stronger shot, but still not powerful enough to hit groundstroke winners, even against the likes of Janshen. Vögele won very few baseline rallies on this match. Plus she's at a loss as to what to do when she reaches the net, and her shot selection is poor.

Other quirks in Vögele's game:

- always positions herself to avoid her FH when returning serve; her ROS is always a deep BH.

- her 1st serve is always sliced down the T to the ad court, and nearly always sliced out wide to the deuce court. On occasion she will hit a big flat serve down the T to the deuce court, usually taking her opponent by surprise. Her 2nd serve is a reliable, decent kicker. Janshen seldom managed to attack it.

Wel interessant
Butterfly1961 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #21
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of

Weet iemand waarom we zo weinig van Romana horen?
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #22
country flag mauritsolei

mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkie View Post
Weet iemand waarom we zo weinig van Romana horen?
Hey dinkie vroeg me nu net hetzelfde af. Na wat zoeken heb ik dit artikel gevonden:

http://www.rotterdamtopsport.nl/nl/i...2054&Itemid=84

Romana heeft een verandering in haar coaching gemaakt en ze heeft enkele blessures gehad, ze hoopt mee te mogen doen op de masters in rotterdam xD
mauritsolei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #23
country flag fietsfred

fietsfred is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Romana Janshen

Goed bericht! Ik had ook al maanden niets over haar gevonden en was al bang dat ze gestopt was.
fietsfred is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #24
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

Wat een pech heeft Romana zeg met al die blessures.
Ik hoop dat ze volgend seizoen blessurevrij blijft.
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 09:52 PM   #25
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Wat een pech heeft Romana zeg met al die blessures.
Ik hoop dat ze volgend seizoen blessurevrij blijft.
mee eens.

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 10:06 AM   #26
country flag nlwtafan

nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold nlwtafan is a splendid one to behold

alweer lange tijd geen nieuws over Romana - weet iemand hoe het met haar gaat?
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #27
country flag mauritsolei

mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlwtafan View Post
alweer lange tijd geen nieuws over Romana - weet iemand hoe het met haar gaat?
heeej,

ja hoor als je naar de site van de knltb gaat dan zie je dat ze in de nederlandse competitie heeft gespeeld (dacht amstelpark samen met tamaëla) en in een henk timmer toernooi.

£Internationaal is mij ng niks bekend
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #28
country flag Brenda fan

Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of Brenda fan has much to be proud of

Romana is on the entry list of the itf tournament in Rotterdam
Brenda fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #29
country flag mauritsolei

hey guys,

Romana stands on the alternate list for Rotterdam

check: http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...order=Position

I'm sure she'll get a WC for qualifiying if not MD (she's from Rotterdam).
At least I shope she plays (so I can watch her)
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #30
country flag fietsfred

fietsfred is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Romana Janshen

Good to see Romana on the entrylist.Hope she really plays. I'm looking forward to it
fietsfred is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote