2007 Season - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2007, 10:57 AM   #1
country flag Donatello

Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all Donatello is a name known to all
Lightbulb 2007 Season

Just wanted to have an overview of Serena's season so far and look ahead as well.

Outdoor Season :
Hobart: 3rd round loss to S. Bammer
Australian Open: WON by beating M. Sharapova
skipped Dubai & Bangalore
Miami: WON by beating J. Henin
Clay Season :
Charleston: 2nd round pullout against T.Chan
skipped Berlin
Rome: QF loss to P. Schnyder
Roland Garros: QF loss to J. Henin
Grass
Wimbledon: 25/6 - 08/7

US Hardcourt Season:
Cincinnati: 16/7 - 22/7
L.A. : 06/8 - 12/8
US Open: 27/8 - 09/9
Indoor Season:
Hope she plays at all. (Tier I's: Zurich, Kremlin Cup perhaps). But she won't miss the
Sony Ericsson Championships: 05/11
Her entries in those hardcourt tournies have been confirmed. If I predict this correctly, she will be playing 6 more tournaments this year. Could be no.1 again by the end of the season, she'll have to win at least 1 Grand Slam and do well in all the other tournies. If she'll win another slam this year, she will equal Monica Seles in 9 slams troughout her career.

Knowing she'll probably have acting duties during September/Octobre, she'd have to make sure her tennis ranking is up to par , and so I'm definately convinced that's gonna happen !

Oh, and there's also Fed Cup in between, SF against Russia, she could meet Sharapova a lot of times this year . If Ree's seed at Wimbledon is 7 and Masha's 2, they could easily meet in the QF.

Last edited by Donatello : Jun 12th, 2007 at 04:29 PM.
Donatello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #2
country flag serenaforever
Queen.

serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Season

Are you sure Serena entered Stanford?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
we are ALL lessors under the LORD.
serenaforever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #3
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaFan17 View Post
Are you sure Serena entered Stanford?
Yeah, she's entered

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #4
Queen.

serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Yeah, she's entered
OK, I couldn't find her name on the official Stanford Site.
Quote:
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #5
country flag PatrickRyan
AKA Pacomexican

PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute PatrickRyan has a reputation beyond repute

She's had an excellent season so far! 1 Grand Slam and the biggest Tier I even. And she made if further at RG than I thought she would
PatrickRyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #6
Queen.

The clay court season wasn't what I thought it would be, but oh well.
Quote:
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #7
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

Clay season kind of sucked but its over now

||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #8
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomexican View Post
She's had an excellent season so far! 1 Grand Slam and the biggest Tier I even. And she made if further at RG than I thought she would
yeah I thought she might get knocked out by Safina. But kudos to Serena for having a pretty decent clay season for someone who has played so little on clay. Remember 3 clay court tounraments in 3 years. Keeping that in mind her results are pretty good.

Still I'm really hoping to see her moving better and faster around the court. Started to see that in Miami (b4 the final which was a disaster performance wise). I remember in her QF match against Vaidisova she hit a classic Serena winner on the run. I want to see more of that. If she wants to win Wimbledon and USO she's got to start moving a little faster. for USO & Wimbledon
starin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #9
Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Diva* View Post
Clay season kind of sucked but its over now
Yeah, until next year.
Quote:
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 05:42 AM   #10
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

well with these two surfaces coming up her serve will be more lethal than on the dreaded brick courts so she'll get more free points...but so far her season has been great...certainly better than the past 2

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #11
Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAmWiLlIaMs View Post
well with these two surfaces coming up her serve will be more lethal than on the dreaded brick courts so she'll get more free points...but so far her season has been great...certainly better than the past 2
Serena's whole game is more lethal on faster courts.
Quote:
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #12
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is but I particulary like to see her serve on the faster courts cause she seems more confident with it and is able to place it so well while serving so hard and fast

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #13
Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAmWiLlIaMs View Post
yes it is but I particulary like to see her serve on the faster courts cause she seems more confident with it and is able to place it so well while serving so hard and fast
Plus, a good serve sets the tone for the whole rally.
Quote:
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #14
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

I think her serve on clay is still a great weapon, remember all those love games against Henin when she was serving well? No-one else can stop Henin from gaining any points on their serves like that

Next year hopefully Serena will serve like that the whole match
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #15
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, does anyone know why Serena doesn't enter Toronto/Montreal anymore? It's a great tournament which she won in 2001 in that classic final, Id much rather she played there than San Diego
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote