$25,000 Mont de Marsan - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 01:01 PM   #1
country flag Alek

Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow $25,000 Mont de Marsan

$25,000 MONT DE MARSAN

Singles Main Draw
[1]Paula MASTERTON vs. Sophia SABATINI
Mazuelena MAJLANA vs. [5]Anabel CONDE-MARTINEZ

[8]Candela SANCHEZ-CONNELLY vs. WC Lucia RUIZ-GARRIGUES
Lindsay Anne SARILE vs. [3]Jane WONG

Daniela TURUNDZHOV vs. [7]Madonika Diva JAHFSON
[4]Gianna Adrianna DULKO vs. Maikano YAMDA-MIYACHI

[6]Adriana GONZALEZ vs. Qualifier
Caroline MENARD vs. [2]Bryanne APPLEGATE

Singles Qualifying Draw
Avril AVREV vs. Hong DA-JUNG

Doubles Main Draw
[1]Applegate/Dulko vs. Menard/Yamada-Miyachi
Ruiz-Garrigues/Sanchez-Connelly vs. [3]Conde-Martinez/Gonzalez

[4]Masterton/Sabatini vs. Majlana/Turundzhov
Avrev/Jahfson vs. [2]Da-Jung/Sarile

This surface is Clay
Points please send by PRIVATE MESSAGE
OR by MSN (Chat)

Deadline is tomorrow 4pm NY Time (thats why I accept by chat)
Alek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 01:06 PM   #2
country flag TatiAnnahølic

TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute
Hard Draw
TatiAnnahølic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2002, 04:53 PM   #3
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
First time playing a challenger tournament since Strasbourg last September for Bryanne Applegate!

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2002, 05:05 PM   #4
country flag Alberto

Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute
Good Luck Candela!!
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 05:52 AM   #5
country flag jd4eva

jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future jd4eva has a brilliant future
Interview with Daniela Turundzhov

Daniela Turundzhov is one of the most promising stars on the FWTT Tour. The 15 year old has continually improved and despite losing in the first round of Wimbledon, has been touted by many as a future champion.
We managed to meet the bubbly teenager and she had some interesting things to say on certain subjects:

On her tennis and current form:

I've always been an aggressive player, there's simply no other way for me. I've lost a lot of matches with that style, but I've also won a lot of matches playing like that. I'm basically a baseliner, but I have a pretty powerful serve and I am trying to incorporate a net game into my style. I think the Tour's very tough and a few losses are to be expected, especially at a Grand Slam. I was a little disappointed with my form at Wimbledon but I think I can only improve.

Her childhood:

I had a happy childhood. I was born in Yugoslavia and we moved to Australia was I was 7 because of the war. It was tough at first in Australia but after a while, we started to really love living there and I love being back home. I had a pretty balanced childhood, I did all the things the other kids did.

On the juniors:

Being in the juniors was tough, the standard was really high. I got to no 1 in the juniors in singles and doubles, which I'm eally proud of. I think it was a little tough, especially back home in Australia when I had to compete with girls who were sometimes 4-5 years older and most of the time I was the better player so there was always a jealousy. Even now I still don't get along with some of the Australian juniors. When we went to tournaments, I always preferred to train with girls from the other countries, if my normal partner Mirjana (Huubere) wasn't available.

On how she began playing:

I began playing tennis when I was 11, because my sister Jelena (Dokic) used to play and I used to follow her to the training. I used to get bored so I would just have a hit and after a while, I became more serious about it. I started to enter tournaments when I was 13, and I was winning quite a lot of them and soon I was selected to go overseas and here I am now!

On her close friends on Tour:

All the girls are really nice, and of course there are going to be a few that spoil the mood with their sourness but I get a long with most of the girls.
I'd have to say Mirjana (Huubere), Ana-Maria (Herrera), Barbara and Lara (Miele), Caroline (Spencer) and Fleur (Delacour) are probably the ones I am closest to on the junior circuit. On the pros, I am close to Marteena (Huubere) and Regla (Torres). I think it's a little harder with the older girls, they aren't accepting at first but I think that everyone gets along pretty well.

On her former homeland:

I love Yugoslavia, I mean it's a big part of who I am. I loe the culture, the people and just the country. I'll go back when I have some time and visit where I came from. I think that's importnat, but I'm Australian.

On her opponent, Jahfson:

She's a terrific player, you can't fault her on the court. She's going to be very tough to beat and she's the favourite. I have nothing to lose, I mean she's a very good player. I have my differences with her off the court, but she's good for the game and a good player so I respect her in that sense.

On boyfriends:

I have one , but I keep that private. I think it's important to have part of our lives to ourselves. (laughs)

Daniela Turundzhov reacts during a practise session with Jane Wong today.

jd4eva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:42 AM   #6
country flag Alek

Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute Alek has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't received points from:

* Hong Da-Jung
* Anabel Conde-Martinez
* Maikano Yamada-Miyachi
* Caroline Menard
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:43 AM   #7
country flag Alek

Some Results From Round #1

Paula MASTERTON def Sophia SABATINI 6-4 0-6 6-3

Lucia RUIZ-GARRIGUES def Candela SANCHEZ-CONNELLY 3-6 6-4 7-6(3)

Madonika Diva JAHFSON def Daniela TURUDNZHOV 5-7 7-5 7-6(4)

Jane WONG def. Lindsay Anne SARILE 6-2 1-6 6-4
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 11:21 AM   #8

TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute
Vamos Lucia!!!!

Last edited by Курни : Jul 5th, 2002 at 06:26 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 04:26 PM   #9

Spanish's Lucia Ruiz-Garrigues returns to the Spanish's Candela Sanchez at the Mont de Marsan, July 5, 2002. Ruiz-Garrigues won 3-6 6-4 7-6(3) to advance to the quarter finals.
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 05:26 PM   #10
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute
Paula
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 05:55 PM   #11
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Finally a win for Jane I wish Quentin was here to see it

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:18 PM   #12
MonikaVeronikaElectronika

MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light MonikaVeronikaElectronika is a glorious beacon of light
Madonika would like to congratulate Daniela on a well played match. Good luck this summer, maybe we can play doubles sometime.

a *DIVA* returns to the court
MonikaVeronikaElectronika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:55 PM   #13
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute
omg Madonika being nice?!?!??!

Paul
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 08:39 PM   #14
country flag Alberto

Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute
Candela
Old Jul 5th, 2002, 08:52 PM   #15
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
I know Paula i was shocked too!

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote