**Indire Akiki Chearing Thread** - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #91
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: **Indire Akiki Chearing Thread**

She is in the QF of 10k Dubrovnik this week and has a very nice chance to reach a semifinal as she plays qualifier next. I think she is going to reach her career high very soon.
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #92
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Indire is in the QF of the $10K in Egypt this week:

R1: Indire AKIKI (CRO) (5) defeated Sandra SAMIR (EGY) 6-2 7-6(4)
R2: Indire AKIKI (CRO) (5) efeated Yvonne NEUWIRTH (AUT) 5-7 7-5 6-4

QF: Indire AKIKI (CRO) (5) Vs Aminat KUSHKHOVA (RUS) (4)

She'll move up to a new CH ranking, from 495 to ~475-480.

Last edited by networthy : Apr 6th, 2012 at 04:45 AM.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #93
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Over the past year Indire has been making quiet but impressive progress in the rankings. Last April she was in the 720s while this week she's at 447, her CH ranking.

This week she's in the QF's of $10K Sibenik and once those points are counted she'll have a new CH ranking of ~440.

Indire has had an interesting, and somewhat unfortunate, career arc. She came pretty much out of nowhere in 2007 to end the year at #583, at age 16. Her W-L record that year was 21-12; she made the semis at three $10Ks and was the runner-up at two of those.

It looks like the pressure of early success got to her because she regressed in 2008, 2009 and 2010. Her W-L records those years were 19-17, 19-18 and 20-20 and her year-end rankings were 695, 601 and 707.

She didn't play between August 2010 and April 2011, but it looks like the time off allowed her to grow up and learn how to handle the pressure. She had an encouraging 2011, winning three $10Ks, amassing a 33-16 W-L record and finishing the year at #505.

It's sad that five years after reaching her first $10K final she's still struggling at the $10K level. But she's still young (not yet 21) and at least it looks like she has matured into a solid top-500 player.

Also, she seems like a hard worker and to have the resources to pursue her career seriously; last year she played 19 tournaments (in just seven months) and she played not only throughout Europe but also in the U.S. and Venezuela. It'll be interesting to see if she can take the next step and break into the top 400.

Last edited by networthy : Apr 6th, 2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #94
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see some encouraging news about her, honestly I wasn't following her progress lately. Seems like I'll have to check up on her more often
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #95
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

61 61 over Klepic in Sibenik QF.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #96
country flag networthy

^ Very nice result for Indire. With this she'll move to a CH ranking of 430-435.
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #97
country flag networthy

$10K Sibenik

SF: Indire AKIKI (CRO) [4] 7-6(7) 6-4 Hilda MELANDER (SWE) [5]

Good tournament for Indire--and she needed it, as she's defending 12 points in two weeks.

In the final she plays Srimp, who crushed Banovec 61 61 in the other SF.
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #98
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Won 75 62
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #99
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Great!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #100
country flag networthy

Congratulations to Indire!

She'll reach a new CH ranking around 415-420.

Keep going, Indire--good luck at Hvar!
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #101
country flag networthy

Sadly, Akiki retired from her R16 match at $10K Hvar in the second set--after winning the first one.

This is her third retirement in the past month and a half. That could mean that it's nothing serious and that she'll be back next week.

It could also mean the opposite: that there's something seriously wrong with her health/fitness, causing her to retire so often.

Hopefully it's the former.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #102
country flag networthy

Indire qualified for this week's $50K+ in Romania. Unfortunately she drew the #8 seed, Khromacheva, in R1 and lost (but it was close 76 64).

It's really too bad because if Indire had won she would have broken into the 300s for the first time. She's not defending big points until August so hopefully she'll get another chance.
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM   #103
country flag networthy

Let's not forget about our lesser players this week. Indire is into the SF at $10K Nis:

R32: (3) Indire AKIKI CRO d. (Q) Radina DIMITROVA BUL 60 60
R16: (3) Indire AKIKI CRO d. Csilla BORSANYI HUN 36 62 62
QF: (3) Indire AKIKI CRO d. (5) Hüliya ESEN TUR 60 60

Double bagels in two out of her three matches, including against a seeded player
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 01:16 PM   #104
country flag MKhromachev

MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all MKhromachev is a name known to all

she trashed Viktoriya Tomova 6:3 6:0 ... plays Gjorcheska or Kostic in the final .. should be a tougher challenge for Indire anyway
MKhromachev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM   #105
country flag networthy

^ Great!

That's five bagels in four matches