Kurumi Nara - Japan's New Star - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #76
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kurumi Nara & Misaki Doi

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu

Last edited by -sugi- : Nov 12th, 2007 at 02:36 PM.
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #77
oaki

oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sugi- View Post
WC Nara def. [5] Takao 62 62
[14] ? def. WC Doi 64 64

Kurumi !!!!!!

What a win for you!!! Come on.. you can go far in this tour!

Erika

Ayumi Morita | Tammarine Tanasugarn | Noppawan Lertcheewakarn | Misaki Doi | Kurumi Nara | Sachie Ishizu | Miyabi Inoue | Jie Zheng | Li Na
oaki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #78
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #79
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell, Erika?

Kurumi
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #80
country flag Kai

Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute

Kurumi
Kai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #81
country flag -sugi-

Round 3
WC Kurumi Nara def. [13] Tomoko Yonemura 62 16 63

What makes it more impressivei is Kurumi has played good players in all rounds into the quarters. Kuroda isn't bad, Takao and now Yonemura. Keep it up girl.

Old Nov 14th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #82
country flag -sugi-

Quarter Finals
WC Kurumi Nara vs [4] Junri Namigata
(I think its Junri she now plays )

Old Nov 15th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #83
country flag -sugi-

[4] Junri Namigata def. WC Kurumi Nara (Don't know score)
still a very good week for Kurumi.
If she stays in the top 10 by the end of the year in Juniors she will get exempts into Challenger MDS.

Old Nov 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #84
country flag Kai

Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute

Kurumi
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #85
country flag -sugi-

Nakamura won the tournament, defeating Namigata in the final.
But very promising looking start for Kurumi's career.

Old Nov 19th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #86
country flag -sugi-

I found this very nice article about the girls from their win over Pavlyuchenkova and Pervak from earlier this year.

http://communities.canada.com/montre...e-juniors.aspx

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there in the juniors
Great drama out on one of the smaller courts yesterday, where the No. 1-seeded junior girls' team of Anastasia Pavlyuenchova and Ksenia Pervak of Russia were taking on the unseeded team of Misaki Doi and Kurumi Nara of Japan.

It looked like a serious physical mismatch. But there was no doubt the Japanese girls can play.

While Pavlyuchenkova is ranked No. 1 in the world in the juniors, and Pervak No. 6 (they're both 16), the Japanese girls were no slouches, either.

Doi is ranked No. 63, and lost in the first round of singles qualifying. Nara, just 15, is ranked No. 20. They played together in Repentigny last week at the big junior event there, and waxed the Canadian team of Rebecca Marino and Khristina Blajkevitch 6-1 6-0.

Marino, you might remember, won the singles event.

Anyhow, the Japanese girls won the first set, and the Russian coaches were getting pretty fidgety. Pavlov Nicolaevich, Pervak's coach, was chain-smoking (and hiding it underneath the stands, which fooled no one.

The Japanese broke serve late in the second set, and easily served out a 6-4, 6-4 win.

Pavlyuchenkova, is not used to losing, She won the Australian Open singles this year, got to the quarter-finals at Wimbledon and the semis at the French.

But last year, she won both the U.S. Open and Australian, and got to the final of the French. In doubles, she came within one match of winning the Grand Slam, losing only the final of the U.S. Open. In three of those events, she played with Toronto's Sharon Fichman (winning two).

She got the what-for after this one from her coach/father.

Meanwhile, the Japanese team was all smiles, posing for photos and bowing each time someone took their picture:

Pervak's coach, Nicolaevich, was no less displeased:

But the Japanese just kept signing autographs. They have pretty short names, but it seemed as though they were signing first, middle and last names, full addresses and dates of birth - with great care and perfect penmanship.

There was a bow and a smile after each autograph, too.

It was really great stuff. And you didn't have to speak either language to appreciate it.

***UPDATE, Friday morning, 8 a.m.. The two Russian girls just stormed into Starbucks, nearly knocking over everything in their way - including me. Clearly, they STILL haven't gotten over it.

The Japanese team, by the way, won their quarter-final match 6-4 in the third set, and are now in the semis - still smiling.

Old Nov 21st, 2007, 04:07 PM   #87
country flag Kai

nice article
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #88
country flag -sugi-

pfff Kurumi isn't playing Australian Open juniors.
The list is weak - she would have been 2nd seed too.

Misaki is though, good luck to her.

Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #89
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sugi- View Post
pfff Kurumi isn't playing Australian Open juniors.
The list is weak - she would have been 2nd seed too.

Misaki is though, good luck to her.
I know I was so looking foward to it, because I could have seen some juniors on ESPN 360, but both entry lists suck.

Good luck Misaki
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #90
country flag -sugi-

Awww that sucks for you

I am just really disappointed. What makes it worse is the weak list meaning she could have gotten far.