Kristina Mladenovic !!!!! - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #166
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kristina Mladenovic !!!!!

Last 5 posts were from you.

Best of luck to Kristina.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #167
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Kristina comfortably won her first match 61 64 against Lazareva (185th) who is 3 years older than her. She needed 1h30 though, the first set was perfect, she didn't face any BPs. She struggled a bit more in the 2nd as she got broken twice. I hope she won't face any lapses of concentration in the next rounds.
Congrats Kristina .

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #168
country flag Natash.

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win against an older and perhaps more experienced players. Scoreline still looks nice.
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #169
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Kristina had to fight a bit more to take out qualifier Isabella Shinikova (outside of top 200), she won 62 75 but in 1h10 only. The match got interrupted by the rain in the middle of second set, she may have troubles to find her concentration afterwards. Still she is showing consistency and that's all we are asking for! I hope she improves her form though, she can surely do better than that.

Next match will be more interesting, either Adeline Gonçalvès who has a pretty big experience in juniors and ITFs or Laura Berlinecke who took out Zarina Diyas. Kristina is also in SF in doubles .

Cmon!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Apr 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #170
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Kristina reaches SF at home ! She struggled a bit more today winning 63 76 against Adeline, but I think this is pretty good considering how impressive her opponent was in the early rounds. She has more experience than Kristina as well. So this time, I'm truely satisfied!

Kiki should move forward a bit more with this good run. But I really hope she can have a first big upset of the year in next round, if she gets to play Ana Bogdan (n°10). I like her consistency, but beating top 100/200 girls is nothing spectacular for her at this point. Allez Kristina, fight for it!

Old Apr 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #171
country flag Iceland
From island to island

I have the honor to tell you that Kristina finally scored her first top 10 win & reaches her first final of the year, I am so proud of her!!!!!

She defeated Ana Bogdan 75 67 75 in 3h30, such a marathon that she managed to win. I'm really glad this time she managed to hold her nerves & to survive physically to such a long match. I have to say this is the longest one I have ever seen!
She will play against Klaudia Boczova in final who cruised during the whole week. No matter the result, this week has been truely amazing for her. Congrats Kristina, get some rest & take the title!!!!

Old Apr 12th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #172
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Kristina sadly had not enough energy to win, she lost 57 16 against Boczova. Her serve was completely off today. No way she could win with less than 50% of first serves. She also lost the double final. Great week still !

Old Apr 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #173
country flag Natash.

A shame but a great week nonetheless!
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 07:27 AM   #174
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Kristina is still in Istres draw, another G2 tournament. I wish she had withdrawn but she surely feels capable of winning some matches there.
She will face the most dangerous unseeded player in R1 : Laura Robson who pushed Ana Bogdan to her limits last week. Kristina will have to make her experience prevail ... Allez Kiki!

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #175
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Kristina enters top 50 this week at the 50th rank. All that before she turns 15 . Congrats on this first achievement ... and I'm sure it's only the beginning!

Last edited by Iceland : Apr 14th, 2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM   #176
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Impressive
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #177
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Time to open a thread about my favourite junior player.
She is born on 14.05.1993 and she is probably France's biggest hope.
She reached two times the QF in Les Petits As in Tarbes and she also won one Grade 3 title in Tunisia.

She is 259th in the juniors rank, which is quite impressive for such a young girl.
Kristina is very very tall for her age (more than 1m75) and she is known to hit amazing forehands. One of my friends who saw her playing compared her game to Mary's !!!
Quote:
Some pictures :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey91 View Post
48 min is the time for the last set and it's a bagel !

Kristina seems to be a 17 years old player but she is only 14 !!

Good luck in doubles with Amandine (another 1993 player).
Quote:
I am not sure but I would say that she has some Croatian origins.
Anyway, the French girls who come from Serbia Irena and Gracia are not very successful for the moment .
Yes Kristina is the favourite to take the title in the French Championships. If she reaches at least the last step, we will have a chance to see her as the FFT uploads all the finals.
But I have just discovered that the tournament is public and free. As I will be in holidays, I will try to come and watch her.
Quote:
The FFT wrote her profile for her final :

KRISTINA MLADENOVIC

(bat Charlène Seatun 6/0, 6/1 en demi-finales)
Née le 14 mai 1993 à Saint-Pol-sur-mer
1,82 m ; 60 kg
Droitière, revers à deux mains

Débuts : 7 ans
Classement français : -15 (intermédiaire)
Evolution du classement : 30/1 (2003), 15/4 (2004), 15/2 (intermédiaire 2004), 15 (2005), 4/6 (intermédiaire 2005), 1/6 (2006), -2/6 (intermédiaire 2006), -2/6 (2007)
Entraîneur actuel : Roch Vidal et Cyril Brechbuhl (physique) au pôle France de Roland-Garros
Entraîneurs précédents : Bernard Gombeau, Jean-Pierre Chombart, Jean-Paul Birou, Frédéric Jonas à la ligue des Flandres, et Jean Koffi en club.
Palmarès : vice-championne de France interligues 11 ans avec la ligue des Flandres, finaliste du Défi Tecnifibre en 2004, championne de France interligues 12 ans avec la ligue de Seine-et-Marne, vainqueur de l'Open des 10-12 du TCBB, du Passagespoirs et de la Raquette de Corail en 2005, finaliste du Défi Tecnifibre en 2005, quart de finaliste aux Petits As à Tarbes en 2006 et 2007, vainqueur du tournoi juniors de Sfax (Grade 3) en 2007.

Jeu
Surface favorite : "J'aime toutes les surfaces, mais je n'ai encore jamais joué sur gazon. Je me sens à l'aise sur terre battue".
Point fort : "Puissance au service"
Point à travailler : "Endurance physique"

Personnel
Club actuel : UMS Pontault Combault
Niveau d'études : passe en troisième (CNED)
Un frère de 11 ans
Hobbies : regarder des films, musique, internet, sports collectif, passer du temps en famille ou avec des amis.

Objectifs
2007 : "Je voulais faire beaucoup mieux aux Petits As. J'aimerais aussi améliorer mon classement ITF juniors, remporter les championnats de France et briller dans tous les tournois 14 ans et moins."
A long terme : "J'aimerais être numéro un mondiale, gagner des tournois du Grand Chelem et la Fed Cup".
Déclaration après la demi-finale : "Effectivement, ça s'est très bien passé en demi-finales. Mais ça ne s'est pas fait tout seul. Je fais beaucoup d'efforts et je prends toutes mes adversaires au sérieux. Elles n'ont rien à perdre. Moi je dois assumer mon statut de tête de série n°1. Pour l'instant je suis contente. Je n'ai pas de crainte pour la finale. Il faut juste que je sois aussi sérieuse face à Caroline qui est -2/6 que je l'ai été jusque-là".
I've always wondered who that girl in your avatar was !!

Nice to get more info. I don't believe she's only weighs 60kg at 1,82m though.

But dayum, she is tall. Hopefully, I'll get to see her on my tv to see what kind of game she really has.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #178
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kristina enters top 50 this week at the 50th rank. All that before she turns 15 . Congrats on this first achievement ... and I'm just it's only the beginning!
I must say I admire your dedication to this tennis player.

All your enthousiasm has peaked my curiosity. I wish I could see a match of hers. So she's just a power player? what is her game like?

GO all Canuck players GO
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #179
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post
I must say I admire your dedication to this tennis player.

All your enthousiasm has peaked my curiosity. I wish I could see a match of hers. So she's just a power player? what is her game like?
Thanks! I'm really happy that I aroused your curiosity because she really deserves to be known! She caught my attention by her origins, the fact that she was very promising in her U14 tournaments & also her height! So I decided to follow the evolution of her carrier and it's going pretty nicely . I always liked to find new talents, but Kristina immediately got me in her camp. This is probably because she reminds me of Mary in her personality.

Kristina is more of a hard hitter than a crafty player as Léolia Jeanjean is (another rising star in France, born in 1995), this is obviously due to her physical aptitudes. Her serve is her biggest asset I would say & then probably her forehand that can go extremely fast. I like the fact that beyond those qualities, she tries to construct points. But it's also her problem, sometimes she doesn't take enough risks IMO. She uses more her power to defend and surprise her opponent I would say. She is not like Gavrilova or Orlik the mini ballbashers-replicas of Sharapova.
I have to say that I only saw her twice, so I can't say much ^^.

I think I posted it already but this video is a little summary of her final of the French Championships (U14) against Vernet. She was a bit tense but there are some good points. http://www.fft.fr/Championnats-de-Fr...deo13ans-f.htm

Thanks for having posted here!

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #180
country flag hablo

Thanks for the vid. Very engaging personality. Seems a bit shy.

I chose to read the whole thread before watching it and posting my second comment. (I should have watched it first maybe! )

It's good that she likes to construct points. However, for her height, I find her a bit too skinny. Hopefully she will put more muscle on her frame, so she can last through long matches (like Sharapova had to do too). It's interesting that the players she likes are Sharapova and Golovin.

Let's hope she can be like Mary Pierce and win Roland Garos. Can she also put topspin on her FH though? In that vid, she seems to hit more flat and hard ? At least she looks confortable on clay. I wonder what her game will look like on grass...

Anyhow, I might have to keep an eye on this player through your thread (as you well know, we barely get any tennis coverage in Canada. She probably won't be on my tv for a looooooong time! ). So keep the updates coming.

GO all Canuck players GO