Kristina Mladenovic !!!!! - Page 119 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 06:13 PM   #1771
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of
Re: Kristina Mladenovic !!!!!

Kiki/Nestor lost to Shvedova/Soares. It sounds surprisingly but it's good because she can play qualifying of WTA Birmingham and prepare to this tournament. She should earned some good points on grass. She can do it. Allez!
[62]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[65]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 07:10 PM   #1772
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

All that optimism She played a really bad first match last year. I don't think it's gonna be different now. Just the next flop I think winning another title in mixed would have been the much better option. If I'm wrong, all the better, I wish I am, but I'm probably not.

That Soares is a mean one. IIRC, she had trouble returning his serve in the Wimby final, which you don't see very often
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 07:14 PM   #1773
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

You're all sounding like améliemomo all of a sudden Skoo, just when she's having her best result of the year. Weird.
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 07:33 PM   #1774
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

I got my hopes up and, of course, I was gutted afterwards. She won the third set against Riske after a little injury and it was also the first time she won two matches in a row this season. I thought maybe she got over a psychological obstacle after that and she's gonna be more consistent in the next round. And what does she do? 37% first serves in the first set, that's what

Plus, the victory over Na Li was not convincing. It was the same kind of match she loses "over details", only that now she won it. What if this detail, on set point for Na Li, would have gone in?

Yes, probably a straight sets loss. Muguruza caught Serena on a bad day and she had a convincing win over her and got to QF. Had Kiki done that, too, and it was surely possible, one would have a reason to be optimistic. As it is, nothing really changed. Sure, it's good that she will be back in top 100 (for at least a week) with these wins, but not much else to be glad about.

Oh, and had she lost with that score to a well-playing Petko, I would have also been happy. As you said, she showed she's got much more game than her, but she just had to play worse... kind of typical.

Last edited by Skoo : Jun 9th, 2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #1775
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of

Stephens vs BYE
Jie.Zheng vs Schiavone
Fichman vs Q
Q vs Riske
Zhang vs Q
Mladenovic vs Peer
Cetkovska vs Cadantu
BYE vs Rybarikova

Not bad draw
[62]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[65]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #1776
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Good draw, gooo Kiki!
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #1777
country flag Skoo

She needs more luck on her serve than with the draw. And now, without the atmosphere and a tough opponent, she's probably gonna be back to uninterested snail mode. But, yeah, I'm pretty confident she's gonna win at least one match. I'm not so convinced it won't take over two hours Her most convincing win this season was over Zhang, so maybe two. Well, surprise us!
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #1778
Not impressed.

Serve ain't no matter of luck, darling
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #1779
country flag Skoo

So she simply has a poor serve?
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #1780
Not impressed.

Not a poor serve, just a poor ball toss.
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 09:23 PM   #1781
country flag Skoo

So that implies that she's lucky to hit the ball in court, given how bad her toss is, right?
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #1782
Not impressed.

Not lucky... gifted... in a particular way! (same as Ana). Toss ain't a matter of luck either, though.
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #1783
country flag Skoo

Right, so, in a particular way, she's not gifted enough You just ruined all of my hopes
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #1784
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I love that description, skoo, uninterested snail mode. Sums up her mindset in quite a few matches, it's as if she can't summon the energy to do more than go through the motions. Monfils is similar in that way, he needs the crowd, atmosphere to help pump himself up, and he randomly loses energy in the middle of a match. Maybe they have underlying energy or health issues, or maybe it's just mental. Wonder if she will fix it sometime?
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 10:25 AM   #1785
country flag Skoo

The last time I saw her with that attitude was in Oeiras, and she was after six hours of qualies there. Maybe she already got rid of that attitude, but you can't tell right now, because she has only played two other MD matches besides RG.

I suppose that if after your apparent breakthrough, you start losing close matches left and right, you might get that attitude. It would be called learned helplessness. In interviews, she's overconfident, but that doesn't show on court. Even at RG, you could see how tense she was. But, of course, there might be some health/fitness issues. She barely got through her second match. Also, she was visibly leaner last year.

No way to know for sure what's going on, as you probably already implied. But she can allow herself to have that attitude from time to time if she can get some consistent performances otherwise. No sign of improvement in that department, unfortunately.