Kristina Mladenovic !!!!! - Page 113 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2014, 06:28 PM   #1681
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of
Re: Kristina Mladenovic !!!!!

Kristina will play against Kirilenko
[68]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[69]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:07 PM   #1682
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

A little bit of chance there
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:40 AM   #1683
country flag DANASAN

DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all

Love her back as well...

Old May 4th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #1684
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Lost to Kirilenko, 46 57.

Change given, chance not taken. A more positive attitude than in the previous tournament, but still too many UEs to matter. On to the next flop.
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #1685
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the uploader, some clips of Kristina in Madrid

Last edited by HowardH : May 6th, 2014 at 05:11 PM.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #1686
country flag DANASAN

DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all DANASAN is a name known to all

Kiki training in RG with Amandine Hesse...

Old May 7th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #1687
country flag Onslow

Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Did the ball actually go over the net??
Onslow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #1688
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
Did the ball actually go over the net??
Yes, and she won the point later. You can see it here. But she had a better one, a clear passing winner against CSN in Beijing. Unfortunately, no one was recording.
Old May 11th, 2014, 08:39 PM   #1689
country flag Skoo

Yeah, so she didn't qualify. And I suppose not many people care. Well, if you don't count Puig fans Apparently, she really wanted it:

@jakedavi5
The most vocal I've seen Mladenovic in a match, almost in tears in on court coaching.

Some disturbing statements here:

Interview with Kiki Mladenovic by @chriscottthomas in l'Equipe: (Still have a good feeling despite your loss?)

- Yes, but Maria Kirilenko played a good match in every department: service, return ... I didn't expect her level to be so good after coming back from injury. (Left knee injury in 2013, she's only played Charleston in 2014). I tried to fight in the second set, I was solid like I've been playing recently, but she made so few mistakes ...

(You've only won 4 times in the main draw this season. What's the coaching situation?)

- My situation with Rodolphe Gilbert is either suspended or ended (reached by phone, he had no comment, not having seen her in three months). It couldn't work. Looking back, I figured out that I'd surely wasted my time trying to find a coach. In the end, it wasn't fruitful or useful. I've had several bad experiences and I'm coming back to the structure I had at home. I have someone in Paris (won't say who) whom things work well with. And I feel better travelling like this, because, at the end of the day, with different coaches with different nationalities, there were a lot of misunderstandings. You always have to make them happy when they're supposed to make you happy! The relationship with a coach 24/7 is not always obvious. I don't think I'm a difficult person to live with on a daily basis, but they are! So, I'm starting again like before, with a few wins, feeling good and a better game.

(No coach is good enough?)

- The best coach I ever had is Georges Goven (before she turned 18 and was under the federal association). He gave me a lot but I got injured and he naturally was afraid that I wouldn't have more results and he stopped. Go back to him? (He quit coaching Alizé Cornet at Indian Wells.) It's complicated. Things are also happening in his private life. I met him at Indian Wells and he was unhappy. I think he needs a break. But in France on the women's side, he's the best.

---

The idea that coaches dump her had crossed my mind, to be honest. But hey, it's their fault. They are useless, anyway, since her game is getting better and better.

Last edited by Skoo : May 11th, 2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old May 12th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #1690
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

I dont like her tone there, her message, she doesnt need a coach?? who is she? Roger Federer perhaps? she's not aware of her weaknesses it seems everything is right now...

she deluded herself at the start of this year, taking that french coach, dont remember his name, dont think she 's that "solid" in her game today but come on a bit of humility kristina

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #1691
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of

Hope Goven will be her coach
[68]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[69]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #1692
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Kristina Mladenovic !!!!!

Such strange statements from Kristina.

Coaches are meant to make her happy? Is that their job?

It's actually clear from this that she is the one who is difficult to live with. There must be some underlying psychology at work in her that makes this the case.

Maybe her mindset is not that international? She basically says that she only wants to work with French coaches, probably because she feels comfortable with French people's way of thinking.

However if you look at top players it is clear that more and more of them are taking on international coaches in order to gain from knowledge in other parts of the world. They are looking for a coach who can help them, regardless of country.

Kristina needs to realize that becoming a solo coach for a single player is a big and also a scary move for a coach, coaches are usually like teachers who have many students. When they agree to become a touring coach, just your coach you have to cooperate with them a great deal because they are sacrificing coaching all of the other students to just work with you, all their eggs are in one basket so you need to do your part, it's a two-way thing, a bit like a marriage, you both have responsibilities to work together towards a common goal.

Comments like this will make many coaches wary of working with her in anything other than a temporary basis.

I think the way she thinks about Goven is probably more a matter of rose-tinted memories of her junior years rather than a n accurate assessment of coaching reality.

Last edited by HowardH : May 12th, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #1693
country flag Skoo

I looked up the interview in L'Équipe, thinking perhaps there's something lost in translation. It's not there, though. Odd. I don't believe it's made up (who does that, anyway?). I guess it was not published or something.

It wouldn't be the first time that she says something delusional about her current form and it correlates with her attitude on Twitter. She must be really thinking that (not-so-easy) wins over Rosolka, Barrois, Soler-Espinosa etc. actually mean something. It was also obvious that she doesn't have positive experiences with coaches, but I was struck by the silliness of those statements.

Unless there's some other interpretation of them (considering it's a real interview), I have completely lost hope that she will do something to get better. The last hope was that she might have a plan, but apparently not.
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #1694
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Such strange statements from Kristina.

Coaches are meant to make her happy? Is that their job?

It's actually clear from this that she is the one who is difficult to live with. There must be some underlying psychology at work in her that makes this the case.

Maybe her mindset is not that international? She basically says that she only wants to work with French coaches, probably because she feels comfortable with French people's way of thinking.

However if you look at top players it is clear that more and more of them are taking on international coaches in order to gain from knowledge in other parts of the world. They are looking for a coach who can help them, regardless of country.

Kristina needs to realize that becoming a solo coach for a single player is a big and also a scary move for a coach, coaches are usually like teachers who have many students. When they agree to become a touring coach, just your coach you have to cooperate with them a great deal because they are sacrificing coaching all of the other students to just work with you, all their eggs are in one basket so you need to do your part, it's a two-way thing, a bit like a marriage, you both have responsibilities to work together towards a common goal.

Comments like this will make many coaches wary of working with her in anything other than a temporary basis.

I think the way she thinks about Goven is probably more a matter of rose-tinted memories of her junior years rather than a n accurate assessment of coaching reality.
cant say it better. She was playing great with Thierry Ascione (former french player), she reached her best results with him, why dump him??? she tried Vemic, (also former atp player) and BAM DUMP! yes she must be annoying to coach and that doesnt surprise me when I read such things from her.

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 10:05 AM   #1695
country flag Skoo

Happy birthday!

She was #43 when she turned 20 Well, at least she gets some tabloid attention now, being a two-time GS champion