AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 14th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #106
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Akgul lost to Peer 6-1 6-4. She was down 6-1 5-1 and saved three match points to get back to 5-4 before Peer served it out. At least she fought well at the end. She had a lot of opportunities she didn't take, this could have been a much closer match.

Onto Miami, let's hope for a better draw.
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #107
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, well. Akgul is really not in Shahar's class as a player -- not yet, anyway. She was probably pretty nervous at first, too. I'm just glad to hear she battled to the end, and I'm sure she learned a lot from the match.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #108
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.
Re-reading what I wrote earlier, that was Maret Ani that Akgul was practicing with the first day. So hard to keep up with players, using an already-too-crowded brain.

================================================== ==========================

Well, I've had a long week at Indian Wells, and cannot imagine staying longer. All my favorite players are out, (and I've seen most of the others anyway) and I really cannot bear to watch another tennis ball bounce.

I'll have a day of sightseeing tomorrow, then I fly home on Tuesday.

You cannot imagine how hot it is here, and how long the days are with getting up and ready early, arriving and in line for tickets, then matches from 11AM to after dark. The weather is so strong - hot sun during the days then cool and windy at night. In both cases you have to physically fight the elements; nothing moderate here. And the time goes by so quickly........ so many things I wanted to do, but didn't get done (sightseeing, swimming, working out, reading, work, etc.)

Still, I've had a great time... it's just exhausting.

================================================== ==

Main thing to tell you is that I was able to meet and interview Akgul today!!

She is really wonderful to meet. Very beautiful, confident, intelligent, sophisticated, and interesting. I found we have some common interests and, perhaps, world view. I have taken a lot of notes, and will write them up very soon. I structured the interview with the main objective being to provide her an opportunity to tell her fans ("the world") any information she wanted to share about herself.

I will do it as soon as I can; probably within about one week.

drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #109
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
Hi everyone.

Main thing to tell you is that I was able to meet and interview Akgul today!!

She is really wonderful to meet. Very beautiful, confident, intelligent, sophisticated, and interesting. I found we have some common interests and, perhaps, world view. I have taken a lot of notes, and will write them up very soon. I structured the interview with the main objective being to provide her an opportunity to tell her fans ("the world") any information she wanted to share about herself.

I will do it as soon as I can; probably within about one week.

WOW! Can't wait to read your report. What a week you had; thank you so much for taking the trouble to share everything with us all.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 06:58 AM   #110
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie janie View Post
WOW! Can't wait to read your report. What a week you had; thank you so much for taking the trouble to share everything with us all.
P.S. She left for Miami today. So will be there from Thursday on.
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM   #111
auntie janie

I hope you got a chance to tell Akgul that she has some wildly enthusiastic fans.
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #112
country flag drake3781

Please go to this thread and add your name to support a Forum for Akgul.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.p...1#post12783667
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #113
country flag OohZuzana

OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future

I am a huge Akgul fan! I was at her match with Peer, and was cheering wildly for her! She lost, but she made a nice little run.

Drake, I bet you heard me .
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #114
country flag drake3781

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohZuzana View Post
I am a huge Akgul fan! I was at her match with Peer, and was cheering wildly for her! She lost, but she made a nice little run.

Drake, I bet you heard me .
Maybe! I heard a few other fans!!

Can you please go to the link above to request the forum?
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #115
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

I requested the forum.

Akgul plays tomorrow in the first round of Miami against another of my favorites, Angelique Kerber.

I still want Akgul to win this one, and she should, being the higher-ranked player with more confidence.

Go Akgul!
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #116
country flag OohZuzana

OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future

I added my name!

I didn't get enough pictures of Akgul vs. Peer Only this one:

Old Mar 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #117
country flag iPatty

Akgul lost 7-5 6-1 to Kerber. She had so many opportunities in the match, especially the first set, that after she lost it she was never the same. This was one of the better first rounds she could have gotten, but Angie finally seems to be coming out of her slump, so this loss isn't too bad. I just wish she would have taken her chances, this would have been a straight set victory and 30 points for her ranking.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 10:47 PM   #118
auntie janie

Thanks for the pic and welcome to the thread, OohZuzana.

Akgul's match today Oh, well, just not her day.

Anyone know if she's she playing doubles here? I hope so.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #119
country flag iPatty

I don't think she is, Janie.

I added Akgul on Facebook today, so hopefully I will be able to correspond with her as she travels the world.
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 04:48 AM   #120
country flag drake3781

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohZuzana View Post
I added my name!

I didn't get enough pictures of Akgul vs. Peer Only this one:

I only got a few lousy shots of her too, at Indian Wells. I was looking back at my photos and couldn't believe I had only those bad ones (blurry, too far away, etc.). And worst of all, when I was preparing for my interview, I reminded myself to take some photos to go with it, and then I completely forgot.