AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #91
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Yes, amazing
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #92
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Akgul lost 4-6 6-4 7-6(1) to Patty Schnyder.

I can't say I am disappointed with the result, but I am glad Akgul got her first really good match against a top player, and was so close! I hope this gives her a lot of confidence for the future.
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #93
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so, too. Very exciting to see she's now ranked 69th!
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #94
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Indian Wells 1R: Akgul Amanmuradova vs. Anastassia Rodionova

Hmm, tough match for Akgul. I hope she has confidence from Bangalore and can dispatch of this Russian confidently. Come on Akgul.

I am looking forward to Drake's report.
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #95
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I just want to tell you that I saw Akgul practicing yesterday and today.

I was really excited to see her yesterday and called out Akgul! Good luck! She seemed not to want any fan to interface with her. . So maybe I'll rethink my support... but for now I'll keep watching her.

She has a coach. He is a really happy and nice guy, much shorter than she is , no idea who he is, but nice to see her with somebody .

She is hitting with another player and that player's coach. I was thinking maybe Tulyaganova, but I don't know what she looks like, and anyway it was probably not her. Seems a lot of players are just mixing up practice partners early this week.

Her practices were just "OK": in my opinion, could have seen a harder workout or more drills; a bit more structure.

She has lost a bit of weight around the middle since I saw her last summer.

You know she is in MD, near the bottom of the entries there. Still, exciting to be in a MD direct!

drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #96
auntie janie

Thanks, drake! I'm looking forward to more Akgul reports from you, especially on today's defeat of the bitch queen of tennis! I hope Akgul was feeling a little more fan-friendly after that win.

I bet she's just not used to fans; I bet she's shy. Or maybe she has PMS! Or maybe drunken fans have taunted her in the past, so she's leary of all fans.
Hey, I can think of any number of excellent explanations for her chilliness!
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 01:01 AM   #97
country flag iPatty

Indian Wells 1R: Akgul Amanmuradova d. Anastasia Rodionova 6-4 6-3

Like auntie janie said, that's a fine win.

Keep it going, Akgul! She plays Shahar Peer in the next round. She is in with a shot, I hope she plays well.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 05:04 AM   #98
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Urgent!! I may have a chance to interview Akgul, in the next few days. Either in person, or probably can get some questions answered by email.

Please help me get some questions together. List your top questions for her here. Please general interest questions; not details about a tournament or a match.

Thanks so much!!
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 07:49 AM   #99
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Is she a cat or dog person?
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #100
country flag iPatty

1. What is the best part about being on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour?

2. What motivates you to get up everyday and work hard, knowing that there are other things you could be doing with your life?
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #101
auntie janie

How exciting for you! And for us!

Here are my burning questions for the Gentle Giant:

What does she think was the main factor in her meteoric rise from challenger player to top-100 regular? Coaching, improved fitness, money for travel?

Who is her coach? Does he travel with her always? If not, does she travel alone the rest of the time, or with a hitting partner, relative, friend?

What was the hardest part about making the transition from challengers to Tour events?

Who are her friends on the Tour? (I can't believe I'm asking this junior-high type question! )

As a player who is pretty new to Tour-level events, does she find the other Tour players to be helpful and friendly, or standoffish? Have the Tour officials been helpful to her in making her transition to the Tour?

What is her favorite city she has been to?
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #102
auntie janie

More:

What is her favorite playing surface?

Did she ever envision she'd reach the top 100 when she started out?

What are her goals for this year?

What are the strengths and weaknesses in her game? What is she working on the most?

Where does she practice in the off-season?

Does she return to Uzbekistan often? Is she getting famous there?

Okay, that's a lot. You can pick and choose and ask any of these you like; I know you can't ask them all!
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #103
country flag Mike_T

Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute

Ask if she knows Iroda’s bra size. Thanks.

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
____ VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB ____
Mike_T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #104
country flag drake3781

I'll be seeing her match vs Peer tomorrow. Wish her luck!!
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #105
country flag iPatty

Looks like you won't be enjoying it, either.

1-6 0-1* against Peer at the moment. Hope she can turn it around.