AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 11:32 AM   #16
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Akgul got off to a terrible start and lost the first set 1-6. Then somehow she recovered, and won the 2nd set 6-3. Now it's a very tight battle in the 3rd -- can Akgul hold on to her early break? Her serve is under tremendous pressure every game now, as Sorana is also a great fighter ... Hang on, Akgul!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 02:33 PM   #17
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Akgul won again.

She's made a nice transition from clay to grass. Hopefully she beats Szavay and qualifies again.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM   #18
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

I am already so impressed with what she's done so far.

Aggie will be tough ... will be a great experience for Akgul and I hope she can win again. Why not?
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #19
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

I saw last year i guess in Internet, in a match against Tammy and i was quite impressive (not only her look )
She has the game to do damage on grass, with that serve, her slice backhand and her frencuently net game.

I m so happy that she beat that bitch in second round , so the people on GM dont start thread, "the star", next number one and another comments.

Go Akgul

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 10:40 AM   #20
auntie janie

She has lost the first set to Aggie 1-6. Why did she have to draw the top seed?
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 01:59 PM   #21
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

She lost really badly to Szavay.

Maybe she'll get a LL spot. But perhaps she just needs more practice on grass.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:42 AM   #22
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she can stay and watch some other players. You can really learn a lot just by watching. Then she can practice too.

Please stay and watch the matches!!! And practice on the grass!!!
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 11:54 AM   #23
auntie janie

Akgul is on the entry lists for various USA WTA events this summer, not just Tier 3 Cincy, but Stanford and San Diego, too.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #24
auntie janie

Akgul is top qualy seed in Cincy, and has a bye in the first round. I hope we'll get some in-person reports on Akgul's matches this week.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #25
country flag iPatty

will she make the cut for san diego qualies?

and good luck in cincinatti, akgul.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #26
auntie janie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty. View Post
will she make the cut for san diego qualies?
I think so. Thanks to her new ranking, Akgul was 15th on the original qualy-alternates list. And there are always dozens of dropouts, so I'm pretty confident she'll get in.

Today (any minute now) she plays Leanne Baker of New Zealand. Leanne won her first-round match yesterday in about 40 minutes, so she's clearly in good form. Should be interesting! And I think we'll get a match report from a fellow Akgul fan later on.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 02:37 PM   #27
auntie janie

Akgul is struggling early -- does she ever get off to a good start? Down 1-4 in less than 20 minutes.

There, she held for 2-4. It's just one break, so ...
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #28
auntie janie

The giant has awakened! 26 63 61 in 1 1/2 hours -- nice recovery, Akgul!
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #29
country flag iPatty

akgul won 6-3, 6-4 today against some girl with a long last name.

she has now qualified for the MD. keep getting those points and money, akgul!
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #30
auntie janie

This is a nice improvement over last year in Cincinnati -- then she lost her first qualy match 36 36 to Carly Gullickson. I think she's a much better player now, even if she does start out a little slowly in a lot of matches. It probably just takes a while to completely warm up when you're so tall.