AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2009, 11:30 AM   #241
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #242
country flag Elisse

Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!!!

I'm webmaster/designer of Akgul's Official Website - not sure if any of you have visited the site yet, but hope you all will visit us over there!! We have a great photo gallery with loads of exclusive photos, eventually we'll be running competitions over there, will have exclusive videos, blog etc....at the moment though we are still pretty new!

http://www.akgulamanmuradova.com/

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know - we now have a new section on the website called 'Ask Akgul' So if any of you have got questions that you would like to ask Akgul about life on the Tour/her tennis etc.....please send them to.... webmaster@akgulamanmuradova.com ....and I'll post Akgul's answers over on the site!!!

Anyway, hope you all like the website!!!
Facebook: Support Uzbekistan Tennis Team in 2014
Twitter: http://twitter.com/elissetennis <--- Live Tweeting from...Eastbourne 2014
- I went to Tashkent Open...yesss TASHKENT!!!! -
Davai-Akgul (3)Amanmuradova/Daniilidou (UZB/GRE) #MyDreamTeam
Elisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #243
country flag bavaria86

bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks you very much Elisse the website is really cool
Akgul must be proud to have fans like you

Sabina Sharipova - Nigina Abduraimova

Vika-Carla-Mariajo-Sabine-Julia-Andrea-Marina-Tamira-Virginie
bavaria86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #244
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Thanks, Elisse. That's fantastic. I'll spend more time checking out her site in the next few days; I had trouble getting the photos to come up for me.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #245
country flag Elisse

Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute Elisse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, bavaria!!! That's very kind of you!!

So happy that you liked the site!!!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/elissetennis <--- Live Tweeting from...Eastbourne 2014
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #246
country flag Elisse

Hi janie - thanks so much to you too!!! Good to hear that you'll be spending some time on the website! About the gallery...sorry about that, please give it a chance to load though because of the heavy graphics, it works best on a fast connection but usually it works fine (I admit the other day it was a bit slow for me, I think the server was having problems ) It seems to be loading fine at the moment though! (Let me know if you are still having problems and I'll try come up with a solution)
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #247
country flag Elisse

At the moment, we have about 400 photos in the gallery - including my own photos that I took at RG, Wimbledon, Poitiers and Dubai this year (still have LOADS more of my own photos to upload though )

And newly added today some photos and a great little video taken by a friend of mine at Ponte Vedre last week
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #248
auntie janie

I looked at the Dubai pics today and had no problems at all, so, you were right, Elisse, it was probably just a temporary glitch. Very nice pics! Such cute close-ups of Akgul's face when she's smiling, laughing, etc. These are some of the best Akgul photos I've ever seen, and I've been following her for a few years now. Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Akgul's first-round opponent in Charleston is wild card Alexandra Stevenson. Stevenson is not a very good player, but last year she did well in Charleston, so she's going to be feeling good going into this. Akgul's the exact opposite; she's had a rough start to her season, as everyone here knows, so she's probably not feeling too confident right now. She'll also have the crowd against her (if there is much of a crowd for round 1!) She really needs to get her serve going and do everything possible to keep Alex out of position as much as possible. Keep on your toes, Akgul! You can win this one but you'll have to stay sharp and not let Alex get on a roll. But even if she does get on a roll, don't let up; you can still knock her off it, so fight very hard till the last point is over -- Alex might retire!
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #249
auntie janie

Thumbs up Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Woohoo, Akgul won! I didn't really expect it. Straight sets, too: a convincing 62 64 in 1 hr 22 minutes. 4 aces, only 2 DFs. Keep going, Akgul! Maybe this is the week you'll hit your stride.
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM   #250
country flag Phil=)

Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future Phil=) has a brilliant future

Peng def. Amanmuradova 7-5 2-6 7-5
It was so close . But it was agood tournament. Hopefully the year turns better now.
SF: Doubles Sunderland, Kuala Lumpur
Singles: 83// Doubles: 59 (partnering: flareon)
Titles overall(ITF): Singles: 1 (1), Doubles: 12 (5)
Phil=) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #251
auntie janie

Arrow Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Akgul was injured in Dothan and had to withdraw from the 50K in Charlottesville this week.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #252
country flag bavaria86

bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it isnt too serious

Sabina Sharipova - Nigina Abduraimova

Vika-Carla-Mariajo-Sabine-Julia-Andrea-Marina-Tamira-Virginie
bavaria86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 04:39 AM   #253
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of injury? Get well soon.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #254
country flag Elisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie janie View Post
Very nice pics! Such cute close-ups of Akgul's face when she's smiling, laughing, etc. These are some of the best Akgul photos I've ever seen, and I've been following her for a few years now. Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, janie!!! That's very kind of you!! So happy that you liked my photos...it's always fun to take pics of her!!!
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #255
country flag Elisse

Just come back from Madrid Saw Akgul play a few times there and got loads of new photos for the website!!! Also took some little videos of her too. Here is a video from her first practise session in Madrid....

Saw her matches there - she was awesome in the qualies, she played with such confidence and totally demolished Ana Bogdan in the QR2 Weather conditions for that match were terrible! Raining, windy....in fact it was so windy the clay was blowing everywhere....as bad as a sand-storm..couldn't see NOTHING! Finally play started and she just handled the conditions so well!!!

Also saw her R1 match against Lourdes Dominguez Lino...what a match! It was so close! Honestly Akgul played the best of the two....she played some of the most amazing tennis!!! Lourdes was luckier with the line calls etc... and that was what made the difference. Felt so proud of her and proud to be there supporting her!!!

btw - Only got the videos online at the moment, hoping to get the new pics online sometimes this week!!