AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #226
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Ah, thanks! This time I saw your post quickly.

Here's the interview, for anyone too lazy to use the link :

Interview with Akgul Amanmuradova

It has been a long journey for the Uzbek player Akgul Amanmuradova , from playing the $5000 tennis circuits to playing at WTA. Her participation at this year's Olympics at Beijing, being in the top 50 in the middle of the year and being awarded the highest sports prize by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan have been a few memorable moments in her career this year.
After her unexpected loss to Urszula Radwanska at the Tashkent open, Akgul was disappointed but agreed to do an interview with the media team.

Q. You reached the finals in 2005 and the whole nation expected good results from you and repeat of the performance, how does it feel at the loss?
Ans: It's entirely my fault and I'm very angry with myself for not taken chances in the first set tie break. At this level these mistakes are unpardonable and it is shame for me to lose in my hometown.
But I had tremendous pressure of my country on me before I went to play and admit that I could not handle the pressure, and I apologize to the fans for my performance.

Q. But the whole crowds had supported you in 2005 and you just rode the wave then?
Ans. I used the energy of the crowds to generate positive energy for myself and performed better, also I had nothing to lose , but now , with some good results , I was expected to perform better and the pressure got to me.

Q. As a player who played in smaller events just a couple of years back to now a regular player on the WTA tour , how has life changed for you ?
Ans. It has been a total change for me from before playing small events , I had to travel in buses in many places and face hardships, but now the WTA tour is more professional, stylish and it is totally different.

Q. So how has been the year for you so far?

Ans. Probably this is the best year for me , but I admit that I'm very tired person and would really like to finish the season early, I'm physically exhausted. I had dreamt to play Olympics and worked very hard to wards it. I played many tournaments and got to the Top 50 in the world and became eligible to play the Olympics which is every players dream.
I had some good wins ,am playing at the centre court of the US open was the icing on the cake . But frankly I'm very tired and want time to recover, But I have to play a few events as I have some points to defend.

Q. What are your plans for the next season, have you decided your goal.
Ans: This year the goal was to play Olympics and I achieved it, Next year my coach and me have made a strategy to play and work very hard
We have planned a lot of training also, Because as I realized that to be in the Top 50 you have to be sharp every week , you have to win every week or ranking goes down very fast , for good performance you need hard training. I have to focus, work hard and improve my game, so when it s time to play tough matches, my training will come in use.
Still I have no thought about my ranking goals but surely my aim is to get back to top 50 and not just get there, but get better and move till top 30 at least.
auntie janie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #227
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Funny pic.

I'm sad to see that she feels like she has to keep playing despite her exhaustion. How can she expect to defend these points she's worried about when she's not feeling good? She lost in the 2nd round last week and now she's back out there, in Bratislava, of all places. Another ITF event, but least this one provides hospitality.
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #228
auntie janie

Arrow Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

The *NEW DREAM TEAM*, that is, Akgul and Monica Niculescu, has moved into the semis in Bratislava. Their semifinal opponents will be the formidable top seeds, Benesova and Zahlavova Strycova, so their run is very likely to stop here, but it's still great to see that Akgul got to enjoy a couple of doubles wins after her heartbreaker first-round singles loss (she lost to 5th seed Rybarikova in 2 tiebreak sets ). Good luck in the SFs, Akgul! You've got nothing to lose, so just have a great time and go for it!
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 06:03 AM   #229
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Planning to work and train hard next year, and get into Top 30! .... I wonder if that's the same coach she had in the spring... his name is Steeve. Hope so.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 08:50 AM   #230
country flag Mike_T

Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute

Akgul: “They say I have a poor backstroke?!? No way! Check THIS out!”

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
____ VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB ____

Last edited by Mike_T : Nov 14th, 2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: caption
Mike_T is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2008, 05:02 PM   #231
auntie janie

What a great pic!

Meanwhile, in the Bratislava dubs semis, Akgul and Monica shocked the top seeds Benesova / Z. Strycova, 4-6 6-2 [10-7].

Unfortunately their run was ended in the final by 4th seeds Hlavackova and Hradecka, 7-6(1) 6-1. Still an amazing week for them and I hope they'll play together again often; they're an intriguing pair.
Old Nov 1st, 2008, 09:28 PM   #232
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

I'm luvin that pic! Akgul seems to be such a sweet natured girl .
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #233
country flag OohZuzana

OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future

Akgul is the friendliest player on tour. She even wrote on my facebook wall!
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #234
auntie janie

Akgul is on the entry lists for Brisbane and Hobart. As well as the AO main draw, of course.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM   #235
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Vote for an Akgul Amanmuradova player forum here:
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=336981

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:59 AM   #236
auntie janie

Arrow Re: AKGUL! The Gentle Giant's Wildly Enthusiastic Fan Zone

Akgul got crushed (by Melinda Czink! ) in her first match of the year, losing 16 26 in Brisbane qualies. Not the most auspicious start for the gentle giant!

Oh, well, that's sports. She's playing doubles, so maybe she can make her mark there:

R1:
Jugic-Salkic/Peng (BIH/CHN) v Amanmuradova/Fedak (UZB/UKR)
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #237
auntie janie

Tough draw for Akgul in the Pattaya main draw: she starts against 6th seed Tammy Tanasugarn, who is definitely used to the climate there and will have all the crowd support. Just concentrate, Akgul! You've got nothing to lose.
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #238
country flag OohZuzana

OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future OohZuzana has a brilliant future

Aww, Tammy is one of Akgul's best friends on the tour, this won't be a fun match for her .
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #239
auntie janie

Good luck to Akgul in IW qualies later today.
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #240
country flag bavaria86

bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute

Akgul won first round 3:6 6:4 7:5
nice fight

Sabina Sharipova - Nigina Abduraimova

Vika-Carla-Mariajo-Sabine-Julia-Andrea-Marina-Tamira-Virginie
bavaria86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote