Lucie's Articles Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #1
country flag Ashie_87

Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all
Lucie's Articles Thread

I didn't see one of these, apologies if there was one and I wasn't looking hard enough

From the June '07 Australian Tennis Magazine (Massive article about Tomas, this was also there)

He Loves Lucy
(still trying to figure out if this is a pun on the I love Lucy show or if it's a typo )

With his pleasant nature, good looks and impressive career, Tomas Berdych is the kind of guy you'd love to take home to Mum...but sorry girls, he's very much taken. For several years Berdych has been in a steady relationship with Lucie Safarova, a top 30 player on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

The couple, who first met as juniors ("I was maybe just 10 or 11 years old" says Berdych), is now one of the highest profile pairings in the game. Berdych says he has no problem with the fact that his relationship is such a public one.

"Always you can find some people that are nice (about it)" he says, before adding that sharing a relationship with another player has some distinct benefits. "I have to say that it's maybe better, that it's an advantage because we know each other and we know what tennis is. You know when you are travelling and you are not at home and you are practicing or whatever."

Berdych and Safarova recently teamed up to represent the Czech Republic in the Hyundai Hopman Cup and were thrilled when they both achieved fourth-round results at Australian Open 2007. [edit: except Lucie went further and got to the quarters.....]

After progressing to the Monte Carlo semi-finals last month, Berdych travelled to Bratislava in the Slovak Republic to support Lucie in Fed Cup. When ATP and WTA Tours take separate paths, Berdych and Safarova remain in close contact.

"Lucie and I text message, make phone calls and now all the time use Skype. It's very good. You can spend so much time on that," Berdych wrote on a blog that appeared on atptennis.com earlier this year. "We go to some tournaments together during the season, like Indian Wells, Miami then all four Grand Slams. We try before some big tournaments like the US Open to go one week before. So I think anyway it can be better, it can be worse. But if it's like this I'm happy."

The Posse:
Lucie Safarova, Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic, Casey Dellacqua, Sabine Lisicki
Tomas Berdych, Marcos Baghdatis, Novak Djokovic, Bernard Tomic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Tommy Haas, Jurgen Melzer

"Legend....wait for it.....ary"

Last edited by Ashie_87 : May 27th, 2007 at 09:24 AM.
Ashie_87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2007, 07:46 AM   #2
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie's Articles Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashie_87 View Post

Berdych and Safarova recently teamed up ti represent the Czech Republic in the Hyundai Hopman Cup and were thrilled when they both achieved fourth-round results at Australian Open 2007.
Don't know if the title is a typo or a play on words...
But that result is definitely wrong!!
Quarter Final thankyou
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #3
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

The title seems like a play on words.

A rather cute article omitting the mistake of Lucie's AO result.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #4
country flag Ashie_87

Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all Ashie_87 is a name known to all

yeah the typo there confused me, I thought I better type it exactly as it was....I'll just change it

The Posse:
Tomas Berdych, Marcos Baghdatis, Novak Djokovic, Bernard Tomic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Tommy Haas, Jurgen Melzer

Old Oct 15th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #5
country flag nouf

nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by nouf : Oct 16th, 2007 at 08:21 AM.
nouf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:50 AM   #6
country flag Ashie_87

From this week's New Idea magazine (please keep in mind this is one of "those" weekly women's magazine)

Game of Love

Young Czech tennis stars Tomas Berdych and Lucie Safarova are soulmates on and off the court.

The ultimate love match between tennis aces Tomas Berdych and Lucie Safarova gives the young couple the best of both worlds as they face all the hefty demands of their sport. These lovers from the Czech Republic found their prize-each other-five years ago while training in their hometown of Prostejov.

Now, as they both make headline appearances in the 2008 Australian Open and contest a grueling 10-month-a-year professional tennis circuit, the childhood sweethearts have the perfect support system.

"It's an advantage to be together on tour," Lucie says. "The other players are the only people who know what you're going through, so to have your partner there's great."

Tomas, 22, and Lucie, 20, are both rising through the world tennis ranks, and joke that they can get competitive comparing their careers. But they admit to feeling each other's successes and disappointments.

"When Lucie has a good result it's exciting for me," Tomas says. "I know how hard she works and what she's gone through, and she supports me in the same way."

Tomas and Lucie say that despite their high-pressure lifestyles, they never fight. While tennis partners can often be fixtures courtside, such as Lleyton Hewitt's wife Bec, the gorgeous Czech duo are often playing simultaneously on neighbouring courts.

Growing up in Prostejov, a town of about 50,000 people in the country's east, Tomas says their tennis community was tight-knit. Both players studied through an equivalent of home-schooling, so they made their friends while playing sport.

"It's not a very big town and there aren't that many people playing tennis, so we knew of each other very early on," Tomas says.

"We know the key to a great relationship is communication, and we have no problem there."

For Tomas, ranked 14th in the world, 2008 is tipped as the year he'll win a grand slam title. Left-handed Lucie, 23rd in the women's tennis ranks, is constantly improving and a feared underdog against more glamorous top-ranking opponents.

Lucie derailed Alicia Molik's comeback hopes in Sydney recently with a two-set victory against her-and has high hopes for the Australian Open.

"At the moment, tennis is our life. It's our career and number-one priority," Lucie says. "But we can separate our career from our personal life- you have to."

As for the inevitable sound of wedding bells, Tomas and Lucie agree there's plenty of time for that. "For us, marriage wouldn't change anything," Lucie says.

The Posse:

Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:10 AM   #7
country flag tomasandLucie

tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice tomasandLucie is just really nice

^ with that artical their are 2 pics of them also

Fed Cup: Go Czechs!!!
Lucie's Lookout
tomasandLucie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:09 AM   #8
country flag Ashie_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasandLucie View Post
^ with that artical their are 2 pics of them also
My scanner has decided to go on strike...again Nice pics though. The interview must have been done on the same day as the Myer autograph session cause they're wearing the same clothes

The Posse:

Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:05 AM   #9
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Lucie & Thomas are so sweet its a pity Lucie lost in the first round

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 02:50 AM   #10
country flag honey1611

honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice honey1611 is just really nice

Here is a scan of the article from New Idea (just click on it to make it bigger)

Last edited by honey1611 : Jan 25th, 2008 at 10:14 PM.
honey1611 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote