Su-wei Hsieh New Start Cheering Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #61
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Su-wei Hsieh New Start Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanTennisFan View Post
Ummm very tough 1st round match...Su-wei could win the match if she is 100% and focused.
If she WANTS to win she can but that is the question..does she want to win or not?

I think she had a good chance to win but she would need to win or make the final to enter the top 100 I think.
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #62
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

With better scheduling these last few weeks, Su-Wei could have made the Top 100 by now...

Let's hope she's able to win at least 2 matches this week...
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #63
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future

good luck Su-Wei
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 05:51 PM   #64
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
With better scheduling these last few weeks, Su-Wei could have made the Top 100 by now...

Let's hope she's able to win at least 2 matches this week...
You're right.She should've played some smaller tournies or ITFs.It would give her better chance for spots into MD directly in the upcoming Asian events.

And,well,if she manage to go through Fedak,then her second round won't be a problem I think.

Yung-Jan Chan ∞ Simona Halep Caroline Wozniacki Su-Wei Hsieh
Jelena Jankovic Jie Zheng Tamarine Tanasugarn Alisa Kleybanova Nadia Petrova
RND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #65
country flag genemark

genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light

actually, I do like it that su-wei is going for the big tournaments. She will eventually have to do that anyway. Getting used to playing good players will be good for her games. I am patiently waiting until she makes her waves in beating top players. Go su-wei, you can do it. I will probably go watch her play tomorrow!!!
genemark is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #66
country flag TaiwanTennisFan

TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Su-wei Hsieh New Start Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by genemark View Post
actually, I do like it that su-wei is going for the big tournaments. She will eventually have to do that anyway. Getting used to playing good players will be good for her games. I am patiently waiting until she makes her waves in beating top players. Go su-wei, you can do it. I will probably go watch her play tomorrow!!!
Wow, lucky you. could you pls post some pix? thanks

CHAN, YUNG-JAN, HSIEH, SU-WEI, CHAN, CHIN-WEI, CHUANG, CHIA-JUNG, HWANG, I-HSUAN, CHEN, YI, CHANG, KAI-CHEN, KAO, SHAO-YUAN, HSU, WEN-HSIN. CHAN, HAO-CHING, HSIEH, SHU-YING

Lu, Yen-Hsun, Wang, Yeu-Tzuoo, Chen, Ti, Lee, Hsin-Han, Liu, Tai-Wei, Yang, Tsung-Hua, Yi, Chu-Huan, Chang, Yao-Lun, Chang, Huai-En, Hsieh, Wang-Cheng
TaiwanTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #67
country flag genemark

genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light

well, unfortunately, su-wei withdrew and was replaced by a lucky loser. I was so disappointed! It's really sad to go all the way there ( still kinda far for me) and seeing Fedak playing someone else completely different. I hope she is not seriously hurt and actually train harder to do well in the next few tournaments.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #68

TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light TaiwanTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: Su-wei Hsieh New Start Cheering Thread

Quote:
well, unfortunately, su-wei withdrew and was replaced by a lucky loser. I was so disappointed! It's really sad to go all the way there ( still kinda far for me) and seeing Fedak playing someone else completely different. I hope she is not seriously hurt and actually train harder to do well in the next few tournaments.

What??? I cannot believe it. I am seriously doubt Su-wei's commitment to her tennis career. I don't even know if she withdrew from the tournement just for the heck of it. I am so disappointed too.

CHAN, YUNG-JAN, HSIEH, SU-WEI, CHAN, CHIN-WEI, CHUANG, CHIA-JUNG, HWANG, I-HSUAN, CHEN, YI, CHANG, KAI-CHEN, KAO, SHAO-YUAN, HSU, WEN-HSIN. CHAN, HAO-CHING, HSIEH, SHU-YING

Lu, Yen-Hsun, Wang, Yeu-Tzuoo, Chen, Ti, Lee, Hsin-Han, Liu, Tai-Wei, Yang, Tsung-Hua, Yi, Chu-Huan, Chang, Yao-Lun, Chang, Huai-En, Hsieh, Wang-Cheng
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #69
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Any idea why she withdrew at the last minute? What a shame, yet not that surprising.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
Any idea why she withdrew at the last minute? What a shame, yet not that surprising.

Yeah, does anyone knows why did she withdraw? What a shame!!

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 01:36 AM   #71
country flag genemark

su-wei explained that with an endless tournament schedule and really sore back, she could hardly walk that morning and had to retire. She also dislikes how people criticizes her coach, it's worse than criticizing herself. But she explained that she did not hire Tong to just to relax. If she doesn't do well, she can only blame herself. She also talked about how she thought about retirement sometimes. PLEASE DON'T RETIRE! Su-wei is so talented! I feel that because her weak physique, it's tough for her to handle matches day-in and day-out. We should really give her and Tong sometime to prove themselves. It's really cold and rainy here in new york. It's very likely that most plays will be suspended tomorrow because of the rain. Hopefully, I will get to see her along with Chan, Chuang, and Wang (ATP player).
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:33 AM   #72

Cool Re: Su-wei Hsieh New Start Cheering Thread

Quote:
su-wei explained that with an endless tournament schedule and really sore back, she could hardly walk that morning and had to retire. She also dislikes how people criticizes her coach, it's worse than criticizing herself. But she explained that she did not hire Tong to just to relax. If she doesn't do well, she can only blame herself. She also talked about how she thought about retirement sometimes. PLEASE DON'T RETIRE! Su-wei is so talented! I feel that because her weak physique, it's tough for her to handle matches day-in and day-out. We should really give her and Tong sometime to prove themselves. It's really cold and rainy here in new york. It's very likely that most plays will be suspended tomorrow because of the rain. Hopefully, I will get to see her along with Chan, Chuang, and Wang (ATP player).
WOW!! Thanks for the news. Su-wei is thinking about her retirement now??????? What a shocker!! Where did you read about the news??? As I said earlier, I realy doubt her commitment to the games. She is a very talented tennis player, but I just don't think she is willing to train hard to improve her fitness level. Anyway, she is playing this week at US Open qualifying round. She won the first match in hard 3 sets. I hope her back is getting better. Next round opponent Eva Hrdinova is ranked 233 in the world. Su-wei should win the match easily if she can play her games.

Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:37 AM   #73
country flag genemark

I saw her today at the Open. Su-wei was dominating most of the points as usual but her opponent, Fernanda Alves was slicing and dicing which was giving Su-wei lots of problems. Su-wei could make her run like hell but somewhat was unable to finish up short balls. If she moved fast enough, she could have finish up those short balls up at the net once she made her attack. I also try to notice su-wei's techniques in her ground strokes. She hits most balls "open stance" even if she is on-time to hit balls. She also hits them very early, and press and guiding her shoots smoothly, not very fast racquet speed at all. I think that's also the reason why she doesn't really bend her knees and get down really low when she strikes the balls. Personally, I do think she sometimes has trouble handle those low slices or short balls which would be a easy put away if she does get down low. I see her elected to slice and attempt drop shoots instead of pounding those low mid-court balls away. Anyway, I do see a huge improvement on her serves. She has a strong first serve now and not a floaty second serve anymore. She was able to hold most of her serves and that was the key to her win today (but also way too many double faults). Alves is a good player with strong serves and was able to run down lots of balls. She was rarely making mistakes where as Su-wei was giving away too many freebies. Su-wei basically had to hit clean winners to win points... and that she did. Hoping to see her again tomorrow.

Last edited by genemark : Aug 23rd, 2007 at 03:43 AM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:02 AM   #74
country flag genemark

I took some pictures of Hsieh today. Not very good quality but will promise more tomorrow. You can click on this one to get a bigger view.

Last edited by genemark : Aug 23rd, 2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: wrong URL
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:07 AM   #75
country flag genemark

By the way, I borrowed my friend's very old digital camera that hasn't be used in a long time. The dates are all wrong in case you notice them

Last edited by genemark : Aug 23rd, 2007 at 04:12 AM. Reason: wrong URLs