Su-wei Hsieh New Start Cheering Thread - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #316
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future
Re: Su-wei Hsieh New Start Cheering Thread

Go girl, batter them all in the MD with your double handed shots
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #317
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Good luck against Kirilenko!:P
CrazyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 03:27 AM   #318
country flag genemark

genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light
photos of hsieh su-wei and Chan Chin-wei at the qualifying rounds

I was there to see Hsieh and Chan during the first 2 rounds of qualifying. Hsieh had a very comfortable win against Silvia Soler Espinosa in the first round. She was leading 6:0 and 4-1 in the 2nd second but hiccuped until she was able to close the match out at 6:4 2nd set. Today she went against a good US junior player Madison Brengle who has a very good forehand and consistant game. She really took it to Hsieh and I was a bit worried. Hsieh also was serving badly (I think less than 50% of 1st serves in). Hsieh was very annoyed with herself today. She was not happy at the end after she won. You could also tell that she is a lot less comfortable than the first round match because she started to do her risky drop shoots. I love watching Hsieh doing her "Hingis" combo where she makes a drop shoot to draw her opponents to the front of the net and then lob the next ball. She did this today with 2 consecutive drops and lobs... Madison was running to the front, back, front and back again LOL. Anyway, the photos are posted here from the day one.

http://picasaweb.google.com/genemark...alifyingRounds
genemark is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM   #319
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Good luck Su-Wei for the final round of qualification !
Genemark -> Great pics !!! Thanks a lot
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:27 PM   #320
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Hehe thanx for the report! Please keep them coming! Love it when a player plays smart tennis! Good luck Su-Wei!
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:34 PM   #321
country flag CrazyTennis

Su-Wei into main draw!!! She beat Kristina Barrois 6-4 6-1! Hope she gets a good draw in the main draw! Good luck Su-Wei!
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM   #322
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

yeah su-wei!

Pierce Seles Hingis Capriati Bartoli Davenport Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:19 AM   #323
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Set to play Rodina in the first round.

Relatively easy openers for the Taiwanese girls this time.Get to the third round,both!

Yung-Jan Chan ∞ Simona Halep Caroline Wozniacki Su-Wei Hsieh
Jelena Jankovic Jie Zheng Tamarine Tanasugarn Alisa Kleybanova Nadia Petrova
RND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 05:23 AM   #324
country flag zhangxian22

zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold

watched her match a bit, she played well...
after she won, somebody asked her and she said she felt way much better than yesterday...
hopefully she can go further...
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 04:18 AM   #325
country flag genemark

genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light genemark is a glorious beacon of light

Su-wei was not playing well against Brengle who has a powerful forehand. Su-wei was bothered by some of the calls and was not serving well at all. As always, she relied on breaking serves to win the match. There were many well-disguised shots coming off Su-wei's double handed forehand and backhands that really confused Brengle. Sometimes Brengle just watched with disbelief that the balls went to unexpected places. Even though su-wei eventually came off a winner, she was not satisfied with her play. Brengle is a good player. After all, she has had a great junior career. I also watched Su-wei's 3rd round match against Barrois. Barrois can serve well with strong forehands. However, her backhand side is a lot weaker and mostly uses slices rather than top spins. Barrois was very disturbed by some of the calls. There was even on one occasion that she thew the racquet down to the ground and yelled at the chair empire. I don't think she really recovered from that. Su-wei was serving poorly as usual during the first set and gradually got better. She even got some service winners and aces in toward the end of the 2nd set. She finished the match in style with her favorite drop shot.
'
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 05:44 AM   #326
country flag genemark

more pictures of hsieh from qualifying round

|Lu talking with Hsieh after her first round qualifying match
|Hsieh signing autograph after her win
|another pic of hsieh signing
|returning a ball to Barrois
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM   #327
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Thanks a lot for your report and your pictures !!!
Are you going on monday or tuesday to see Hsieh match ?
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #328
country flag genemark

no unfortunately, I won't be here in new york until next thursday. Hopefully both Hsieh and Chan YJ will move into the 2nd round. Then I will be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JujulCactus View Post
Thanks a lot for your report and your pictures !!!
Are you going on monday or tuesday to see Hsieh match ?
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #329
country flag andrewC

andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future andrewC has a brilliant future

Best of luck to Su-Wei! think of the AO 2008 and recapture your form!
13 Doubles Titles (including 2004 Olympic Gold and 2008 AO Mixed)
Career High 77 (Singles) and 16 (Doubles)
andrewC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #330
country flag zhangxian22

zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold zhangxian22 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by genemark View Post
Su-wei was not playing well against Brengle who has a powerful forehand. Su-wei was bothered by some of the calls and was not serving well at all. As always, she relied on breaking serves to win the match. There were many well-disguised shots coming off Su-wei's double handed forehand and backhands that really confused Brengle. Sometimes Brengle just watched with disbelief that the balls went to unexpected places. Even though su-wei eventually came off a winner, she was not satisfied with her play. Brengle is a good player. After all, she has had a great junior career. I also watched Su-wei's 3rd round match against Barrois. Barrois can serve well with strong forehands. However, her backhand side is a lot weaker and mostly uses slices rather than top spins. Barrois was very disturbed by some of the calls. There was even on one occasion that she thew the racquet down to the ground and yelled at the chair empire. I don't think she really recovered from that. Su-wei was serving poorly as usual during the first set and gradually got better. She even got some service winners and aces in toward the end of the 2nd set. She finished the match in style with her favorite drop shot.
'

I watched her QR3 match vs Barrois